Home Forums Television Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 498 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
Jays
  • Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Because she’s thirsty of the Emmy nod.

How would that make her thirsty for an Emmy nomination when her chances in lead are pretty much nonexistent lmao. Also, of all people, Ryder seems like the type to not give a shit about awards.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

Where did you see this?

In his interview to Deadline about AHS 1984 finale.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe not her, but the people responsible for awards placements. They saw she didn’t get in as supporting, so they tested lead since she did get a GG nod for lead back for S1. They’re trying to maximize her chances by avoiding vote-splitting with MBB and the other female stars of the show.

If we’re talking about maximizing chances with awards then we should be talking about MBB being campaigned supporting all these years lol.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Moore was a one-time thing. She got in this year due to weaker competition. I’m also thinking the Big Little Lies and Killing Eve duos might not get double nominations.

She was not. And Ventimiglia is not going anywhere neither, he might be dropped in supporting and Justin Hardly might go lead, byt Ventimiglia, Brown and Moore are not going to be dropped. This is us is going to win best ensemble at SAG for the third time and they are going to be reinforced. Moore is the clear Lead this season, she has two/three roles in every episode now.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

She was not. And Ventimiglia is not going anywhere neither, he might be dropped in supporting and Justin Hardly might go lead, byt Ventimiglia, Brown and Moore are not going to be dropped. This is us is going to win best ensemble at SAG for the third time and they are going to be reinforced. Moore is the clear Lead this season, she has two/three roles in every episode now.

I’m not ready to say Moore will be nominated again, but I do think she’s very much in the running. As weak as Drama was last year, Drama actress really wasn’t that weak lol. It’s not like Moore was expected to be nominated.

The acting branch seems to still looooove This Is Us, and with the material Moore will likely get going forward – she’ll have a bunch of chances to show off. And yeah, are people finally going to stop doubting Milo? He’s in till the show is done, imo.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

And Moore was probably closer to be nominated in 2018 than we thought she was.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Brayden list is very similar to mine and is pretty accurate. I agree with Mukund, the pairings are not obligatory, sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. The definite list based on what have we SEEN/READ so far:

1. Elisabeth Moss
    2. Olivia Colman
    3. Nicole Kidman

HUGE MARGIN

4. Jodie Comer (if we assume that her new season will be as good as the previous two)
    5. Mandy Moore (if we assume that her second half of the season keeps being that good and probably even better than the first half)
    6. Sandra Oh (if we assume that her new season will be as good as the previous two)
    7. Evan Rachel Wood (if we assume that her new season will be as good as the previous two)
    8. Laura Linney (if we assume that her new season will be as good as the second season)
    9. Viola Davis (good material, but lack of prestige for her show)
    10. Reese Witherspoon (divisive second season and minor storyline in comparison to her first season, competition with herself for other shows, eclipsed by Kidman)
    11. Sarah Snook (I have yet to see the second season, but I wouldn’t have nominated her as Lead for the first, she must be seen as unanimous MVP and as Lead in S2 to achieve that, and from what I am reading, only Brian Cox is seen like that)
    12. Claire Danes (only if she has a mind-blowing final season)
    13. Jennifer Aniston (only if Ginnala is correct and The Morning Shows turns out to be a surprising hit between the industry just like Ozark)
    14. Zendaya (only if Leonardo DiCaprio manages to convince the rest of the Industry to watch her show)
    15. Regina King (only if the first seasons explodes in quality and buzz in a huge way becoming a pop culture phenomenon)

HUGE MARGIN

only in a case of a miracle as big as Elsa magic in Frozen

16. MJ Rodriguez
    17. Taraji P. Henson
    18. Dafne Keen
    19. Christine Baranski
    20. Elisabeth Olsen

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Actress indeed had a weaker competition last year. Apart from Roberts being snubbed, Gold Derby’s overall odds had Baranski sixth and Rodriguez eight, which says a lot.

I never said anything about Ventimiglia’s or the show’s chances at next year’s Emmys, so I don’t see how you just countered my opinion with a simple “She was not”. I also didn’t mention SAG, which hardly correlates with the Emmys.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Since everyone seems to be doing it, here’s my take on Drama Actress as of right now:

Locks – Olivia Colman, Nicole Kidman, and Elisabeth Moss

Near locks – Jodie Comer (just needs to continue to have great material and for the season to be acclaimed)

In the hunt – Reese Witherspoon (big star, producer, got in for the first season, Emmy’s love the show, possible name check), Sandra Oh (Emmy’s love her even if they’ve never given her a win), Jennifer Aniston (huge star, in a show the industry will probably love, has been everywhere recently, will most likely campaign for it, Globes could get her started), Mandy Moore (acting branch loves the show, fresh of her first nomination, might have her most baity material since season 2), Evan Rachel Wood (has always gotten in, could see a scenario where she misses if the season disappoints), and Laura Linney (Emmy darling in a show the Emmy’s seem to like, fresh off a nomination, show could premiere closer to the voting deadline, Bateman(?) said she’ll have baity material)

On the outside, could surprise, wouldn’t count them out – Viola Davis (last season so maybe a farewell nomination but could easily see her missing to contenders in stronger shows considering she’s missed in this category before when it was competitive, Sarah Snook (show will most likely be really strong, but will it be strong enough to carry her to a nomination, will probably know more after the winter awards/guilds run)

Long shots – Claire Danes (they seem to be done with the show, but a farewell nomination is possible), Regina King (the Emmy’s love her but I don’t think she makes a splash for this type of show in a year that’s likely competitive)

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

The reason I think Aniston will get in is that she has been campaigning her ass off to everyone and she is a huge movie star that alot of people like.  she has won an Emmy before so that may help (idk) also it is a show the industry likes but critics hate. Having mediocre reviews doesn’t  mean anything.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I think what helped Ozark get industry support with its weaker reviews is because it’s similar to Breaking Bad though The Morning Show isn’t.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I never said anything about Ventimiglia’s or the show’s chances at next year’s Emmys, so I don’t see how you just countered my opinion with a simple “She was not”. I also didn’t mention SAG, which hardly correlates with the Emmys.

Apologies for the assumption, but for me, if you do not underestimate the show, it has zero logic to underestimate only Moore.

SAG often correlates with Emmys, especially the ensembles winners, we can see what actors love and watch. And not only that, I predicted Julia Garner as the correct winner and never doubted in her precisely because of that surprising SAG nom.

Drama Actress indeed had a weaker competition last year. Apart from Roberts being snubbed, Gold Derby’s overall odds had Baranski sixth and Rodriguez eight, which says a lot.

It was not that weak. I was one of a few to predicted correctly the nomination of Mandy Moore… And no, she did not needed a weak year to enter, she didn’t had the material to earn a nom. in Lead for S1. For S2 she had a disadvantage versus Moss, Foy, Wood, Russell and Maslany, so the only one that really beat her was a respected veteran with the hottest new show – Sandra Oh.

he reason I think Aniston will get in is that she has been campaigning her ass off to everyone and she is a huge movie star that alot of people like.  she has won an Emmy before so that may help (idk) also it is a show the industry likes but critics hate. Having mediocre reviews doesn’t  mean anything.

-You are mistaking the Emmys with the Globes. Here no one has won based on a campaign.
    -We do NOT KNOW if the industry likes it yet.
    -It mean a lot at the Emmys, you cannot always give Ozark as an exception.

AstridDante
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there a place for Rami to get nominated in Emmys 2020 for Mr Robot or will they be inclined not to do as he got plenty of award love recently

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that there’s room for him, but I don’t think he’ll end up making it in. They just don’t really seem to be watching Mr. Robot anymore, and I don’t think he has quite enough power to be a namecheck on the level of Viola or Regina just yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.