Home Forums Television This WAS the Prediction Thread for the 2022 Golden Globes: TV

This WAS the Prediction Thread for the 2022 Golden Globes: TV

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 265 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Tyler The Awe..
Heptapod
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Where the f*ck is Jeremy Renner?

For?

Also those predictions were done before a lot of changes happened in the Emmy race (so they are very different from my current predictions are for that category here). No need to be expletive about it.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

For? .

I guess they are talking about his Marvel show with Hailee Steinfeld.

FYC: "The Crown", "Ted Lasso", "Pen15" & "Pose" in all categories.
    Emma Corrin ("The Crown"), Maya Erskine ("Pen15"), John Early ("Search Party"), America Ferrera ("Superstore"), Justin Hartley ("This Is Us"), Ben Platt ("The Politician"), Jennifer C. Holmes ("This Is Us") & Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie").

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I guess they are talking about his Marvel show with Hailee Steinfeld.

Eh I’d be surprised if that happens.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/thefilmupdates/status/1390798880070045700?s=21

Lily James is serving, holy shit. I was beyond skeptical of her casting when this was announced but I can’t even find her in those two photos. Stan looks great too but I wasn’t worried about him being able to pull this off.

I might have to stan this next season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/thefilmupdates/status/1390798880070045700?s=21 Lily James is serving, holy shit. I was beyond skeptical of her casting when this was announced but I can’t even find her in those two photos. Stan looks great too but I wasn’t worried about him being able to pull this off. I might have to stan this next season.

And the director of the show is Craig Gillespie. Another reason to be excited.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jesus those limited/movie categories are a BLOODBATH (apart from Actor which still feels quite barren).

https://twitter.com/thefilmupdates/status/1390798880070045700?s=21 Lily James is serving, holy shit. I was beyond skeptical of her casting when this was announced but I can’t even find her in those two photos. Stan looks great too but I wasn’t worried about him being able to pull this off. I might have to stan this next season.

THAT’S LILY JAMES?

Admittedly I haven’t really enjoyed her in her projects so much recently (I only liked her in Baby Driver and War and Peace) but holy s***.

James also has The Pursuit of Love (although I’d be stunned if she was nominated for that because the irony of the storyline) so she does look like she’s in a good position for a potential nomination for Pam and Tommy. Looks like she might have redeemed herself for Rebecca!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Jesus those limited/movie categories are a BLOODBATH (apart from Actor which still feels quite barren). THAT’S LILY JAMES? Admittedly I haven’t really enjoyed in her projects so much recently (I only liked her in Baby Driver and War and Peace) but holy s***. James also has The Pursuit of Love (although I’d be stunned if she was nominated for that because the irony of the storyline) so she does look like she’s in a good position for a potential nomination for Pam and Tommy. Looks like she might have redeemed herself for Rebecca!

I know, I literally can’t see her in those photos. Completely unrecognizable, unbelievable makeup job. I’ve never cared for her as an actress but if she’s able to somehow pull off Pamela, I’ll have to stan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hulu really has a packed 2022 Emmy slate! Nine Perfect StrangersPam and Tommy and The Dropout in limited, Life + BethThe GreatPen15 and Ramy in comedy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Hulu really has a packed 2022 Emmy slate! Nine Perfect Strangers, Pam and Tommy and The Dropout in limited, Life + Beth, The Great, Pen15 and Ramy in comedy.

+ Dopesick, Conversations with Friends, Only Murders in the Building. Jam packed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

+ Dopesick, Conversations with Friends, Only Murders in the Building. Jam packed.

I forgot about those lol.

And then FX potentially has a strong lineup too. The FX/Hulu/Disney family must be really looking forward to next year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Netflix and Amazon has declared that they will not be working with the Golden Globes group “until more meaningful changes are made”.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/golden-globes-amazon-1234950171/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/golden-globes-netflix-1234950125/

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Wow, Lily James has completely disappeared under all that makeup. I was skeptical when I read about her casting, but the transformation is incredible. I like that she’s challenging herself. The makeup team deserves all the awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SoniNon
    Topics:

Sure lily James looks amazing, but that’s all hair/makeup/costuming (and prosthetics). I’m skeptical she can pull off actually acting like Pam at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I doubt the globes happens this year lol
    No one will submit a thing for them and they won’t change so fast.

I think it’s a year off.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

When are the Golden Globes 2022 Film and TV Predictions open?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 265 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.