Home Forums Television Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
Jays
  • kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

Whoops, I accidentally hit the Ignore button.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, I completely agree with your statement. However, Watchmen, for the moment, is failing to really connect with audiences and to be apart of the zeitgeist. And The Crown still has to premiere and to be watched by everyone. There are many justy good reviews, many reviews that say that HBN is very inferior to Kirby. Succession and This is us S4 are the two best dramas on TV for this TV circle at this time. I am also loving Mr. Robot S4 and it has great reviews and an amazing fandom reception just like S3, but it will be as ignored as that season was.

I haven’t seen single review that says HBC is inferior to Kirby. And i have read A LOT of them. Basically all of them are acclaiming her and saying she seems to be playing the role for years. And about being underutilized i have only seen one guy on twitter saying that. I have seen, however, many reviewers saying that Tobias Menzies is a much better Prince Philip than Matt Smith.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I am also loving Mr. Robot S4 and it has great reviews and an amazing fandom reception just like S3, but it will be as ignored as that season was.

I hear a lot of good stuff for S4. Is Malek still Emmy-worthy? Maybe he could return at SAG or/and Emmys.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

many reviews that say that HBN is very inferior to Kirby.

I’ve gone through every review curated by Rotten Tomatoes so far and none had a negative thing to say about Bonham Carter. All are raves. The only mixed one is from NOW Magazine which says she is as fun as Kirby but less charming. The twitter reactions were equally favourable as the rest.

Her being underutilised is from a single reviewer from what I gathered, which is already countered by this statement from Radio Times:

Season three also gives a lot of time to Princess Margaret, which is a wise decision.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Tobias Menzies is a much better Prince Philip than Matt Smith.

That seems to be the consensus and I’m very glad because Smith was easily the weakest link in that brilliant cast. His performance always verged on being caricaturish and I felt his performance only skimmed the surface at best.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg, the Matt Smith dragging lol. I’ve never seen the show. I’ve only seen “Beryl” and scenes here and there of Foy. I always felt like there were people saying he was ignored for his work in the show, not that he was bad. But it’s still extremely hard to believe that any of the 3 leads grew up to look like the new 3 lead starring cast members lol.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

Matt Smith scenes bored me but I’m not sure if it’s because of him or his character is not interesting to me lol.

Couverture
    Participant
    Topics:

Most people liked him actually but I never cared for his performance, much like Mukund. It’s a mildly unpopular opinion I guess. He was outshined by Foy and Kirby though and everyone agrees about that.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

wow I really loved Matt Smith’s performance and I wasn’t aware ya’ll disliked it so much in here. This site is always so weird about everything lol. The reports saying Menzies is better than Smith have me really excited for Tobias because it means he’ll top the already brilliant performance given by Matt.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Matt Smith definitely didn’t deserve any awards attention. What I’m interested in is why Menzies is being submitted in lead and not supporting. I understand that the role has been expanded, but I’m wondering whether he genuinely feels like a lead, or whether they just want to prevent vote splitting with O’Connor and hope the strength of Menzies’ performance gets him recognition.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sure he goes lead so they’ll be able to freely push O’Connor, just like with Smith in his first season where he’d no one to vote split with. They just want to increase their awards chances.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

Isn’t O’Connor only in half of the season anyway? I read that somewhere.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

What are we seeing as the frontrunners for the comedy acting categories next year? Because unless any new shows break into the mix, it doesn’t seem like we have any idea of who’s in the lead. In lead actress, I could see Catherine O’Hara picking it up, unless they decide to go with what they’re comfortable with and give Brosnahan trophy #2. Can Ben Platt overcome the mixed critical reception for The Politician, or could we see a Ted Danson win? Assuming Borstein doesn’t pick up Emmy #3 in supporting actress (but she very well could), who else has the strength to overcome? And if Shalhoub doesn’t repeat, could Daniel Levy ride the Schitt’s success to a trophy? I’m really curious to hear your guys’ thoughts on the barren state of comedy next year.

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

I’m really curious to hear your guys’ thoughts on the barren state of comedy next year.

O’Hara is snatching Lead Actress and Dan is coming for Supporting Actor and Writing.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

wow I really loved Matt Smith’s performance and I wasn’t aware ya’ll disliked it so much in here. This site is always so weird about everything lol. The reports saying Menzies is better than Smith have me really excited for Tobias because it means he’ll top the already brilliant performance given by Matt.

Matt Smith is a good actor but got a bit of the short end of the stick because Morgan’s writing for Philip is unbearable. Remember being annoyed by how s2 kept going back to him and his family when all I wanted was more QEII/Margaret.

Menzies is a great actor and seems like he has tempered the whiny side of the character (or it may be a result of the character becoming older/ mature) and delivered a more textured performance.

No idea if the male side of the race other than Succession has 2 candidates for each Lead and Supporting category. Menzies may end up in Supporting with O’Connor if Lead is too competitive.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  musterd.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  musterd.
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.