Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
19 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
puck05
  • Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I’m worried critics might give a bad score to Impeachment just because Ryan Murphy is involved.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m worried critics might give a bad score to Impeachment just because Ryan Murphy is involved.

The cast and the pedigree plus the fact that his FX shows are basically the opposite of his Netflix shows, I think it will do okay.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

The cast and the pedigree plus the fact that his FX shows are basically the opposite of his Netflix shows, I think it will do okay.

I agree. Remember there was a definite expectation from some (including me) that The People vs. OJ Simpson would be campy and silly because it was Ryan Murphy only for it to be a revelation. I have never seen a creator more erratic than Murphy but the source material, franchise and cast of Impeachment makes me think it’ll be much closer to the other American Crime Story installments than Ratched, The Politician, Hollywood, Halston, etc…

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I hope we have another I May Destroy You/Normal People esque surprise where a show led by performers with “less name recognition” (I would say newcomer but Michaela Coel is not a newcomer) rises based on the passion and acclaim for the work over expensive series from more established names.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story has been shooting for a while. Evan Peters might be a strong contender, especially if he finally gets nominated for Mare.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I have finished A Very English (I always thought it was British lol) Scandal and I’m just so anxious and excited for a new story with Claire Foy and Paul Bettany.

Ben Whinshaw truly deserved his things, and what a drop from Hugh Grant from this to Undoing

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know it sounds hyperbolic but Ben Whishaw truly is one of the most talented thespians working today. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him give a bad performance lol (even in that god awful Julie Taymor adaptation of The Tempest).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

‘The Dropout’: William H. Macy, Laurie Metcalf, Elizabeth Marvel, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Kate Burton Among 10 Cast In Hulu Limited Series

If it arrives on time for eligibility, I think this could be Impeachment‘s rival in series and actress…

…a big if of course considering how much FX/Hulu seem to have on their plate.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

and

I have a feeling that Life After Life would be this (although the Lead is featured in BP Nominee as Key Supporting role). IMDB listed United States as its country origin, after all despite all british cast (except McKenzie herself) and produced by BBC

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I realised Maisie Williams is supporting not lead in Pistol lol.

My predictions assuming <i>The Time Traveller’s Wife</i> goes limited considering HBO have so many Drama contenders already and for now that The Dropout misses because that FX/Hulu slate is just too full at the moment and it’s the only one that is just about to start shooting.

Limited Series

1. Impeachment : American Crime Story (FX)
    2. Landscapers (HBO)
    3. Anatomy of a Scandal (Netflix)
    4. Pistol (FX)
    5. Scenes From a Marriage (HBO)

6. Inventing Anna (Netflix)
    7. Pam and Tommy (Hulu)
    8. Conversations with Friends (Hulu)
    9. A Very British Scandal (Amazon)
    10. The Time Traveller’s Wife (HBO)

Limited/Movie Actress

1. Beanie Feldstein, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    2. Sarah Paulson, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    3. Olivia Colman, Landscapers
    4. Sienna Miller, Anatomy of a Scandal
    5. Claire Foy, A Very British Scandal

6. Jessica Chastain, Scenes From a Marriage
    7. Lily James, Pam and Tommy
    8. Julia Garner, Inventing Anna
    9. Viola Davis, The First Lady
    10. Rose Leslie, The Time Traveller’s Wife

Limited/Movie Actor

1. David Thewliss, Landscapers
    2. Oscar Isaac, Scenes From a Marriage
    3. Toby Wallace, Pistol
    4. Sebastian Stan, Pam and Tommy
    5. Paul Bettany, A Very British Scandal

6. Michael Keaton, Dopesick
    7. Peter Saarsgard, Dopesick
    8. Theo James, The Time Traveller’s Wife
    9. Ewan McGregor, Obi-Wan
    10. Joshua Jackson, Dr. Death

Limited/Movie S. Actress

1. Michelle Dockery, Anatomy of a Scandal
    2. Annaleigh Ashford, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    3. Edie Falco, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    4. Anna Chlumsky, Inventing Anna
    5. Naomi Scott, Anatomy of a Scandal
    6. Maisie Williams, Pistol

7. Tallulah Riley, Pistol
    8. Gillian Anderson, The First Lady
    9. Margo Martindale, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    10. Taylor Schilling, Pam and Tommy

Limited/Movie S. Actor

1. Rupert Friend, Anatomy of a Scandal
    2. Clive Owen, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    3. Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Pistol
    4. Nick Offerman, Pam and Tommy
    5. Seth Rogen, Pam and Tommy
    6. Michael Shannon, Nine Perfect Strangers

7. Andrew Scott, The Pursuit of Love
    8. O-T Fagbenle, The First Lady
    9. Daniel Rigby, Landscapers
    10. Joe Alwyn, Conversations with Friends

Limited/Movie Writing

1. Ed Sinclair, Landscapers
    2. Impeachment : American Crime Story
    3. Impeachment : American Crime Story
    4. Craig Pearce, Pistol
    5. Melissa James Gibson and David E. Kelley, Anatomy of a Scandal

6. Sarah Phelps, A Very British Scandal
    7. Alice Birch and Sally Rooney, Conversations with Friends
    8. Hagai Levi, Scenes From a Marriage
    9. Robert Siegel, Pam and Tommy
    10. Steven Moffatt, The Time Traveller’s Wife

Limited/Movie Directing

1. Michael Uppendahl, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    2. Danny Boyle, Pistol
    3. Will Sharpe, Landscapers
    4. Craig Gillespie, Pam and Tommy
    5. S.J. Clarkson, Anatomy of a Scandal
    6. David Frankel, Inventing Anna

7. Lenny Abrahamson, Conversations with Friends
    8. Susanne Bier, The First Lady
    9. Anne Sewitsky, A Very British Scandal
    10. David Nutter, The Time Traveller’s Wife 

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Is it A Very British Scandal or a Very English Scandal? I’m always confused.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I don’t think Falco’s role will be much, and even though these ACS casts have gotten a lot of supporting players in in the past the limited field is different now (even 2019 is rather weak in retrospect).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is it A Very British Scandal or a Very English Scandal? I’m always confused.

It was originally A Very English Scandal but because the scandal being explored next season is Scottish, the show’s title has been aptly adjusted.

and even though these ACS casts have gotten a lot of supporting players in in the past the limited field is different now (even 2019 is rather weak in retrospect).

I think if the show truly is the series frontrunner that it will perform quite well with the actors branch in nominations.

I don’t buy Eichner happening though. He’s only credited in one episode on IMDB (although that information could obviously be incorrect) and Monica Lewinsky is more or less a footnote on the character he’s playing’s wikipedia page. Martindale has a baitier role but I have a feeling she’ll be the Connie Britton in OJ Simpson of this cast.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Antony Mathews
    Topics:

Toni Collette on the set of The Staircase (HBO Max)

Emmy FYC: P-Valley in all categories; I May Destroy You in all categories; Sandra Oh, Steven Yeun and JK Simmons for "Invincible".

International Emmy FYC: Camila Morgado and Eduardo Moscovis in "Good Morning Veronica" (globally on Netflix). Alessandra Negrini in "Invisible City" (globally on Netflix).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Toni Collette on the set of The Staircase (HBO Max)

Is she done with Pieces of Her?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.