Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 500 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Probably not going anywhere, but The Pursuit of Love is getting a lot of new reviews whit it’s arrival on Amazon.

I’m watching it today. It’s a nice watch, and a nice directorial debut by Mortimer, but it might be too slight for awards.

Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

I need to see the reviews for Beanie first and how the season overall is received. Apparently, the people who went to the screening of the first episode of the show acclaimed Sarah Paulson the most and Annaleigh Ashford also received a good amount of attention. The reception for Beanie was quite muted, in general. This could either mean she’s not really as amazing as we think or probably doesn’t have much to do in the premiere. I honestly think there’s a chance Paulson pulls a Lithgow/Anderson at SAG, in the sense they’re not the lead of the show but their performance is so big that it’ll be hard for voters to ignore. Regarding the other contenders, I think we are underestimating Scenes from a Marriage but we’ll see. If the show is as acclaimed as I hope it’ll be and Kate doesn’t win the Emmy, I could see it pulling a BLL/FV at SAG. But the girls from ACS also would need to split. Like I said, we’ll need to wait to see how things unfold.

Considering how much people hated Cuba Gooding Jr.’s portrayal of O.J. Simpson in spite of his nomination, Feldstein will get nominated as long as there’s some clout around her, i.e. the season is amazing. This is especially true when considering that Monica Lewinsky continues to be a household name, which can’t entirely be said for Paula Jones and the late Linda Tripp (not that they won’t be nominated though, Paulson and Ashford are Emmy darlings after all).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ashford are Emmy darlings after all).

How can she be an Emmy darling when she’s never even received a single Emmy nomination?

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think Beanie is safe, Monica Lewinsky is Monica Lewinsky, if the show ends up with a successful season like O.J., she should get in, even if the consensus were to be that she’s bad on it (which I doubt, girl is nothing but excellence in her works so far).

Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

How can she be an Emmy darling when she’s never even received a single Emmy nomination?

Oops, my bad, I got her confused with Margo Martindale.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The White Lotus’ “power bottom” scene is going viral on TikTok (700k likes, so far)

A day and a half later, up to 1.1m likes and 5m views.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Pam and Tommy has wrapped. 

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Pam and Tommy has wrapped.

it’s shame they even make this series, hope it flops

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I doubt Pam and Tommy will break into series for now.
    As I said earlier, it strikes me as something more of like The Act, with nods for its cast but that’s it.
    Or it could totally flop

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Emmy for him period.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Emmy for him period.

Hot and a great actor
    Also overdue for Looking, please HBO let’s make it happen.

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

Scenes from a Marriage getting a Venice premiere was quite surprising to me. Has this ever happened for a limited series before? Like five episodes or so premiering out of competition at a film festival? Maybe I’m new to this but I’ve never heard of such a thing.

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

I’m really don’t know what to feel about Viola Davis playing Michelle Obama. I’m sure she’ll rise up to the challenge brilliantly but I just cannot visualize her as Michelle. I so want to be proven wrong.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Scenes from a Marriage getting a Venice premiere was quite surprising to me. Has this ever happened for a limited series before? Like five episodes or so premiering out of competition at a film festival? Maybe I’m new to this but I’ve never heard of such a thing.

Yes. There are a few cases of this. It doesn’t necessarily correlate with awards (though it doesn’t preclude it). The most notable I can remember in recent history is Twin Peaks (which obviously didn’t do the whole series) and Top of The Lake (which I believe did) at Cannes in 2017.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Olive Kitteridge also premiered at Venice.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories’ is closed to new replies.