Home Forums Television Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)

Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
  • Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol there’s people who really think MBB gives the best performance in Stranger Things? Okay.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol there’s people who really think MBB gives the best performance in Stranger Things? Okay.

Who would you say gives the best performance in Season 3?

I think MBB is MVP but Ryder, Harbour, Montgomery and Dyer are all phenomenal.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Who would you say gives the best performance in Season 3? I think MBB is MVP but Ryder, Harbour, Montgomery and Dyer are all phenomenal.

I thought Maya Hawke was MVP, with Ryder, Harbour, Dyer, Keery, and Montgomery all having standout moments. They also shouldn’t have featured Buono in so many episodes because she should be winning that guest Emmy.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

My problem with Brown is that, while she was amazing in S3 (especially in that finale), she just doesn’t compare with some of the other actresses in her category. She is in no way in the same league as Dowd, Dern, Streep, Strahovski, Newton and HBC. Then again, they’ve all been working much longer while Brown is pulling off such a performance at the age of 14/15.

I just don’t want Dowd and Strahovski to miss. That’s all I care about. And Dern, but she’s close to a lock.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

When are people going to admit, if they haven’t already, that Streep was just fine in BLL and should be the one missing lol.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, the vast majority, I wonder what a delusion someone must have to not think so. MBB detractors like to pretend that she was a huge star from the beginning, but she was a NO ONE. She has this popularity (30 million followers on Instagram, much more than any other cast member) and this prestige (2 SAG and 2 Emmy noms) for one single reason – she is the MVP of the entire show.

She is in no way in the same league as Dowd, Dern, Streep, Strahovski, Newton and HBC.

Career wise obviously not, but performance wise for those roles and seasons she is above two ladies that no one has seen yet (so they do not compete) and above Streep and Dern.

When are people going to admit, if they haven’t already, that Streep was just fine in BLL and should be the one missing lol.

We shockingly agree on something. Well, we also have Keri Russell.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

We shockingly agree on something. Well, we also have Keri Russell.

What do you mean shockingly lol? The only other thing we don’t seem to agree on is MBB, unless there’s other things but I wouldn’t know because I don’t spend that much time on here lately. And also, I don’t think MBB gives a bad performance, I just think she’s clearly does not give the best one on the show.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

She does. Harbour was incredible in season 1 and Schnapp in season 2 but Brown has the best and most consistent performance out of everyone in that show.

Couverture
    Participant
    Topics:

Streep was better than whatever ham Dern was serving. Woodley had no presence this season and Kravitz was cringy af. She is the best of the contenders we’ve seen. HBC could be good but I think she’s miscast. Brown is not a good actress. Streep should be easily winning as of now.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Streep was better than whatever ham Dern was serving. Woodley had no presence this season and Kravitz was cringy af. She is the best of the contenders we’ve seen. HBC could be good but I think she’s miscast. Brown is not a good actress. Streep should be easily winning as of now.

Lol, Streep was so one note. It’s not really her fault, I guess. The character wasn’t very well written. But she definitely wasn’t win worthy, she wasn’t even the best supporting actress in her own show.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Totally agree, there’s not really a false beat when she is on screen, but the writers really failed Streep’s character and I don’t think she has enough material to justify a win. The scream, the courtroom scene, and the slap were all outstanding moments but they didn’t consistently give her enough material for me to say that she should win over Dern.

Dern may be hamming it up at some points, but she had the more defined arc and more opportunities for a varied performance. The fact that she can do those scenes where she talks about Amabella’s future and the ones where she flips out while consistently developing her character’s arc is 100x more than the writers gave Streep.

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Totally agree, there’s not really a false beat when she is on screen, but the writers really failed Streep’s character and I don’t think she has enough material to justify a win. The scream, the courtroom scene, and the slap were all outstanding moments but they didn’t consistently give her enough material for me to say that she should win over Dern. Dern may be hamming it up at some points, but she had the more defined arc and more opportunities for a varied performance. The fact that she can do those scenes where she talks about Amabella’s future and the ones where she flips out while consistently developing her character’s arc is 100x more than the writers gave Streep.

Agreed. Also, to the people who say Dern is hamming it up – how else do you expect her to act? That’s how the character is written. And it makes total sense in that kind of world.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Me right now

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Couverture
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol, Streep was so one note. It’s not really her fault, I guess. The character wasn’t very well written. But she definitely wasn’t win worthy, she wasn’t even the best supporting actress in her own show.

Streep wasn’t one note at all. Mary Louise was a broken grieving mother, a conniving bitch and a master manipulator whom Streep embodied to perfection. Everyone’s so focused on the loud, in your face stuff that the many subtleties of her performance have been missed by people. Even with less screentime Streep formed a better realized character than her co-stars could. Streep would be the last performer who I would call one note on Big Little Lies.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Why must women always be compared to each other in a way men never are? Both Dern and Streep were outstanding. In particular though I’d like to address the notion that the latter was one note. Simply watching the scene of her in court in the finale is enough to disprove that.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.