Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 174 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
24 mins ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Kaguya-hime
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:
    Victor
    Topics:

Regardless of how good Fleabag was it shouldn’t have won directing (Barry was robbed) and I’m fine with Phoebe winning actress but Julia was better.

Deserved Writing + Series and that’s it.
    After watching Run last year I was shocked on how bad PWB is as an Actor

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I think if Fleabag wasn’t competing that JLD would have won considering how she would have had the biggest narrative that year (PWB had an “only chance narrative” and her show was a pop-cultural phenomenon). I do think Brosnahan was probably third though.

I think you’re overrating how much the Emmys care about narratives. I can really only think of 2 wins that were largely helped by narratives that went beyond people just loving a show or performance: Winkler’s win for Barry and Hamm’s win for Mad Men (and even for Hamm, his performance was the most acclaimed in his category and in the strongest series contender in his category). And giving JLD a 7th Emmy so that she could break some records is not something I think people really cared about. She only really got to that many Emmys for Veep due to a lack of competition anyways. The only times other than 2019 when she was up against someone in a stronger series contender than her were in 2012 and 2013, the first two years she won (and I guess arguably in 2014 when she beat Taylor Schilling). Her 4th, 5th, and 6th wins all came when she was in the series winner and the only competition she had from series nominees was Amy Poehler, Tracee Ellis Ross, and Ellie Kemper (and Amy Schumer in a different series category). Of course she was going to keep winning. That doesn’t mean the Emmys were going to give her a 7th win over people in much stronger series contenders.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Girls, they are coming

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

SERIES

Ted Lasso
    The Great
    What We Do In The Shadows
    Russian Doll
    Barry
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Ramy
    Sex Education

ACTOR

1. Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso
    2. Bill Hader, Barry
    3. Ramy Youssef, Ramy
    4. Donald Glover, Atlanta
    5. Matt Berry, What We Do In The Shadows
    6. Asa Butterfield, Sex Education

ACTRESS

1. Elle Fanning, The Great
    2. Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll
    3. Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    4. Natasia Demetriu, What We Do In The Shadows
    5. Issa Rae, Insecure
    6. Sandra Oh, The Chair

SUPPORTING ACTOR

1. Henry Winkler, Barry
    2. Tony Shalhoub, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    3. Mahershala Ali, Ramy
    4. Nicholas Hoult, The Great
    5. Brian Tyree Henry, Atlanta
    6. Nick Mohammed, Ted Lasso
    7. Harvey Guillen, What We Do In The Shadows
    8. Mark Proksch, What We Do In The Shadows

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

1. Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    2. Hannah Waddingham, Ted Lasso
    3. Gillian Anderson, The Great
    4. Amy Lou Wood, Sex Education
    5. Juno Temple, Ted Lasso
    6. Hiam Abbass, Ramy
    7. Sarah Goldberg, Barry
    8. Annie Murphy, Russian Doll

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Girls, they are coming  

his Emmy finally

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Girls, they are coming

Holy mother, why are both of them so hot? My 2022 Emmy campaign starts right here, right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

SUPPORTING ACTRESS 1. Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 2. Hannah Waddingham, Ted Lasso 3. Gillian Anderson, The Great 4. Amy Lou Wood, Sex Education 5. Juno Temple, Ted Lasso 6. Hiam Abbass, Ramy 7. Sarah Goldberg, Barry 8. Annie Murphy, Russian Doll

Gillian Anderson will only be in 2 episodes of The Great. She will undoubtedly go guest.

Ramy

Ramy starts shooting in December. It will probably miss eligibility.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Gillian Anderson will only be in 2 episodes of The Great. She will undoubtedly go guest.

Another win the basket? Anderson has entered the Regina King (2015-present) phase of her career and I love that for her.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Hoult is lead 

Wasn’t he campaigned in supporting last time? Are they changing that?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Girls, they are coming

What show is this for?

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What show is this for?

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!

Girls, they are coming

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wasn’t he campaigned in supporting last time? Are they changing that?

He was campaigned and nominated in lead at the winter awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

He was campaigned and nominated in lead at the winter awards.

Good to know, thanks. That does seem like it could potentially lead to a Shalhoub win if he ends up in a field with 2 Barry nominees, 2 Ted Lasso nominees, 2 Atlanta nominees, and an SNL nominee. I also wouldn’t be surprised though if Ted Lasso just got a single supporting nomination in the category next year (we’re only predicting 3 because the year is empty), and if whoever it was won it.

Do you think that Charlie Barnett will be in supporting again or will they upgrade him to lead (since he basically was a co-lead for the second half of the show after he was introduced).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

What show is this for?

Maisel!
    It’s probably a rehearsal because of the actual clothes.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.