Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 513 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If she wins this year why take the risk?

Well let’s see how the season unfolds, i might be wrong as hell and her arc will mean nothing.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

That means no SNL ladies, so I guess I’d be ok with it

I’m not honey, i need my Poorna Jagannathan, Ariana Debose and so many others to break through.
    And Gillian Anderson for Sex Ed!

Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

I’m not honey, i need my Poorna Jagannathan, Ariana Debose and so many others to break through. And Gillian Anderson for Sex Ed!

I’m not ok with that either, I’m just ok if they one day eventually decide to not include the SNL cast, but I might just be dreaming too far away from the ground 🙁

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

Barry season 3 has officially began shooting o/

https://collider.com/barry-season-3-set-image-filming-begins-henry-winkler/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Elle Fanning wins in the end, she’ll have to change her name to Elle Bea Winning.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

The way I’d love The Other Two to become a hit, and Helene Yorke to get some recognition.  She and Molly Shannon are so so good in it, both should have been nommed in 2019.

I’m not ok with that either, I’m just ok if they one day eventually decide to not include the SNL cast, but I might just be dreaming too far away from the ground

Nwodim deserves.

FYC: Cecily! MJ! Maya! Winslet!

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

With Hacks and Insecure in play, I think HBO will skip Barry and then face a less competitive field next.

Lol at HBO prioritising Insecure and Hacks over Barry.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol at HBO prioritising Insecure and Hacks over Barry.

I mean the latter did get more nominations for its first season than Barry did for its first. HBO might not want them to compete in the same cycle.

Oscars FYC:
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

In an incredibly weak year. Barry is far more competitive across more categories and has a huge following in the industry.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

In an incredibly weak year. Barry is far more competitive across more categories and has a huge following in the industry.

That’s why it lost Directing to Fleabag ? Bill Hader also wouldn’t beat Sudeikis, the guy who stopped the Schitt’s Creek sweep at the winter awards.

Barry S1 also was in a weak year in which shows like Glow broke in and the freaking Will and Grace revival was predicted to be nominated. The show also never got a Program of the Year nomination at TCA like Hacks got, kicking The Queen’s Gambit and The Crown out, despite being an acclaimed show with critics.

Regardless of quality, Barry is filming two seasons back to back and might not be ready on time. That’s all.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

the freaking Will and Grace revival was predicted to be nominated.

In retrospect, NBC really should’ve prioritised The Good Place earlier.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

a Program of the Year nomination at TCA like Hacks got, kicking The Queen’s Gambit and The Crown out, despite being an acclaimed show with critics.

The Queen’s Gambit was actually nominated for Program of the Year at TCA but that doesn’t still take away how impressive Hacks‘ haul has been.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

She’ll probably be on the whole season, which makes the case to a bump on Waddingham even more clear. They won’t have 3 actresses on supporting right?

I’m not even going to predict her regardless because they obviously don’t like lesser known actors who aren’t in the show from the start.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m not even going to predict her regardless because they obviously don’t like lesser known actors who aren’t in the show from the start.

Yeah outside of SNL/Crown rotating casts I just counted five nominations of people who weren’t original cast members since the rule change and all of them have much higher profiles than Niles (two of them were Meryl Streep for BLL and Olivia Colman for Fleabag).

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.