Home Forums Television Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 424 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
29 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
boss
  • Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d like to think the Emmys have matured so we don’t have to deal with another McKinnon win. I guess we’ll see next year if the award goes to the best performance, or the best mugging as a cabinet member.

If we want to hate on Baldwin, fine, the Trump is annoying, but McKinnon deserved recognition for her SNL dominance those two years, and honestly her Warren is better than her Clinton so I bet she’d be deserving again this year especially with the Comedy side significantly weaker than it was last year. However, Gilpin needs to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

If we want to hate on Baldwin, fine, the Trump is annoying, but McKinnon deserved recognition for her SNL dominance those two years, and honestly her Warren is better than her Clinton so I bet she’d be deserving again this year especially with the Comedy side significantly weaker than it was last year. However, Gilpin needs to win.

Her Warren is solid, I just don’t care for her many performances as members of Trump’s cabinet. It felt like they all got worse over time. McKinnon is clearly very talented, but I feel like the show overuses her, and that might’ve affected some of her performances, cause I thought her work was more consistently good a few years ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

Isn’t she lead

I would place her in supporting

but she can also easily submit to lead if she thinks she has more chances in that field.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

“Netflix also is reporting solid viewing for UNBELIEVABLE, which it says was seen in 32M member homes within its first month on the service”

Let’s hope it makes them push it for awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

“Netflix also is reporting solid viewing for UNBELIEVABLE, which it says was seen in 32M member homes within its first month on the service” Let’s hope it makes them push it for awards.

They BETTER push this. And I don’t care if keep repeating myself.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know why some of you are worried Netflix won’t push Unbelievable lol. It’s exactly the type of show that would get a big push – timely, great reviews, great performances, big names. If you’re going off if Hill House, that’s a completely different show and shows in that genre don’t usually, even if they should, get a big awards push.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know why some of you are worried Netflix won’t push Unbelievable lol. It’s exactly the type of show that would get a big push – timely, great reviews, great performances, big names. If you’re going off if Hill House, that’s a completely different show and shows in that genre don’t usually, even if they should, get a big awards push.

Because it got released really early and they will have other limited series to push (Hollywood for example which is getting the nice May release date).

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I agree with ginnala. The minute they have a flashier, buzzier show, they will probably forget about this one, which would be such a mistake. The way they treated Hill House is an utter disgrace; there was no episode in the 2018/19 cycle besides maybe “The Bells” and “The Long Night” that was equal to Mike Flanagan’s unimpeachable directorial achievement in “Two Storms” (and “The Bent-Neck Lady” for that matter). Hill House was full of surprises, so deep, so well-paced and thought out, yet it didn’t get a push from Netflix in any way at all. And you know what, I was very disappointed in some outlets as well that could have helped drive the narrative for that show but didn’t; when something isn’t considered an “awards contender” anymore, people pretend like it doesn’t exist – it completely dropped. And my 3 spotlights weren’t obvs enough either. I will be so, so upset if “Unbelievable” follows that same trajectory. We already know that Netflix will push WTSU for the winter awards, which I guess is very understandable, though I’d argue that Unbelievable is a much better show (coming from someone who’s sung WTSU’s praises).

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to mention that Hill House was submitted as a drama prior to Emmys. If it was competing in limited series it would have a better guilds run and Netflix would be confident to push it. If Unbelievable does great this year, it will for sure be campaigned.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Limited series is ridiculously stack next year, unless we get 6/7 nominees we are bound to see big snubs.

Right now I’m thinking

Hollywood
    Mrs America
    Unbelievable
    Truth Be Told
    The Undoing

I guess Little Fires Everywhere could follow The Act’s footsteps and be nominated in lead and supporting actress (as well as being competitive for the win in both categories) but misses series.

And lead actress could be something like

Cate Blanchett
    Nicole Kidman
    Kerry Washington
    Reese Witherspoon
    Octavia Spencer
    Merritt Wever

You know this category will cause drama here lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with ginnala. The minute they have a flashier, buzzier show, they will probably forget about this one, which would be such a mistake. The way they treated Hill House is an utter disgrace; there was no episode in the 2018/19 cycle besides maybe “The Bells” and “The Long Night” that was equal to Mike Flanagan’s unimpeachable directorial achievement in “Two Storms” (and “The Bent-Neck Lady” for that matter). Hill House was full of surprises, so deep, so well-paced and thought out, yet it didn’t get a push from Netflix in any way at all. And you know what, I was very disappointed in some outlets as well that could have helped drive the narrative for that show but didn’t; when something isn’t considered an “awards contender” anymore, people pretend like it doesn’t exist – it completely dropped. And my 3 spotlights weren’t obvs enough either. I will be so, so upset if “Unbelievable” follows that same trajectory. We already know that Netflix will push WTSU for the winter awards, which I guess is very understandable, though I’d argue that Unbelievable is a much better show (coming from someone who’s sung WTSU’s praises).

If it has a good guild’s run prior to the Emmy’s and a solid showing at the Globes, it should be fine.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Limited series is ridiculously stack next year, unless we get 6/7 nominees we are bound to see big snubs. Right now I’m thinking Hollywood Mrs America Unbelievable Truth Be Told The Undoing I guess Little Fires Everywhere could follow The Act’s footsteps and be nominated in lead and supporting actress (as well as being competitive for the win in both categories) but misses series. And lead actress could be something like Cate Blanchett Nicole Kidman Kerry Washington Reese Witherspoon Octavia Spencer Merritt Wever You know this category will cause drama here lol.

And we thought this year was stacked… the Emmys will be INSANE next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Another key difference between Unbelievable and Hill House is the former will (hopefully) make a dent in the winter awards, whereas after the latter was universally snubbed throughout the winter (understandably after no push) it was essentially hopeless.

ReplyCopy URL
    puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

After the success of Unbelievable, Netflix is now considering to turn the show into an anthology.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/unbelievable-anthology-franchise-netflix-cbs-tv-studios-following-limited-series-success-1202762133/

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

After the success of Unbelievable, Netflix is now considering to turn the show into an anthology. https://deadline.com/2019/10/unbelievable-anthology-franchise-netflix-cbs-tv-studios-following-limited-series-success-1202762133/

Hmm. I’m kind of missing those days where a limited series was just a limited series. I mean, the anthology format would definitely be appropriate here, but how are they going to top this first installment? I don’t know how they’d find another duo that has as much chemistry as Wever and Collette did.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 424 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.