Home Forums Television Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 499 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
Jays
  • Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

I disagree, it is the next “cool show” and Fleabag showed how important that was this year.

Y’all ain’t ready for the Levys to sweep next year.

I don’t think it’ll take series (Maisel will be too big of a juggernaut), but I think that O’Hara is winning, and I think that Daniel Levy will play his cards just right to win. He and Eugene Levy co-created the show together, and creators who star in their own shows have done very well. Donald Glover and PWB were much more the faces of their respective shows than Levy, but Daniel Levy is still writing several episodes each season, and if he plays that aspect up, voters may feel like they’ll have to vote for him if they want to award the series. Granted, though, they may also feel that they’re doing enough to award the show by giving O’Hara her win (and it will be an uphill battle to shift the focus of the public away from O’Hara to Levy, something Glover and Waller-Bridge didn’t have to deal with because their co-stars weren’t as big and they weren’t supporting characters in their own shows).

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

In this interview from October 4th, Henry Winkler mentions they start filming in March: https://youtu.be/C3x2-lvLQ0A?t=81

Hallelujah, it’ll miss next year’s Emmys.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Schitt’s Creek will one-up The Americans and will win the series award too.

Not a forking prayer.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Schitt’s Creek will one-up The Americans and will win the series award too.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Predicted Wins

• Drama Series- The Crown
    • Drama Actress- Olivia Colman
    • Drama Actor- Jeremy Strong
    • Drama Sup Actress- Helena Bonham Carter
    • Drama Sup Actor- Josh O’Connor
    • Drama Writing- Succession
    • Drama Directing- The Crown
    • Comedy Series- Schitts Creek
    • Comedy Actress- Catherine O’Hara
    • Comedy Actor- Ted Danson
    • Comedy Sup Actress- Alex Borstein
    • Comedy Sup Actor- Dan Levy
    • Comedy Writing- The Good Place
    • Comedy Directing- The Marvelous Mrs Maisel

FYC Golden Globes- Fleabag, The Crown, Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston

FYC Oscars- Maggie Smith, Charlize Theron, Brad Pitt, Adam Driver

FYC Emmys- Schitts Creek, The Crown, Years and Years

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I would be so disappointed if The Crown swept. Thankfully, given the past two years where the academy spread the wealth in the drama categories, it probably won’t happen. I see The Crown, Succession and Big Little Lies at the very least all walking home with something from the main ceremony; Handmaid’s will probably only win a guest acting Emmy. It’s not that I don’t love The Crown, but it’s starting to (IMO) reach that overhype level, and I so don’t want that to happen because it’ll lessen my love for the show. Plus, the drama races will be WAY too stacked next year for a show to sweep – what a disappointment that’d be.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

In this interview from October 4th, Henry Winkler mentions they start filming in March: https://youtu.be/C3x2-lvLQ0A?t=81

Production starts this December.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

The Crown and Succession splitting the entire drama awards between them would be perfect but that seems like wishful thinking at this point. The Crown is still my predicted winner right now but the kind of sweeps people are expecting it to achieve give me pause.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

The Crown and Succession splitting the entire drama awards between them would be perfect but that seems like wishful thinking at this point. The Crown is still my predicted winner at this point but the kind of sweeps people are expecting it to achieve give me pause.

I’m saying Crown wins Series, Actress and Directing. Dern and Streep vote split and HBC pulls through and wins, though it’ll be tough to predict if Streep ends up being the only SAG-nominated supporting actress. I’m personally on the verge of predicting Helena too for SAG. Writing will be a close one between Succession and Crown. Actor and Supporting Actor: Actor, I have no clue. I’m not caught up with all the new seasons. Is Cox like undeniable or just good? Though it’d be weird if Succession won an acting award for S2 when it didn’t even get guest acting noms for S1. Menzies, hmm, is he gonna be really that lead? Maybe Rami Malek lol? Supporting Actor, I personally don’t see a frontrunner. This seems like it could be a Julia Garner year for O’Connor. I don’t believe there’s goodwill towards Harbour, I’ve never found him win worthy on ST and the show will have aired like 12 centuries before until noms voting period. It depends on the other nominees. If it’s Fiennes, Whitford and Banks, then I could see O’Connor winning too, maybe a Westworld actor instead?

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m saying Crown wins Series, Actress and Directing. Dern and Streep vote split and HBC pulls through and wins, though it’ll be tough to predict if Streep ends up being the only SAG-nominated supporting actress. I’m personally on the verge of predicting Helena too for SAG. Writing will be a close one between Succession and Crown. Actor and Supporting Actor: Actor, I have no clue. I’m not caught up with all the new seasons. Is Cox like undeniable or just good? Though it’d be weird if Succession won an acting award for S2 when it didn’t even get guest acting noms for S1. Menzies, hmm, is he gonna be really that lead? Maybe Rami Malek lol? Supporting Actor, I personally don’t see a frontrunner. This seems like it could be a Julia Garner year for O’Connor. I don’t believe there’s goodwill towards Harbour, I’ve never found him win worthy on ST and the show will have aired like 12 centuries before until noms voting period. It depends on the other nominees. If it’s Fiennes, Whitford and Banks, then I could see O’Connor winning too, maybe a Westworld actor instead?

You should watch Succession, you will realise how “not- easy” it will be for The Crown to just start sweeping. Cox is amazing, as is Strong. Right now Succession is my frontrunner for Series.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Little Fires Everywhere – March 2020

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

You should watch Succession, you will realise how “not- easy” it will be for The Crown to just start sweeping. Cox is amazing, as is Strong. Right now Succession is my frontrunner for Series.

If both Cox and Strong get in, won’t they likely vote split? Anyway, good to hear, another exciting race.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

There is too much over confidence about Succession. It will likely stay a writers show and that’s it.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

There is too much over confidence about Succession. It will likely stay a writers show and that’s it.

Where I see too much confidence is in our SAG odds. A show that got zero acting nods at the Emmys isn’t an easy nomination for SAG ensemble. I really don’t get that logic.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m hesitant to predict in directing (as Adam McKay only helmed the pilot) and acting right now. That being said, if guilds embrace it like Ozark’s second season, which is possible, I can see it breaking through. Though, its best shot in terms of a win is writing. What The Crown has in advantage is both critical and audience buzz, I feel like Succession lacks the latter a bit.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.