Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
katiebstate
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Where does that leave Netflix? Are the only returning dramas with any awards history that are likely to be ready Ozark and Stranger Things?

Yeah I think it will be Ozark and one of Bridgerton and Stranger Things.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So many set photos from Killing Eve season 4 keep leaking online.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQHWa0jBMqE/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQJjWs9rK2v/

If this season is more acclaimed than the last then I think with the amount of hype there seems to be for it and the potential individual hype Sandra Oh could have for The Chair that she could take home Drama Actress.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

Yeah I think it will be Ozark and one of Bridgerton and Stranger Things.

Didn’t Bridgerton only just start filming?

Am I missing something on their upcoming slate that’s ongoing? The only new (English language) shows I can even see as ongoing drama and not limited that would have any chance for next year are:

-The Lincoln Lawyer adaptation that was initially CBS (so I would guess it’s ongoing as CBS don’t really do limited) that Netflix took on,

-The Sandman series that’s just about to wrap (explicitly stated as ongoing)

– presumably the Vikings: Valhalla spinoff because limited doesn’t make sense.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Didn’t Bridgerton only just start filming? Am I missing something on their upcoming slate that’s ongoing? The only new (English language) shows I can even see as ongoing drama and not limited that would have any chance for next year are: -The Lincoln Lawyer adaptation that was initially CBS (so I would guess it’s ongoing as CBS don’t really do limited) that Netflix took on, -The Sandman series that’s just about to wrap (explicitly stated as ongoing) – presumably the Vikings: Valhalla spinoff because limited doesn’t make sense.

Is The Sandman Serie of DC?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Didn’t Bridgerton only just start filming?

It started shooting back in March.

I think one of it and Stranger Things will be released around Christmas on Netflix. Probably the latter but it’s set to wrap shooting in August and with how much post-production takes during the pandemic, I’m not sure.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I hope Emmys drop nominating Bridgerton for S2 and onward.

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

Is The Sandman Serie of DC?

Yeah, sort of, Vertigo imprint. Apparently has a bigger budget than Watchmen. Has been shooting all year and clearly has $$$ for cast.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I hope Emmys drop nominating Bridgerton for S2 and onward.

Sadly if they embrace it this year, it’s unlikely they’ll drop it next year.

But let’s hope it crashes enough in its season 2 haul for it drop out completely the following year hehe.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

I doubt Bridgerton happens at the Emmy’s going forward. Season one was definitely a phenomenon but it’s also benefitting from a very weak year. Next year already looks packed, and I don’t think there will be as much hype surrounding season two since Page left the show.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I doubt Bridgerton happens at the Emmy’s going forward. Season one was definitely a phenomenon but it’s also benefitting from a very weak year.

For my own sake I’d love for this to happen and perhaps I’m being a bit too pessimistic but in all fairness this is exactly what was said about Killing Eve last year. And about Westworld in 2018 when it delivered a second season that was somewhat polarising.

When Emmy voters go big on a show they don’t tend to drop it so quickly. So if Emmy voters are taken by Bridgerton this year, I don’t see how it goes from say 13 or 18 nominations to around 0.

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

For my own sake I’d love for this to happen and perhaps I’m being a bit too pessimistic but in all fairness this is exactly what was said about Killing Eve last year. And about Westworld in 2018 when it delivered a second season that was somewhat polarising.

I also think drama isn’t THAT packed next year. Limited sure.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Bridgerton isn’t getting dropped unless it crashes and burn critically and audience wise.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    emma
    Topics:

Denée Benton shared on Instagram that The Gilded Age has wrapped and starts airing in February 2022… Christine, Cynthia, Carrie, Audra and the rest of that ensemble are coming to serve and sweep

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

If we presume a decent Netflix watching voting contingent I just  don’t know what they replace it with next year? The Sandman is the only new  thing I can see from them safely being in before deadline given they’re already happily promo-ing it and is hardly a sure bet, it’s pretty weird.  Ozark and Stranger Things are getting less nominations as things go on not more. I’m not the biggest fan of Bridgerton either but I just don’t see how it doesn’t continue if it’s solid this year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ozark and Stranger Things are getting less nominations as things go on not more.

Ozark will have to do a hell of a lot to be win competitive for series or even actress (the fact it got almost shut out in wins completely at the winter awards in spite of essentially getting the same nominations everywhere as The Crown is worrying for its chances) but it is not a show on the down in nominations at the Emmys lmao.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories’ is closed to new replies.