Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
methaddiction
Kaguya-hime
  • Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Homeland season 1 > Mad Men season 5 sorry darling.

Mad Men Season 5 is the single best season of tv anyone has ever made. Homeland Season 1 is ok, I guess. That pilot was nothing special though, and there are many shows every year that have better first episodes than Homeland did.

I feel like Actor is Cox’s to lose. There seems to be a real sense of passion for Cox’s performance and now that Strong has been awarded, I anticipate the drive will shift towards awarding Cox. Similar thing for Sandra Oh in Drama Actress although I don’t think she’ll win (Comedy Actress on the other hand…)

I kind of doubt it tbh. The Emmys nowadays tend to stick with the contender from a show that they deem their favorite when it comes to wins, and Cox losing with such an incredibly showy Season 2 makes me doubt his chances.

As far as Oh goes though, I’m not sure she’ll even get nominated? Zendaya, Linney, Aniston, and Baranski will likely be ahead of her if their shows are good, which leaves just 2 slots. I don’t think predicting something like Comer and Pike making it would be implausible.

I think a Friday Night Lights comparison makes more sense. It won for the final season even tho writing juggernaut Mad Men was right there. However Saul is a much more stronger show than FNL and The Americans.

The Emmys had largely given up on Mad Men at that point though. Friday Night Lights was likely really close to winning series over it given the writing and actor wins and Mad Men flopping when it came to tech wins.

I really doubt Better Call Saul wins anything next year. We saw what happened with The Good Place‘s final season in a much weaker field. Just because The Americans won Writing and an acting award for its final season, it doesn’t mean every show will do the same.

Besides, The Americans won in a divided field where it was the dominant critical front runner. The two top series contenders were likely Game of Thrones and The Crown, and the writing wasn’t the standout of either of the episodes they picked. The Handmaid’s Tale’s writing had already started to be criticized and Stranger Things was never a writing-focused show. The only big writerly shows in that field were The Americans and Killing Eve, and Killing Eve was just too weak to pose a threat.

I still don’t get why the Emmys didn’t embrace The Good Place more though. It seems like something they should have loved, with it being highly acclaimed, innovative, having big names attached to it like Danson, Bell, and Rudolph, having far more awareness in the general public than most Emmy contenders do, etc.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Mad Men season 5 isn’t even the best season of Mad Men.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mad Men season 5 isn’t even the best season of Mad Men.

Only because Mad Men season 4 is the best season of TV EVER!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Only because Mad Men season 4 is the best season of TV EVER!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Only because Mad Men season 4 is the best season of TV EVER!

Ngl, I really don’t get this. It’s a good season, but only half of the episodes in it were anything special, Pete and Betty had little to do in the season, the writers really didn’t know what to do with Lane a lot of the time (the playboy waitress plotline was so bizarre) and it easily has the second-weakest season finale of the show (Tomorrowland is a good episode, but it’s definitely not at the level of stuff like The Wheel, Shut the Door Have a Seat, and Person to Person). Even with the cast that has material, Joan and Roger have way better material in Season 5. There’s a reason why when anyone talks about Season 4, they pretty much just talk about The Suitcase, because that and The Beautiful Girls are the only two great episodes in the season. It’s a good season for Don and Peggy, but even there it’s nowhere near their best work outside of that one episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

All this talk about Homeland makes me remember how this show went downhill real fast.
    Shame tho.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Billions will return in September 5.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

All this talk about Homeland makes me remember how this show went downhill real fast. Shame tho.

It went downhill but rebounded IMO. Season 4, 7 and 8 are all amazing!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

It went downhill but rebounded IMO. Season 4, 7 and 8 are all amazing!

Season 4 proably don’t have the praise of season 1 and 2, but it’s great IMO and have such a strong sequence of episodes. From A to B and Back Again, Redux, Halfway to a Donut, There’s Something Else Going On, 13 Hours in Islamabad and Krieg Nicht Lieb!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

There’s Something Else Going On

I still remember the final 10 minutes. I prob will never forget. That was surely something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Season 4 was insane

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

SERIES

1. Succession
    2. Ozark
    3. Better Call Saul
    4. Killing Eve
    5. House of the Dragon
    6. Loki
    7. The Morning Show
    8. Stranger Things

ACTOR

1. Brian Cox, Succession
    2. Jeremy Strong, Succession
    3. Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
    4. Jason Bateman, Ozark
    5. Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us
    6. Tom Hiddleston, Loki

ACTRESS

1. Sandra Oh, Killing Eve
    2. Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    3. Zendaya, Euphoria
    4. Laura Linney, Ozark
    5. Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show
    6. Mandy Moore, This Is Us

SUPPORTING ACTOR

1. Billy Crudup, The Morning Show
    2. Kieran Culkin, Succession
    3. Matthew Macfadyen, Succession
    4. Giancarlo Esposito, Better Call Saul
    5. Tony Dalton, Better Call Saul
    6. Owen Wilson, Loki
    7. Matt Smith, House of the Dragon
    8. David Harbour, Stranger Things

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

1. Julianna Margulies, The Morning Show
    2. Julia Garner, Ozark
    3. Sarah Snook, Succession
    4. Fiona Shaw, Killing Eve
    5. Hiam Abbass, Succession
    6. Olivia Cooke, House of the Dragon
    7. Carrie Coon, The Gilded Age
    8. Cynthia Nixon, The Gilded Age

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

SERIES 1. Succession 2. Ozark 3. Better Call Saul 4. Killing Eve 5. House of the Dragon 6. Loki 7. The Morning Show 8. Stranger Things ACTOR 1. Brian Cox, Succession 2. Jeremy Strong, Succession 3. Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul 4. Jason Bateman, Ozark 5. Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us 6. Tom Hiddleston, Loki ACTRESS 1. Sandra Oh, Killing Eve 2. Jodie Comer, Killing Eve 3. Zendaya, Euphoria 4. Laura Linney, Ozark 5. Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show 6. Mandy Moore, This Is Us SUPPORTING ACTOR 1. Billy Crudup, The Morning Show 2. Kieran Culkin, Succession 3. Matthew Macfadyen, Succession 4. Giancarlo Esposito, Better Call Saul 5. Tony Dalton, Better Call Saul 6. Owen Wilson, Loki 7. Matt Smith, House of the Dragon 8. David Harbour, Stranger Things SUPPORTING ACTRESS 1. Julianna Margulies, The Morning Show 2. Julia Garner, Ozark 3. Sarah Snook, Succession 4. Fiona Shaw, Killing Eve 5. Hiam Abbass, Succession 6. Olivia Cooke, House of the Dragon 7. Carrie Coon, The Gilded Age 8. Cynthia Nixon, The Gilded Age

I don’t get why you’re predicting that Succession and The Morning Show will do worse in supporting actor than they did last time in favor of Stranger Things and Better Call Saul (which they beat out last time in the category) and Loki.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sterling K. Brown and Jason Bateman are not going to be below Bob Odenkirk.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.