Home Forums Television Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)

Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
  • kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

They really should’ve just released Stranger Things this past cycle. If Garner could win, Brown would’ve no doubt and probably Directing too. I’m throwing hands with Netflix for chickening out (but I guess they could care less because they still got those Emmys lol).

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Main title theme winner: https://mobile.twitter.com/seewhatsnext/status/1176164337200680960

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder how well The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is going to do next year with Veep, Fleabag, Atlanta & Barry (I think?) not competing. 16 Emmys including 6 for Acting in just 2 seasons is pretty great.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder how well The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is going to do next year with Veep, Fleabag, Atlanta & Barry (I think?) not competing. 16 Emmys including 6 for Acting in just 2 seasons is pretty great.

Personally, I think Maisel‘s plot is its weakest aspect. I was never really intrigued by it, and I think the writers’ branch agrees with me since they’re obviously over it (hence that Pen15 nom). But what attracts me to the show is how incredibly well-crafted it is. The direction, the acting, the cinematography, also the whole period time drama style to it. It’s just a visually attractive show and I’d like to see it keep sweeping acting and tech awards (including directing), but I’m not so sure on Series and Writing. I don’t think it should keep winning those, but with all that competition out of the way, it’s definitely coming for much more gold.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, everyone says David Harbour and Millie Bobby Brown will be the only Stranger Things actors nominated, but I think Dacre Montgomery will also sneak in.

LOL sorry that’s not happening in a million years. I think ST is going to struggle overall in nominations, not add new actors. Supporting actress is stacked between HT, BLL, and The Crown alone (not even accounting for previous winner Thandie Newton, Julia Garner etc. etc.) – I think there is a strong chance that Brown misses.

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Main title theme winner: https://mobile.twitter.com/seewhatsnext/status/1176164337200680960

I think Ramin Djawadi created a theme for a new HBO series too.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry, I meant “Main Title Design”. This song is Sufjan Stevens’ “Chicago”.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

He’s going to be employed by HBO for the rest of his life and I’m completely fine with the 100 Emmys he’ll get as a result lol.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

He’s going to be employed by HBO for the rest of his life and I’m completely fine with the 100 Emmys he’ll get as a result lol.

I’d say winning only two Emmys for creating what is probably the most iconic music in television history is vastly under-rewarding him tbh. Let’s hope he can get more hardware soon.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait, what?! You mean besides GoT and Westworld?

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe she can win for KE but she’ll have to be undeniable and Comer can’t be nominated. But since Comer is the one whose probably going to be sticking around now, she might have to settle for Supporting.

East Asian performers aren’t allowed to win. Their Caucasian younger co-stars are allowed to take their trophies though.

…So Handmaid’s Tale officially was the 2nd biggest drama nominee and 2nd biggest drama winner despite being ineligible in Drama Series/Lead & Supporting Acting. Whew, bodes well for 2020.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t watch Handmaid’s Tale, so I’d appreciate if someone could answer this. I know the second season was widely seen as a sophomore slump. What’s the general consensus on the third season? Is it seen as a return to form? Just trying to figure out how it’ll do this upcoming year.

While talking about Handmaid’s Tale, I’ve said before that I think Big Little Lies (I don’t watch it either so this based off of word of mouth) will likely go down the path of Handmaid’s Tale’s second season. Being seen as a sophomore slump for a show that won big it’s first year, it’ll likely do well in nominations (at least when it comes to actors), but it’s not gonna win anything at the main ceremony.

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

I am happy for Comer but what really ticks me off about Oh losing is they could have easily given her the consolation Guest Comedy Actress win. Do they secretly hate her?

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t watch Handmaid’s Tale, so I’d appreciate if someone could answer this. I know the second season was widely seen as a sophomore slump. What’s the general consensus on the third season? Is it seen as a return to form? Just trying to figure out how it’ll do this upcoming year.

While talking about Handmaid’s Tale, I’ve said before that I think Big Little Lies (I don’t watch it either so this based off of word of mouth) will likely go down the path of Handmaid’s Tale’s second season. Being seen as a sophomore slump for a show that won big it’s first year, it’ll likely do well in nominations (at least when it comes to actors), but it’s not gonna win anything at the main ceremony.

None of the seasons has reached the level of season one, however the last season was its worst. Except one episode, nothing worthy of discussion.

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t watch Handmaid’s Tale, so I’d appreciate if someone could answer this. I know the second season was widely seen as a sophomore slump. What’s the general consensus on the third season? Is it seen as a return to form? 

Well, it includes the least popular episodes of the series to-date, and the most popular episodes of the series to-date, based on imdb at least. I think it definitely helps that the most beloved episodes are in the final 3 of the season, while the least liked are right in the middle.

If someone were lazy and felt like only watching the premiere, that is a pretty popular episode. And if someone watched the whole thing, they would be left on a high by the end. I guess there *could* be some who gave up halfway through.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.