Home Forums Television Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 425 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
11 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
boss
  • JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

Greg Daniels has created a show for Amazon. Do you think it will be contender?

Premise seems like an amalgamation of lots of similarly themes shows that have aired in recent years. Not one I’m particularly excited by. I do, however have faith in Daniels. I’m not sold on Amell and am unfamiliar with the female lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

I highly suggest everyone to watch season 2 of Castle Rock. It is way more better than s1. Lizzie Caplan is terrifying in a good way. Her performance definitely deserves some recognition.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a question about Succession. If I really didn’t like the pilot, which I watched last season, will I ever get into it? Have heard amazing things about season two but won’t bother if it really is one of those shows that you either like immediately or don’t at all.

I think you should continue. I was not a fan of it from the beginning, then I started to like it halfway through the season. I HATED it for the season finale, but the second season was spectacular and more consistent all around.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

It is going to rule the Limited Series races this winter,

I mean it’s not going to rule them, WTSU and chernobyl will still be the shows that clean up at these awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean it’s not going to rule them, WTSU and chernobyl will still be the shows that clean up at these awards.

Are they though? I mean I’m sure Chernobyl is not winning any SAG awards, WTSU has the Actor award on lock but the actress award is between Wever and Williams, no?

Globes are a tricky situation but again, WTSU gets lead actor, and for lead actress, it is once again between Wever and Williams, Chernobyl may get series though.

Even if it is not ruling them, which I still think it will due to the recency factor, it is up there in the top 3 at the very least.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Wever isn’t winning anything. Williams is fully sweeping, ridiculously easily.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

but the actress award is between Wever and Williams, no?

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Wever will be criminally unrewarded for her fantastic performance. Ms. Williams is going to sweep the winter awards. And once Cate Blanchett graces the screen with what I presume will be a louder, showier performance, that Emmy is probably hers to lose. Then there’s also Octavia Spencer, who will be phenomenal in “Truth Be Told.”

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    MandyRosefan
    Participant
    Topics:

Unbelievable’s success is really unbelievable. It is going to rule the Limited Series races this winter, we’ll see if the buzz holds until next year though.

Not Emmy related but pleasantly surprised to see Sex Education is doing so well in viewers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, Williams is sweeping and she honestly should. Wever’s performance is probably too subtle to win the Emmy (and she might face co-star competition), but I’m sure she’ll be nominated since she’s an Emmy darling. It’s also a little too premature to declare that Wever deserves the Emmy considering we haven’t seen anything else that’ll be competing alongside her next year, and that’s coming from someone who’s a huuuuge fan of her performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

but the actress award is between Wever and Williams, no?

No, it’s not between Williams and anyone, it’s just Williams. It’s gonna be an easy sweep at GG, CC and Sag. Chernobyl won’t win anything at sag, but it’ll likely win the globe and critics choice, plus tons of guild prizes as well. If it’s upset anywhere, it’s more likely to be WTSU than Unbelievable who wins instead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I really, really love Wever’s performance but Williams deserves a sweep and to be placed alongside Kidman, Paulson, and Moore amongst others for sweeping the limited actress races (she’s also probably the best of those four).

ReplyCopy URL
    puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

The Morning Show, See and For All Mankind will premiere with three episodes on November 1, then one new episode for both three will drop on every Friday. Dickinson however will release the whole season on November 1. All four of them are also renewed for season 2.

Here is the first review for the shows: https://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2019/10/23/Tuned-In-Apple-TV-launches-with-Jennifer-Aniston-Reese-Witherspoon-Jason-Momoa-and-space-race-drama-series/stories/201910230069

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  puck05.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  puck05.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

“David Makes Man” just got nominated for a Gotham. Haven’t heard of this show until now but it’s starting Phylicia Rashad, created / written by Tarell Alvin McCraney and produced by Michael B. Jordan and Oprah.

Has anyone watched this? If so, is it any good because it sounds right up my alley.

ReplyCopy URL
    JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

“David Makes Man” just got nominated for a Gotham. Haven’t heard of this show until now but it’s starting Phylicia Rashad, created / written by Tarell Alvin McCraney and produced by Michael B. Jordan and Oprah. Has anyone watched this? If so, is it any good because it sounds right up my alley.

Some users here love it (I think it has its own thread, if you search) and upon reading their positive comments I tried watching, but I could not get into it. The acting was solid but it was all very conceptual to me. I think I’m in the minority of those who have viewed, though.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 425 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.