Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 518 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Kaguya-hime
  • Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

The biggest Dead to Me snub was in Picture Editing considering the number of slots and shows that we presumed were smaller got in over it. Also, it had an ACE nomination.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

ACE is panelled.

And Dead to Me is more popular than WWDITS and Insecure, so what’s your point?

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Does Love, Victor have any chances? This second season was a very solid and well executed season!

Probably not unless it becomes a stealth year end list favourite like Never Have I Ever (season 2 premiering July 15). Wouldn’t be shocked if Ana Ortiz or another supporting player randomly pops up at Critics Choice though.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I understand that Dead To Me didn’t make it in writing or directing, but it literally made it in Comedy Series and Comedy Actress X2 which proves that it has passion even if the writers & directors branch are indifferent to the show.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The first episode of Physical was terrible. Rose Byrne was very good but I highly doubt she’s even in the top 25 anymore.

That whole show is horrible
    The narration is strongly annoying.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Ugh, the fact that both Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini can’t win for Dead to Me is so sad.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Shows predominantly supported by actors don’t tend to do well in Series when there is a high competition. We saw it with This Is Us and to some extent, The Morning Show (although I think it does get Series next year) last season. So Dead To Me seems in danger and is probably out (although it did do very well at winter awards). I’m also not high on Insecure chances at all so I’m not really placing it that above DTM.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ugh, the fact that both Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini can’t win for Dead to Me is so sad.

I haven’t seen season 2 yet but the chemistry they have together in season 1? ART!

I prefer Applegate’s performance but Cardellini in Dead to Me is the best she’s ever been.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Well, you need to go ahead and watch S2, because you haven’t seen what either can do yet.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Cardellini was better on S2, both were ridiculously good still.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well, you need to go ahead and watch S2, because you haven’t seen what either can do yet.

I will in due course (definitely before the new season comes out) but you’ve gotten me more excited!

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Jacob Boe
    Topics:

Comedy as its original characters are returning (the academy adjusted their roles two years ago which forced The Sinner and AHS : Apocalypse to compete in drama). The same applies to Dexter which will be competing in drama.

But I thought they made exceptions if it was only going to be one season. Didn’t they do that with the “Gilmore Girls” revival or whatever?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Gilmore was before the 2019 rule change.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I will in due course (definitely before the new season comes out) but you’ve gotten me more excited!

Let me tell you: there’s a car scene in season 2. That’s it. People know what I mean.

Profile picture
    Jacob Boe
    Topics:

Gilmore was before the 2019 rule change.

Oh, okay. Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories’ is closed to new replies.