Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 372 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
20 mins ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
katiebstate
  • Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

When even is Scenes From a Marriage getting released lol? It got a teaser look at the same time Mare, Hacks and The White Lotus did yet it’s the only one of those shows that haven’t been released or given a release date.

Not sure. If I were HBO I would be waiting to see if there’s any creedence to Marvel at the Emmys because then there’s a distinct possibility Isaac ends up competing with himself and Moon Knight on Disney+ (I believe they’re both limited) which seems counter-productive and likely to cancel itself out.

Similarly I think I could argue having Garner having Inventing Anna and Ozark in the same cycle (despite different categories) might be similarly counterproductive. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

I think the opposite for Garner, actually, especially since Ozark and Inventing Anna are both Netflix shows. Releasing them in the same season seems like the most logical thing to do. It’s basically campaigning without campaigning since the two characters couldn’t be more different and they’ll both probably be shows that are widely seen.

I also think Netflix is positioning Inventing Anna with commercial prospects in mind, as opposed to just awards. Also, are we sure Pieces of Her is a limited series? Everything I’ve read makes it sound like a drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder if they’ll actually release them at a similar time to each other like HBO/Max did when releasing Hacks this season whilst Mare was still airing.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I think the opposite for Garner, actually, especially since Ozark and Inventing Anna are both Netflix shows. 

I don’t know, but Smart is a good point. Are there many post 2015 examples of people getting multiple noms and then winning? (I am tired and can’t remember off the top of my head).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Are there many post 2015 examples of people getting multiple noms and then winning? (I am tired and can’t remember off the top of my head).

Patricia Arquette and Sarah Paulson are recent ones that come to mind.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Patricia Arquette and Sarah Paulson are recent ones that come to mind.

Riz Ahmed, Ann Dowd.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Riz Ahmed, Ann Dowd.

Oh of course! I just was thinking more on the lines of actors who were nominated for two main ceremony acting awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

Oh of course! I just was thinking more on the lines of actors who were nominated for two main ceremony acting awards.

Haha, I stand corrected. Okay, maybe we get both.

Yes, it’s limited, I’m in Sydney and the government press releases here are pretty explicitly stating it’s an 8 episode adaptation of the single book.

Netflix have precious few ongoing new English language dramas on their slate in production – I’m only aware of three. I’m sure there is more, but I guess you prioritise what works.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Evan Peters might give a Darren Criss type of performance with Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story. Charlize Theron also won an Oscar for playing in a serial killer movie with the same title.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mabey19
    Topics:

Is the time traveler’s wife going to be in the limited series category? I’ve heard they’re looking at a second season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t know what’s the difference, but Oficial Trailer from The White Lotus is here.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

Is the time traveler’s wife going to be in the limited series category? I’ve heard they’re looking at a second season.

I think the presumption would probably be limited based on the fact the source material is a single book that could even be condensed in to a movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

When it was announced it wasn’t specified that it was a limited series (which is what normally would happen and is what I usually go by), so I’d say drama series for now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not for this season but I’m here for Daisy Edgar-Jones getting an Emmy nomination after being so cruelly snubbed for Normal People!

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1408197772558274563

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Not for this season but I’m here for Daisy Edgar-Jones getting an Emmy nomination after being so cruelly snubbed for Normal People! https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1408197772558274563

It’s interesting how the stars of Normal People have booked multiple projects after the success of the show yet we didn’t see the same thing for Jharrel Jerome. As far as I know, he has an Amazon show though.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 372 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.