Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 500 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Scenes from a Marriage getting a Venice premiere was quite surprising to me. Has this ever happened for a limited series before? Like five episodes or so premiering out of competition at a film festival? Maybe I’m new to this but I’ve never heard of such a thing.

HBO mini series have played at festivals before (most recently The Third Day at TIFF I think) but I don’t think they’ve submitted anything as high profile as this (or anything at all) to a festival like Venice since their Mildred Pierce/Olive Kitteridge days.

Usually when television shows play at festivals they tend to have big names involved behind the camera in some form (Stateless/Blanchett, Twin Peaks/Lynch, Top of the Lake/Campion etc) so the fact that Scenes From a Marriage is going to Venice without someone as high profile in the writing and directing chairs probably suggests HBO has a lot of confidence in it.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Hot and a great actor Also overdue for Looking, please HBO let’s make it happen.

uh-oh we know what that means…

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

He will be 5 seasons snubbed Justin Hartley-d?
    Hey, at least he’s gay i think, so there’s that.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Emmy winner Eileen Davidson joins Lisa Rinna in Days Of Our Lives: Beyond Salem limited series for Peacock, could it be the streamer’s breakthrough after a failed attempt this year?

In the limited series, over a long weekend, John and Marlena travel to Zurich; Ben and Ciara have a romantic getaway in New Orleans; Chad visits some old friends in Phoenix; and Abe, Paulina, Lani, and Eli vacation in Miami. All find themselves embroiled in a mystery involving stolen jewels which, in the wrong hands, could have dire consequences for Salem. It’s a race against time for ISA agent Billie Reed as she crosses the globe in search of this missing treasure.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Emmy winner Eileen Davidson joins Lisa Rinna in Days Of Our Lives: Beyond Salem limited series for Peacock, could it be the streamer’s breakthrough after a failed attempt this year?

Oh hopeless sweetie. Pls never stop with these posts.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

I don’t even know where to start with who should get nom’d for The White Lotus, everybody??? here for it tbh

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t even know where to start with who should get nom’d for The White Lotus, everybody??? here for it tbh

This show was made for a SAG ensemble win and they don’t even have the category
    Shame.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

YEAH it’s really tough! There’s some obvious ones which are more showy (Shane, Armond, Tanya) and less obvious ones which are less showy (Quinn, Belinda, Olivia, Rachel). I don’t think I’m too impressed with Zahn or Britton, I find both of them the most on-the-nose characters even though they’re obviously emblematic of the whole point of the show. Murray Bartlett & Jennifer Coolidge would probably be my faves, but it’s SO hard to pick.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:
    wolfali
    Topics:

‘Days of Abandonment,’ Starring Natalie Portman, Dead at HBO

Congratulations Ray Donovan on your television movie Emmy.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Congratulations Ray Donovan on your television movie Emmy.

They have a chance really? I know it’s just a wrap up movie for a tv show but i hope they win, i love the show and it deserves more accolades.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

‘Days of Abandonment,’ Starring Natalie Portman, Dead at HBO

I was so bummed when I read about this yesterday. It sounded like such a great role for Natalie and it would have been such an easy Emmy win (as a producer). I hope she’s okay though and that she’s able to film something else non-Marvel sometime this year.

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Murray Bartlett please!!

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Murray Bartlett please!!

I agree with Bartlett. I suspect supporting actor will be a slightly easier category to fit in to unless Disney+ release Hamilton: 3D.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories’ is closed to new replies.