Home Forums Television Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
Jays
  • mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Snook isn’t happening.

You really don’t think Snook can finish 8th, 2 percentage points off of 6th place? Because that’s all she requires for a nomination and that’s what happened in multiple categories this year. Succession has die hard industry fans who will check off her name regardless of what category she is submitted in.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Snook isn’t happening.

PLEASE lower your voice.

Also, for the record, if Succession performs at the top of its game she can easily be checked off. Think Fleabag, going into nominations there wasn’t even consensus it could get into series and it got Clifford in. I’m not predicting Snook and I won’t unless she hits a precursor but she is absolutely in the realm of possibility.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

You really don’t think Snook can finish 8th, 2 percentage points off of 6th place? Because that’s all she requires for a nomination and that’s what happened in multiple categories this year. Succession has die hard industry fans who will check off her name regardless of what category she is submitted in.

Honestly no. Simply because I believe the love for Succession is overestimated and that it’s mainly a critics/writers show. Also it more a “male” show so it’s totally possible the female character is overlooked at award shows.

PLEASE lower your voice. Also, for the record, if Succession performs at the top of its game she can easily be checked off. Think Fleabag, going into nominations there wasn’t even consensus it could get into series and it got Clifford in. I’m not predicting Snook and I won’t unless she hits a precursor but she is absolutely in the realm of possibility.

Ive said this is already, but I don’t think Fleabag and Succession can be compared at all. Fleabag got released in May. Nothing indicates us it would have performed this well if it had been released the summer before Emmys, just like Succession (it’s true nothing indicates it wouldn’t have either). Succession will most likely return in late summer again and not during the period the nominations are made, so it’s totally possible some performers, such as Snook are not considered priorities or aren’t in voters’ minds in June. And that’s what I’m predicting. Unless she surprisingly gets in at the globes and in multiple award shows this winter, she is, imo, not happening. And I love her btw, she is by far my fav in succession.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

I mostly agree with you and have also disputed the Fleabag-Succession comparison but I’m still holding onto the small chance Snook has, mainly because she’s just a revelation in the role.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Snook isn’t happening.

This is too bold from someone that is predicting Aniston.

And many of you predicting Kidman and Witherspoon together as if the second season had the acclaim/buzz of the first and is if they are not in a 100 times more stacked category, great logic.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

This is too bold from someone that is predicting Aniston.

Lmao I guess that’s true.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

I really think Aniston can get in. The noms will most likely be

1. Olivia Colman
    2. Nicole Kidman
    3. Jodie Comer
    4. Jennifer Aniston
    5. Sandra Oh
    6. Evan Rachel Wood
    7. Reese Witherspoon

There might be 7 noms due to tight category. Moss and Davis could be fighting for 8th and also Snook could get in but i don’t see it happening. She is great, but i think she will be overlooked unfortunately.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Colman, Moss, Kidman, Comer & Oh are all safe.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Succession is being waaay too overestimated in the acting categories. I mean, it got zero nods for S1 when the competition was rather slight. I know S2 is much buzzier, but I agree that it’s mainly a critical and Twitter darling. It has some mainstream appeal, but not enough IMO for it to nab a handful of acting noms. But let’s see what happens at SAG first.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

While her category definitely looks more competitive than Cox, Strong, Culkin, and Macfadyen’s, unlike them Snook won’t have to worry about vote splitting in the nomination process, so I could imagine a lot of Succession fans giving her their number 1 spots to get her into the lineup. Also, I disagree that Succession can’t break into the acting categories, because we’ve seen more than a few passion nominees and winner recently, so I don’t know why we shouldn’t expect that to happen here.

Since I’m talking about Succession, I’m currently halfway through season 2 and absolutely loving it. I hope HBO gives this a good push cause it certainly deserves it. I’m not sure about the other categories, but I figure Succession has a very strong shot of winning writing again. If it could pull of that upset this year, I don’t see why it won’t repeat for a clearly superior season. The five actors I mentioned above all are outstanding and definitely worthy of nominations. If you tried watching season 1 but couldn’t quite get into it, I suggest continuing. It definitely got better as it went on (that’s not to say I thought it wasn’t really good when it started), and season 2 feels like it improves the show once every way.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Strong, Cox and Culkin have great shots at getting noms. I could see Strong even winning but… there could be vote splitting between him and Cox.

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

For Stranger Things….

Is anyone in the lead categories or are all the cast submitted for supporting? And…

Could it be dangerous to push David and Finn for lead actor and Winona and Millie for lead actress? Honestly, even with an ensemble, those four are undoubtedly the leads. I think David would still get in regardless, and it could help Dacre get in for Supporting. (Millie is another story, though).

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

For Stranger Things…. Is anyone in the lead categories or are all the cast submitted for supporting? And… Could it be dangerous to push David and Finn for lead actor and Winona and Millie for lead actress? Honestly, even with an ensemble, those four are undoubtedly the leads. I think David would still get in regardless, and it could help Dacre get in for Supporting. (Millie is another story, though).

If I remember correctly, I think that Ryder submitted in lead for the second season after she was snubbed in supporting for the first. Somebody correct me if I”m wrong about that. I’m pretty sure if she got nominated for the first season then she would’ve submitted in supporting for the second. If they did what you say regarding those actors’ placement, Harbour is the only one who I think could get in lead, but he has a better shot in supporting, and he might even win there, so they won’t chance it. Removing Harbour from supporting would help Montgomery, but I still don’t think he’d make it. As of now, Harbour is the only actor who I’m expecting to make it in this year. Brown is a possibility, but her category is looking very crowded, and I don’t think its gonna happen. If I’m correct and Ryder was submitted in lead last time, then she’ll definitely not make it in. If she goes supporting, she’s still very unlikely. If she couldn’t get nominated for the first year of Stranger Things, I don’t think she’ll ever get nominated.

Miossid
    Participant
    Topics:

If she couldn’t get nominated for the first year of Stranger Things, I don’t think she’ll ever get nominated.

The first season was the only one in which she was deserving of a nomination anyway.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

The first season was the only one in which she was deserving of a nomination anyway.

Not at all, her best season is the third and this is pretty much what the majority thinks, she will be nominated.

Olivia Colman
    Nicole Kidman
    Jodie Comer
    Jennifer Aniston
    Sandra Oh
    Evan Rachel Wood
    Reese Witherspoon

I would genuinely like to hear your actual arguments about Aniston and Witherspoon being in front of Moss, Davis, Moore, Linney, Dannes, Snook and King? Aniston is untested for Drama, for this role and Apple is untested too. Witherspoon had a worst second season, is untested in the Drama field and has never won anything for this role. The Morning Show will NEVER be nominated for Drama, Big Little Lies can be nominated, but it is not a lock and it will never win. So from where do you get this certainty?

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.