Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 420 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
katiebstate
  • Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:
    wolfali
    Topics:

The idea that TV movie could again be competitive…

It will be interesting to see lol.

It was funny how this time last year it looked like TV Movie would be competitive but Small Axe was moved to series, Doctor Who’s special ended up being ineligible, Elizabeth is Missing went to the international Emmys, Euphoria was moved to drama and we are now left with Oslo and Sylvie’s Love and the former appears to have underwhelmed expectations lol.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

It will be interesting to see lol. It was funny how this time last year it looked like TV Movie would be competitive but Small Axe was moved to series, Doctor Who’s special ended up being ineligible, Elizabeth is Missing went to the international Emmys, Euphoria was moved to drama and we are now left with Oslo and Sylvie’s Love and the former appears to have underwhelmed expectations lol.

Oslo is for my nr. 5

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

I wonder if Natalie will be competitive in Actress next year too? The roles sounds extremely baity and the writer/director inspires confidence. It’ll probably get the spring slot like Oslo and Bad Education, which could help if it makes a splash. It could even go to Sundance since that’s where Novitiate premiered. That would be a good way to build buzz if it ends up being well reviewed. At the very least, she’ll probably be an Emmy nominee since she’s a producer on the project.

It’s funny though because this is something I’d probably predict at the Oscars if it wasn’t being made for HBO lol. But now that it’ll be competing at the Emmy’s, I’m not as high on its chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The idea that TV movie could again be competitive…

And it’s not this year…

Wendy Williams The Movie

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With how The Gilded Age is airing in February, I feel like HBO’s only limited series this year for this season will be The White Lotus and Scenes From a Marriage. I feel like they’re spreading out their slate  (probably for Covid related reasons). Scenes From a Marriage itself was slated to premiere in June but that obviously is not happening this month.

My guess is Landscapers goes to the Spring and one (if not both) of their Lakers show and The White House Plumbers goes to the summer considering the HBO/Max family will already have five if not six limited series in contention (plus the Natalie Portman movie).

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Connie Britton coming for the win with The White Lotus

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

. I feel like they’re spreading out their slate  (probably for Covid related reasons)

I think despite what has been said in recent days House of The Dragon getting in under the line for 2022 is pushing it and they need to prepare (just from a content level, not even awards) for that not happening. (Not to mention for if it doesn’t do as well as hoped)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

How I’m ranking the contenders as of right now:

LIMITED SERIES:
    Impeachment: American Crime Story
    Anatomy of a Scandal
    Landscapers
    The Dropout
    Pistol

Scenes from a Marriage
    A Very British Scandal
    Inventing Anna
    Station Eleven
    Dopesick

LIMITED ACTOR:
    David Thewlis in Landscapers
    Oscar Isaac in Scenes from a Marriage
    Michael Keaton in Dopesick
    Toby Wallace in Pistol
    Himesh Patel in Station Eleven

Paul Bettany in A Very British Scandal
    Sebastian Stan in Pam & Tommy
    Ewan McGregor in Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Jeremy Renner in Hawkeye
    Theo James in The Time Traveler’s Wife

LIMITED ACTRESS:
    Beanie Feldstein in Impeachment: American Crime Story
    Olivia Colman in Landscapers
    Amanda Seyfried in The Dropout
    Julia Garner in Inventing Anna
    Sienna Miller in Anatomy of a Scandal

Jessica Chastain in Scenes from a Marriage
    Toni Collette in Pieces of Her
    Claire Foy in A Very British Scandal
    Lily James in Pam & Tommy
    Melissa McCarthy in Nine Perfect Strangers

LIMITED SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    Clive Owen in Impeachment: American Crime Story
    Rupert Friend in Anatomy of a Scandal
    Naveen Andrews in The Dropout
    Michael Stuhlbarg in Dopesick
    Thomas Brodie-Sangster in Pistol
    Dylan Llewellyn in Pistol

Karl Johnson in Landscapers
    Peter Sarsgaard in Dopesick
    Michael Shannon in Nine Perfect Strangers
    Joel Edgerton in Obi-Wan Kenobi

LIMITED SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
    Sarah Paulson in Impeachment: American Crime Story
    Michelle Dockery in Anatomy of a Scandal
    Annaleigh Ashford in Impeachment: American Crime Story
    Anna Chlumsky in Inventing Anna
    Naomi Scott in Anatomy of a Scandal
    Laurie Metcalf in The Dropout

Edie Falco in Impeachment: American Crime Story
    Maisie Williams in Pistol
    Margo Martindale in Impeachment: American Crime Story
    Regina Hall in Nine Perfect Strangers

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

LIMITED SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    Clive Owen in Impeachment: American Crime Story
    Rupert Friend in Anatomy of a Scandal
    Naveen Andrews in Impeachment: American Crime Story
    Michael Stuhlbarg in Dopesick
    Thomas Brodie-Sangster in Pistol
    Dylan Llewellyn in Pistol

Karl Johnson in Landscapers
    Peter Sarsgaard in Dopesick
    Michael Shannon in Nine Perfect Strangers
    Joel Edgerton in Obi-Wan Kenobi

You mean The Dropout?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m hopeful for now but will Netflix campaign for Pieces of Her heavily considering they already have Anatomy of a Scandal and Inventing Anna already and both of those shows have David E. Kelley and Shonda Rhimes behind them?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Probably too early to say. Depends on when it’s released? If Inventing Anna and Anatomy of a Scandal are released in fall/winter and Pieces of Her is held until spring (probably largely out of necessity because it still hasn’t started production), it could by default become a priority due to recency. Especially if either of the former disappoint critically or flop at the winter awards.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s very weird. I always thought the show would be released by Netflix for this year’s season but I was surprised that production had been delayed by quite a bit. Covid I guess. What can you do?

Collette seems to be filming The Staircase right now so I wonder if they’ve wrapped shooting or not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

d Pieces of Her is held until spring (probably largely out of necessity because it still hasn’t started production), it could by default become a priority due to recency. Especially if either of the former disappoint critically or flop at the winter awards.

Pieces of Her is wrapped in Sydney.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When even is Scenes From a Marriage getting released lol? It got a teaser look at the same time MareHacks and The White Lotus did yet it’s the only one of those shows that haven’t been released or given a release date.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 420 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.