Home Forums Television Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)

Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Okay hold up for a second: The Politician doesn’t need raves to get nominated. I am more than confident that the actors and Ryan Murphy’s star power will carry this show to nominations. It was never going to get glowing reviews because it’s purposely over the top & ridiculous. And the acting branch at least very least will eat that up.

American Horror Story and Glee were able to overcome mixed critical response, especially the former. I mean if “Coven” could get 15+ nods, then this can do just as well.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

American Horror Story and Glee were able to overcome mixed critical response, especially the former. I mean if “Coven” could get 15+ nods, then this can do just as well.

Exactly. “Asylum” was the most nominated show that year even without any writing and directing nominations. “Freak Show” had 20 nominations and only had a directing nomination for Murphy. Btw, as I mentioned earlier critics are impressed with The Politician’s season finale so it can garner a writing nomination.

komiharu
    Participant
    Topics:

i can see the righteous gemstones&mrs.maisel dominating next year’s comedy section

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

what was Paulson in on WB? CW?

Jack & Jill on The WB.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

i can see the righteous gemstones & mrs.maisel dominating next year’s comedy section

Not in the final season of The Good Place. So Gemstones, cool your jets on the bench and 2021 may be your year.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Post Emmy Predictions

Outstanding Drama Series:

1. The Crown
    2. Big Little Lies
    3. The Morning Show
    4. Westworld
    5. The Handmaid’s Tale
    6. Stranger Things
    7. Killing Eve
    8. Succession

Lead Actress in a Drama Series:

1. Olivia Colman- The Crown
    2. Jennifer Aniston- The Morning Show
    3. Nicole Kidman- Big Little Lies
    4. Jodie Comer- Killing Eve
    5. Elisabeth Moss- The Handmaid’s Tale
    6. Sandra Oh- Killing Eve
    7. Reese Witherspoon- Big Little Lies

Lead Actor in a Drama Series:

1. Steve Carell- The Morning Show
    2. Jason Batemam- Ozark
    3. Tobias Menzies- The Crown
    4. Jeremy Strong- Succession
    5. Billy Porter- Pose
    6. Sterling K Brown- This is Us

Supporting Actress in a Drama Series:

1. Helena Bonham Carter- The Crown
    2. Meryl Streep- Big Little Lies
    3. Laura Dern- Big Little Lies
    4. Thandie Newton- Westworld
    5. Reese Witherspoon- The Morning Show
    6. Ann Dowd- The Handmaids Tale
    7. Shailene Woolley- Big Little Lies

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series:

1. Aaron Paul- Westworld
    2. Josh O’Connor- The Crown
    3. David Harbour- Stranger Things
    4. Adam Scott- Big Little Lies
    5. Kieran Culkin- Succession
    6. Bradley Whitford- The Handmaid’s Tale

Writing for a Drama Series:

1. The Crown
    2. Succession
    3. Big Little Lies
    4. Killing Eve
    5. The Handmaids Tale
    6. Stranger Things

Directing for a Drama Series:

1. The Crown
    2. Ozark
    3. The Handmaid’s Tale
    4. Big Little Lies
    5. Stranger Things
    6. Succession

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Run may be held for summer. It’s still shooting. I can see Curb Your Enthusiasm returning in time for next year Emmys. Better Call Saul probably will return around spring.

And Gemstones are not happeing.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

what was Paulson in on WB? CW?

Jack & Jill (WB)

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

With the way Comedy races are going, I hope ABC goes all out on Modern Family for it to get one final nomination.

furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

None of them deserves it anymore.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Silicon Valley, Schitt’s Creek, Modern Family, The Good Place, Will & Grace; surprised by the number of final seasons.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m gonna talk about lest bleeding actress in drama series because these days winners there are absolutely fabulous.

Predicted six:

Olivia Colman The Crown
    Jodie Comer Killing Eve
    Nicole Kidman Big Little Lies
    Sandra Oh Killing Eve
    Mj Rodriguez Pose
    Reese Witherspoon Big Little Lies

In contention:

Jennifer Connelly Snowpiercer
    Viola Davis How to Get Away with Murder
    Regina King The Watchmen
    Mandy Moore This Is Us
    Elisabeth Moss The Handmaid’s Tale
    Sarah Paulson Ratched
    Evan Rachel Wood Westworld

I’ve heard The Morning Show ain’t good. Poor people’s The Newsroom which as we already know was quite poor.

I do not know what intel do you have, but just like I told you that Garner was winning no matter what, I am telling you that Elisabeth Moss is the biggest rock on this category, the biggest one by a larger margin. No one has seen the new season of The Crown and of Killing Eve, we do not know what material the actresses are going to have. We already saw Moss and she blew the mind of everybody yet again, she has the status of a living legend, she is hired by respected directors like Ruben Östlund, Jordan Peele and Wes Anderson without doing casting. She is going to be the lead in the new Jane Campion film, she will star in another three female directors indie movies. All this thank to Mad Men, but mostly, to THT.

Just like Oh, Comer is uncertain, because we have not seen her new material. The other three – Kidman, Witherspoon and Rodriguez, well, Moss acted circles around their work in their second seasons in season 3 of THT.

Strahovski and Dowd are also returning. THT will have between 15 and 20 nominations like Luca said, I am also calling it now. One year earlier.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Seems like the Disney contract is going well.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

thatnerdgreg wrote:
    I don’t watch Handmaid’s Tale, so I’d appreciate if someone could answer this. I know the second season was widely seen as a sophomore slump. What’s the general consensus on the third season? Is it seen as a return to form? Just trying to figure out how it’ll do this upcoming year.

While talking about Handmaid’s Tale, I’ve said before that I think Big Little Lies (I don’t watch it either so this based off of word of mouth) will likely go down the path of Handmaid’s Tale’s second season. Being seen as a sophomore slump for a show that won big it’s first year, it’ll likely do well in nominations (at least when it comes to actors), but it’s not gonna win anything at the main ceremony.

None of the seasons has reached the level of season one, however the last season was its worst. Except one episode, nothing worthy of discussion.

Boss, you are entitled to have your personal opinion, but when someone genuinely asks you, you should be more objective. The season has MOSTLY positive reviews. The last three episodes and the first 6 episodes received raves, especially the last three. The middle episodes were divisive, but even the most hated one “Heroic” has a A LOT of defenders, me included. The actors have been praised even more than before. Same with cinematography, editing and directing. Deniz Gamze Ergüven (Oscar and BAFTA nominee, Cannes winner) for “Liars”, Dearbhla Walsh for “Household” (this one can win visual effects and supporting visual effects) and Mike Barker for “Mayday” may all be nominated in Directing.

Big Little Lies, The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, Stranger Things, Succession, Westworld….then one new show so I don’t think Killing Eve, Ozark, Pose, Better Call Saul and This Is Us are coming back.

If This is us and Better Call Saul maintain the same quality, they are rocks and are going to be much stronger than Big Little Lies. Ozark and Killing Eve needs to get better to get in Drama, but the actors are rocks. Pose second season was uneven, it really needs to be embraced by the rest of award and guilds to maintain strength.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

The Academy clearly has a huge hard-on for Ozark, so I don’t see it dropping it anytime soon from Drama Series. I also do think BCS is safer than BLL next year, mostly because how early BLL aired (..Sharp Objects anyone?)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.