Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 188 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
katiebstate
  • Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

The Chair teaser/trailer

First thoughts

1. I like it, I’ll watch it.

2. This has slightly less Oh than I’d expected from the title and earlier marketing might be a bit more ensemble-y than I thought rather than a Ted Lasso-level every-scene Oh show (however, that might have just been more my perception).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I thought the trailer was kinda meh.

The first Hacks trailer was underwhelming as well, so we’ll know when the embargo lifts (one hour before the season gets released, because Netflix).

The show needs to be a banger to holds up IMO, considering the release date and the stacked race, and Netflix will already have Russian Doll and Dead To Me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whilst I do think the release date may hurt Oh’s chances, I think what’s really going to help her next season is she’s going to have the final season of Killing Eve airing close to voting. And if she ends up being a contender for this show (which I think she could if the show is an audience hit or well received), she could get double nominations. And with double nominations and a potential push from pundits as for why “this should be her year”, I think momentum could really build for Oh to win an Emmy somewhere.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

Whilst I do think the release date may hurt Oh’s chances, I think what’s really going to help her next season is she’s going to have the final season of Killing Eve airing close to voting

I feel like maybe this is a contender for her and not for show purely based on trailer. And yeah release date isn’t the greatest

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Updated Predictions.

Comedy Series
    1. Barry
    2. Ted Lasso
    3. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    4. Atlanta
    5. The Great
    6. Hacks
    7. Only Murders in the Building
    8. Russian Doll

Comedy Actress
    1. Jean Smart, Hacks
    2. Elle Fanning, The Great
    3. Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    4. Christina Applegate, Dead to Me
    5. Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll
    6. Margaret Qualley – Maid

(Kaley Cuoco – The Flight Attendant, Linda Cardellini – Dead to Me, Issa Rae – Insecure, Selena Gomez – Only Murders in the Building, Sandra Oh – The Chair)

Comedy Actor
    1. Bill Hader, Barry
    2. Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso
    3. Donald Glover, Atlanta
    4. Nicholas Hoult, The Great
    5. Steve Martin, Only Murders in the Building
    6. Don Cheadle, Black Monday

(Anthony Anderson – Black-ish, Matt Berry – What We Do in the Shadows, Larry David – Curb Your Enthusiasm)

Comedy Supporting Actress – not predicting any SNL ladies until we know who’s for sure coming back
    1. Hannah Waddingham, Ted Lasso
    2. Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    3. Sarah Goldberg, Barry
    4. Juno Temple, Ted Lasso
    5. Annie Murphy, Russian Doll
    6. Amy Ryan, Only Murders in the Building
    7. Andie MacDowell – Maid
    8. Marin Hinkle, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

(Zazie Beetz – Atlanta, Hannah Einbinder – Hacks, Anika Noni Rose – Maid, Yvonne Orji – Insecure, Rosie Perez – The Flight Attendant)

Comedy Supporting Actor
    1. Henry Winkler, Barry
    2. Tony Shalhoub, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    3. Brian Tyree Henry, Atlanta
    4. Brett Goldstein, Ted Lasso
    5. Anthony Carrigan, Barry
    6. Bowen Yang, Saturday Night Live
    7. Martin Short, Only Murders in the Buildin
    8. Kenan Thompson, Saturday Night
    Live

(Nick Mohammed – Ted Lasso, LaKeith Stanfield – Atlanta, Brendan Hunt – Ted Lasso, Nathan Lane – Only Murders in the Building)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Updated Predictions. Comedy Series 1. Barry 2. Ted Lasso 3. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 4. Atlanta 5. The Great 6. Hacks 7. Only Murders in the Building 8. Russian Doll Comedy Actress 1. Jean Smart, Hacks 2. Elle Fanning, The Great 3. Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 4. Christina Applegate, Dead to Me 5. Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll 6. Margaret Qualley – Maid (Kaley Cuoco – The Flight Attendant, Linda Cardellini – Dead to Me, Issa Rae – Insecure, Selena Gomez – Only Murders in the Building, Sandra Oh – The Chair) Comedy Actor 1. Bill Hader, Barry 2. Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso 3. Donald Glover, Atlanta 4. Steve Martin, Only Murders in the Building 5. Anthony Anderson – Black-ish 6. Don Cheadle, Black Monday (Matt Berry – What We Do in the Shadows, Larry David – Curb Your Enthusiasm) Comedy Supporting Actress – not predicting any SNL ladies until we know who’s for sure coming back 1. Hannah Waddingham, Ted Lasso 2. Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 3. Sarah Goldberg, Barry 4. Juno Temple, Ted Lasso 5. Annie Murphy, Russian Doll 6. Amy Ryan, Only Murders in the Building 7. Andie MacDowell – Maid 8. Marin Hinkle, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Zazie Beetz – Atlanta, Hannah Einbinder – Hacks, Anika Noni Rose – Maid, Yvonne Orji – Insecure, Rosie Perez – The Flight Attendant) Comedy Supporting Actor 1. Henry Winkler, Barry 2. Tony Shalhoub, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 3. Nicholas Hoult, The Great 4. Brian Tyree Henry, Atlanta 5. Brett Goldstein, Ted Lasso 6. Anthony Carrigan, Barry 7. Bowen Yang, Saturday Night Live 8. Martin Short, Only Murders in the Building (Kenan Thompson – Saturday Night Live, Nick Mohammed – Ted Lasso, LaKeith Stanfield – Atlanta, Brendan Hunt – Ted Lasso, Nathan Lane – Only Murders in the Building)

This makes a lot of sense but is Hoult really going to drop down to supporting after getting in everywhere in lead at the winter awards?

So excited for Maid (although I guess that could also compete in drama)!

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I doubt that Issa Rae misses the nomination btw.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Sudeikis will win another Emmy before Bill Hader wins his third.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

This makes a lot of sense but is Hoult really going to drop down to supporting after getting in everywhere in lead at the winter awards? So excited for Maid (although I guess that could also compete in drama)!

Yeah that was a mistake on my end. I’m updating it now!

The Emmy’s have only ever seemed to care for her and that show when the competition was weak. The competition isn’t weak next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

When Jason and Bill Hader compete, there will be blood

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Ted Lasso is giving Physical and Schmigadoon! some viewers

The two high-profile new additions, Schmigadoon! and Physical, have been breakouts and both debuted among the Top 10 highest-viewed scripted series premieres — comedy or dramas — on Apple TV+, sources said.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/ted-lasso-ratings-apple-tv-plus-emmy-nominations-schmigadoon-physical-1234797724/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Ted Lasso is giving Physical and Schmigadoon! some viewers The two high-profile new additions, Schmigadoon! and Physical, have been breakouts and both debuted among the Top 10 highest-viewed scripted series premieres — comedy or dramas — on Apple TV+, sources said. https://deadline.com/2021/07/ted-lasso-ratings-apple-tv-plus-emmy-nominations-schmigadoon-physical-1234797724/

The random hate comments 💀

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The random hate comments 💀

All Anonymous accounts with “woke” on their fingers should not be taken seriously hun

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Emmy’s have only ever seemed to care for her and that show when the competition was weak. The competition isn’t weak next year.

Insecure is in an interesting case.

On the one hand yes it has had a history of falling out in competitive fields but it also broke through quite a bit last year and won editing. So it does seem like it has certainly grown in support. However it also completely crashed at the guilds. I’m not taking its SAG snub too seriously because they have a weird history when they come to HBO shows (see Lovecraft and <i>Perry Mason</i> under-performing so much there this year or Watchmen and Succession the previous year) but there really is no reason why it shouldn’t have broken in at WGA and especially DGA with both those groups’ biases towards HBO. Especially when Curb Your Enthusiasm made it in at both over it.

I think its chances really depend on the reception of the final season. I think either it will retain its series and two acting nominations or it will pull a Silicon Valley and get shut out completely. If it has an undeniable season in buzz I’ll reconsider. It is after all airing its final season quite early in the cycle and HBO and Max’s campaign team will have Hacks and potentially Barry and The Flight Attendant to campaign also.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.