Home Forums Television Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)

Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
ginnala
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
  • Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the conversation here.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree that David Harbour and Millie Bobbie Brown will probably be the only Stranger Things cast members nominated. Winona Ryder could maybe have a chance if they push her back down to supporting, but the fact that she missed for the first season, which was by far her biggest year on the show, leads me to believe she’s never gonna make it. I think both Harbour and Brown will be able to hold on for the whole series, as they’re wonderful, and I’d say Hopper and especially Eleven are the most popular characters on the series. They both definitely deserve to get in for season 3. If they were competing this year, I’d say they’re my personal winners, and Brown actually probably would’ve won. If one of them is more likely to be dropped, I’d say it’s Brown. She’s a child actress, and in a similar fashion to Emilia Clarke on Game of Thrones, a lot of her big moments are driven by special effects, which hurts her, even though I personally think she’s very talented.

Right now I’m torn between wanting Charles Dance to have a big supporting role on The Crown, and wanting him to be guest eligible so he can finally get his Emmy. Should’ve already won in that category for the first season of GOT. The man completely owned Tywin Lannister from the very first second he was onscreen. Is there any word on his performance right now? Someone said Josh O’Connor was well received and could get a supporting nod, but could Dance possibly (obviously this is all based on hearing rather than seeing) get in there too if he’s not guest eligible? He’s at least somewhat helped by being a respected veteran and former nominee.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

imo ST deserved to win the SAG for S2 too, and deserves to win yet again for S3, it’s just an amazing cast with great chemistry and natural performances (well, except for Wolfhard’s in S3)

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now I’m torn between wanting Charles Dance to have a big supporting role on The Crown, and wanting him to be guest eligible so he can finally get his Emmy. Should’ve already won in that category for the first season of GOT. The man completely owned Tywin Lannister from the very first second he was onscreen. Is there any word on his performance right now? Someone said Josh O’Connor was well received and could get a supporting nod, but could Dance possibly (obviously this is all based on hearing rather than seeing) get in there too if he’s not guest eligible? He’s at least somewhat helped by being a respected veteran and former nominee.

I haven’t seen any yet but technically there is an embargo and since Dance’s casting wasn’t officially confirmed by production they may be trying to be careful about spoilers? His role should be juicy though and sort of Tywin Lannister-like because of Mountbatten’s influence in the family and desire to get his name into the bloodline. Plus given the years they are covering he should be there for the entire season. So who knows they may be able to squeeze both in Supporting.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  musterd.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  musterd.
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Watched the entire season of “Undone” today and what a beautiful series. The voice cast is amazing! With this and Fleabag, Amazon is really serving great writting to us this year.

syrus80
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope the actresses from Pose can finally get some nomination love.

I don’t understand the Laverne Cox love.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

After tonight:

-If Succession can win writing this year, I’m certain it’s even more buzzed and acclaimed second season will make it in next year. Hoping for more nominations too but I’m confident it’ll at least retain. Ozark is likely to stick around too.
    -Comer is looking good for another nomination, but Oh could very likely miss, opposite of what I think a lot of us assumed before tonight
    -Unless a new show breaks out or Russian Doll/The Good place have new seasons that blow their previous ones of out of the water and make a giant cultural dent, I feel like The Marvelous Mrs. Mail is posed to return as a dominator next year with Barry and Atlanta likely missing eligibility.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix billed American Son as a television event, that’s joining the TV Movie race as well.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Jodie is so coming back next year. I wouldn’t be surprised if she won the Globe and then SAG too.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Comer was always coming back no matter what.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I just really hope Succession can sneak into acting races. Cox probably can, but I’m not sure I’d predict anyone else. Maybe MacFadyen or Culkin? Snook getting nominated would be amazing but with all that competition in drama actress I don’t see it happening. She does clearly have the performance though, so maybe.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s the only good thing to come out of tonight; no more Fleabag.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys reckon Sandra Oh will ever win her Emmy. She’s at 10-0. Hopefully she’ll win for the final season

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Btw, the drama lead actor stat remains. Who we got next year?

Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

Btw, the drama lead actor stat remains. Who we got next year?

The Rami Malek comeback.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.