Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 381 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
17 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
katiebstate
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Claire Foy has been getting so many role offers as of late.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/mgms-orion-pictures-plan-b-sarah-polleys-women-talking-rooney-mara-claire-foy-jessie-buckley-ben-wishaw-among-frances-mcdormand-in-the-adaptation-1234775874/

Ok yes I may be slightly biased towards her (how could I not be after that all time performance in The Crown?) but considering how she may also have some buzz for The Electrical Life of Louis Wain (which will be released this year), I think she might have strong enough individual buzz to cement herself and A Very British Scandal as top contenders. Provided this season is as acclaimed as its first  one was.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Let’s Get Real: Impeachment is coming for the sweep huns.

The only one of your let’s get real’s that actually sounds plausible lmao.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The only one of your let’s get real’s that actually sounds plausible lmao.

Love me being delusional.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I don’t know, but in this interview the writer of the book says they are still filming the series in Australia and in July they will be filming in Atlanta.

Joe Dempsie who was filming on that production in Australia for months posted being in a London airport yesterday so I think they might have wrapped.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I realised Maisie Williams is supporting not lead in Pistol lol.

Definitely supporting. I’ve heard her interviewed about this and I suspect Williams role is more about working with the director and breaking out of the child actress image from hearing an interview with her than awards stuff. But I could be wrong.

I will be interested to see the Thrones cast post the end of that show and see if any of them can break through without GoT next to their names.

By my estimations almost all of their previous nominees (sans Dinklage and Coster-Waldau) are eligible again potentially next year?

Headey, Turner, Williams, Clarke, Van Houten and Harington all look like they should qualify for limited submissions if things get out in time  though Secret Invasion seems like it would be pushing it. Madden  and Rose Leslie in limited as well. Christie will be eligible for drama. Allen’s limited series looks UK only.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    adiman93
    Topics:

Michael C Hall finally wins the Emmy for the revival of Dexter

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Early (pretty much impossible) predictions, listed in order of likelihood of a nomination.

Limited Series
    1. ACS: Impeachment (FX)
    2. Anatomy of a Scandal (Netflix)
    3. The Dropout (Hulu)
    4. The White House Plumbers (HBO)
    5. Five Days at Memorial (AppleTV+)

Limited Series Actress
    1. Beanie Feldstein, ACS: Impeachment
    2. Amanda Seyfried, The Dropout
    3. Sienna Miller, Anatomy of a Scandal
    4. Lily James, Pam & Tommy
    5. Vera Farmiga, Five Days at Memorial

Limited Series Actor
    1. Colin Firth, The Staircase
    2. Clive Owen, ACS: Impeachment
    3. Justin Theroux, The White House Plumbers
    4. Michael Keaton, Dopesick
    5. Taron Egerton, In with the Devil

Limited Series Supporting Actress
    1. Laurie Metcalf, The Dropout
    2. Sarah Paulson, ACS: Impeachment
    3. Cherry Jones, Five Days at Memorial
    4. Michelle Dockery, Anatomy of a Scandal
    5. Margo Martindale, ACS: Impeachment
    6. Lena Headey, The White House Plumbers

Limited Series Supporting Actor
    1. Naveen Andrews, The Dropout
    2. Rupert Friend, Anatomy of a Scandal
    3. William H. Macy, The Dropout
    4. Paul Walter Hauser, In with the Devil
    5. Domhnhall Gleeson, The White House Plumbers
    6. Nick Offerman, Pam & Tommy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I finished watching The Staircase and if its limited series adaptation is as good as the documentary series, it can be a hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

3. The Dropout (Hulu) 4. The White House Plumbers (HBO)

Are these two really going to make eligibility though? I guess the former could considering how short its production cycle appears to be but both HBO and Hulu already seem to have too much on their slate. For example HBO already have LandscapersScenes From a Marriage and The Time Traveller’s Wife so I’m fairly sceptical about <i>The White House Plumbers</i> and <i>The Staircase</i> both making eligibility considering they only just started shooting.

Limited Series Actress 1. Beanie Feldstein, ACS: Impeachment 2. Amanda Seyfried, The Dropout 3. Sienna Miller, Anatomy of a Scandal

This top 3 would be iconic!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Are these two really going to make eligibility though? I guess the former could considering how short its production cycle appears to be but both HBO and Hulu already seem to have too much on their slate. For example HBO already have Landscapers, Scenes From a Marriage and The Time Traveller’s Wife so I’m fairly sceptical about <i>The White House Plumbers</i> and <i>The Staircase</i> both making eligibility considering they only just started shooting.

I think both The Dropout and The White House Plumbers are going to be (or are) filming at the perfect time where they’ll be done and ready for a Spring release.

I don’t think Hulu would hold The Dropout for the following season, especially since it sounds like a surefire awards player. I think it’ll be their main priority next season, actually. More so than Conversations with Friends, Pam & Tommy and Dopesick.

As for The White House Plumbers – that’s a different case. I get the skepticism because HBO does have other players like Landscapers and Scenes from a Marriage. I guess my thinking is that HBO will put out both Landscapers and Scenes from a Marriage sometime this year, leaving them with open slots in the first half of 2022. I don’t see The Time Traveller’s Wife as something HBO will prioritize for awards – at least not over something like The White House Plumbers. And then The Staircase is HBO Max, which I sort of view as its own entity (whether that’s true or not). Also – something like Landscapers could end up being too small/weird and might fly under the radar. The White House Plumbers just sounds like pure awards bait, and it has a good team/cast behind it.

Also – it’s still only June of 2021. Shows that are filming or are starting to film now have close to a year to finish up. I think that’s more than enough time. I also don’t think a lot of these streamers/networks hold shows like movie distributors do. I think they did last year because they needed content since nothing was filming due to covid.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also – it’s still only June of 2021. Shows that are filming or are starting to film now have close to a year to finish up.

This is of course true but even though things are opening up slightly, some of these productions are going to take much longer to shoot than they would have in pre-pandemic times due to Covid production delays. After all half of Inventing Anna had already been shot by the time the show returned to filming in September yet it missed this season due to not being able to finish on time.

I don’t think Hulu would hold The Dropout for the following season, especially since it sounds like a surefire awards player. I think it’ll be their main priority next season, actually. More so than Conversations with Friends, Pam & Tommy and Dopesick.

Actually you might have convinced me to slot the show back into my predictions (I took it out assuming it would miss). Hulu might want to capitalise on both Seyfried’s post Mank career resurgence buzz and the fact that we’ll probably getting flooded with Elizabeth Holmes’ biopics soon (can I just point out how genius the casting of Seyfried is? I feel like she’ll kill this role lol).

And then The Staircase is HBO Max, which I sort of view as its own entity (whether that’s true or not).

It is technically a separate entity but I mentioned it because they share the same campaign team. Shows like The Flight AttendantHacks and It’s a Sin this year all were shown at HBO’s drive in theatre alongside the likes of Mare of Easttown and I May Destroy You.

Same with FX/Hulu. So shows like Pistol and Impeachment will be under the same campaign team as The DropoutConversations with Friends and Dopesick (I’m not including <i>Nine Perfect Strangers</i> because that just feels like it will go nowhere awards wise lol).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know what to say about the trailer itself but I’m still very much looking forward to The Shrink Next Door. Georgia Pritchett wrote one of the best episodes of Succession after all…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I think people are underestimating the cost of putting things in to production at the moment and the capacity to be strategic and the fact that very high profile and/or awards worthy actors on the drama side are wanting to commit to 3+ season dramas (and that star filled limited series are good for streaming viewership).

How many Emmy nominees from ended long run dramas have we seen opt in to another long run or high profile series? How many true high end movie stars have transitioned in to long run TV?  Someone like Moss going from Mad Men to THT is an anomaly.

I also agree with suitable competition something like The Time Travellers’ Wife probably just sits under “entertainment”. Do Americans know Theo James? And Leslie is not that high profile nor does she have any individual (ie not SAG ensemble) history awards wise.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Antony Mathews
    Topics:

Now on the right topic: The Shrink Next Door trailer. November 12th on Apple TV+ with Kathryn Hahn, Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd.

https://twitter.com/AppleTV/status/1405541443431649296?s=20

Emmy FYC: Basically no one because everyone who was my FYC was snubbed. Anyway, I May Destroy You for victory in each category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

This is of course true but even though things are opening up slightly, some of these productions are going to take much longer to shoot than they would have in pre-pandemic times due to Covid production delays. After all half of Inventing Anna had already been shot by the time the show returned to filming in September yet it missed this season due to not being able to finish on time.

That may be true. I think The White House Plumbers will finish up towards the end of summer/beginning of fall though, which would give them more than enough time in post to have the show out in the spring. Theroux was on Smartless (Bateman’s podcast) the other day and I think he said they were going to L.A. at the end of summer to finish filming. That show’s only like 5 episodes I believe – so it’s a quicker shoot.

I don’t know how long they’re planning to film The Dropout for, but it’s supposed to start filming this month. I can’t imagine it would be filming into 2022. As long as it’s done this year, I think it’s definitely coming out in the spring.

It is technically a separate entity but I mentioned it because they share the same campaign team. Shows like The Flight Attendant, Hacks and It’s a Sin this year all were shown at HBO’s drive in theatre alongside the likes of Mare of Easttown and I May Destroy You.

Same with FX/Hulu. So shows like Pistol and Impeachment will be under the same campaign team as The Dropout, Conversations with Friends and Dopesick (I’m not including <i>Nine Perfect Strangers</i> because that just feels like it will go nowhere awards wise lol).

Yeah, I don’t know how HBO and HBO Max strategize their releases. If they view HBO Max as its own thing, even if they share the campaign team, then I think The Staircase would be HBO Max’s only limited series in contention? At least that I can think of off the top of my head. That would only make me feel like they’ll want it out sometime before the deadline.

We’ll know more regarding the fate of these shows when they actually finish filming or when we get release date for other shows like Landscapers or Scenes from a Marriage.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 381 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.