Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
katiebstate
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

We all know which show is superior

And it’s Breaking Bad wbk

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

It probably won’t happen, but with his star-power rising (thanks to his almost Oscar nominated turn in Da 5 Bloods) and another high profile film on the way (The Harder They Fall)… Delroy Lindo has a shot at scoring a Guest Actor nom for his final appearance on The Good Fight’s Season 5 premiere. Also, Cush Jumbo for Guest Actress for the same episode. Although The Good Fight has failed at scoring noms in the past, Paramount+ is increasing in profile and viewers and Emmy voters love nominating/awarding series regulars in the guest categories (like some of the ladies in Handmaid’s Tale and Ron Cephas Jones in This is Us).

I must say I’d be pretty happy with this as an outcome, Jumbo and Lindo are pretty deserving.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It probably won’t happen, but with his star-power rising (thanks to his almost Oscar nominated turn in Da 5 Bloods) and another high profile film on the way (The Harder They Fall)… Delroy Lindo has a shot at scoring a Guest Actor nom for his final appearance on The Good Fight’s Season 5 premiere. Also, Cush Jumbo for Guest Actress for the same episode. Although The Good Fight has failed at scoring noms in the past, Paramount+ is increasing in profile and viewers and Emmy voters love nominating/awarding series regulars in the guest categories (like some of the ladies in Handmaid’s Tale and Ron Cephas Jones in This is Us).

Also just saying the fact that Christine Baranski will likely be at the top of minds of voters when The Gilded Age airs (assuming it’s good/is a contender) could help The Good Fight‘s own word of mouth (especially with Paramount+ having far more of a profile/accessibility than CBS All Access). I know that sounds weird but I have a feeling after The Crown season 4 was released that some of Gillian Anderson’s other shows like <i>Sex Education </i>and The Fall seemed to have “more eyes” on them simply on the basis that people were digging through Anderson’s resume lol.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I know that sounds weird but I have a feeling after The Crown season 4 was released that some of Gillian Anderson’s other shows like <i>Sex Education </i>and The Fall seemed to have “more eyes” on them simply on the basis that people were digging through Anderson’s resume lol.

It’s not weird, it’s objectively true. IMDBPro search rankings for shows aren’t perfect, but I like them because they show rise and fall and they align very closely with released data from streamers and Nielsen and third parties like Parrot.  I think it’s less true for Sex Education, but 100% true for The Fall and somewhat true for the X-Files STILL. It was also true for Anya Taylor-Joy’s movies around The Queen’s Gambit, WACO  for Garner, and Top of The Lake but NOT Mad Men for Moss everytime Handmaid’s airs.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I’m shook that there’s actually people who think Ozark is better than Breaking Bad? Alright then…

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

but I just don’t think one of them is the objective standout though I think Braun is the least competitive (though also my current favourite character).

When he ends up being the Samira Wiley of this show and is ahead of Culkin and Macfadyen lmao.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

When he ends up being the Samira Wiley of this show and is ahead of Culkin and Macfadyen lmao.

As long as Succession keeps being great, we’ll likely never know.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As long as Succession keeps being great, we’ll likely never know.

I was just throwing a jokey comment.

But yeah it’s hard to tell which of the Succession men are ahead. Culkin has two Golden Globe nominations but both of those were likely as a result of him being from a famous family and Macfadyen did have a Critics Choice nomination for season 1 but was dropped for season 2 in spite of the show winning series there. It’s weird.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I was just throwing a jokey comment.

Oh I know, just thought it was funny that we might never get to find that out since the show might just keep being triple nominated. 🙂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like one of Hiam Abbass and J. Smith-Cameron will breakthrough in supporting actress next year if the show does indeed end up being the drama series winner/frontrunner. Between Succession and Ramy, Abbass feels due for an awards breakthrough.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m shook that there’s actually people who think Ozark is better than Breaking Bad? Alright then…

I was just kidding Breaking Bad is my favorite show. I wasn’t a big fan of Ozark until the 3rd season.

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I feel like one of Hiam Abbass and J. Smith-Cameron will breakthrough in supporting actress next year if the show does indeed end up being the drama series winner/frontrunner. Between Succession and Ramy, Abbass feels due for an awards breakthrough.

I was quietly obsessed with J.Smith-Cameron last season and really wanted her to get through.

I will say if their storyline continues I think that benefits Culkin. They have close to mercurial chemistry. I mean McFadyen and Braun are fun, but those two are doing something far more risky and interesting as actors, in my opinion anyway.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Queen Laura Linney is coming for her rightful revenge next year. You better believe it.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Hun she’s going to get Good Wife’d again at the Emmys.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hun she’s going to get Good Wife’d again at the Emmys.

I’m talking about The Gilded Age.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories’ is closed to new replies.