Home Forums Television Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

Super Early Emmys 2020 Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 448 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
boss
  • Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I always feel like Milo (and Sterling) is always at least in the top 3 so i’m always confused when people predict a complete snub for him. It will be very interesting in 2020 though because we’ll have two contenders from Westworld, two from This Is Us and two from Succession. Now Succession hasn’t scored any acting Emmy nomination but I feel like if it were to do so, it would first and foremost be in this category. Then there’s current winner Billy Porter, SAG winner Jason Bateman, The Crown’s Tobias Menzies, always- nominated Bob Odenkirk, newbie Steve Carrel and even recent Oscar winner Rami Malek. TWELVE viable contenders so this should be a very exciting race! Malek is 100% not happening though, let’s be real.

Exactly. Actors clearly love This Is Us (two time SAG ensemble winner), and it’s never felt like Milo has just gotten in.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTOR

1. Josh O’Connor – The Crown
    2. Bradley Whitford – The Handmaid’s Tale
    3. David Harbour – Stranger Things
    4. Aaron Paul – Westworld
    5. Adam Scott – Big Little Lies
    6. Kieran Culkin – Succession

Next in Line : Joseph Fiennes, Jonathan Banks, Dacre Montgomery, Mandy Patinkin, Matthew MacFadyen, Jeremy Irons, Ben Daniels, Billy Crudup, Chris Sullivan

If Better Call Saul comes out in time for this season, I’m pretty sure Jonathon Banks is getting in again. I think his season 3 nomination can be seen as evidence that he’s never going to be dropped. He had a greatly reduced role that year (to the point that he was completely absent in both the finale and Chicanery; widely regarded as the best episode of the season, and quite possibly the entire series) and seemingly everyone but the Emmys to agree that his co-star Michael McKean gave a vastly superior performance that year. Despite this, Banks was nominated, and McKean wasn’t. I love Bank’s work on Better Call Saul, and I believe that he was robbed of a win for the first season, but I won’t deny that he shouldn’t have been nominated that year. So if he can get in for season 3, I find it very unlikely that he’ll miss out for the next season.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s simply because voters are not watching Better Call Saul and it is, has always been and will always be a filler. They are just nominating actors that were present in breaking bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miossid
    Participant
    Topics:

I always feel like Milo (and Sterling) is always at least in the top 3 so i’m always confused when people predict a complete snub for him. It will be very interesting in 2020 though because we’ll have two contenders from Westworld, two from This Is Us and two from Succession. Now Succession hasn’t scored any acting Emmy nomination but I feel like if it were to do so, it would first and foremost be in this category. Then there’s current winner Billy Porter, SAG winner Jason Bateman, The Crown’s Tobias Menzies, always- nominated Bob Odenkirk, newbie Steve Carrel and even recent Oscar winner Rami Malek. TWELVE viable contenders so this should be a very exciting race! Malek is 100% not happening though, let’s be real.

Based on the trailer, doesn’t it seem like Menzies is gonna go supporting? He barely appeared in it. Besides, that’s the category Matt Smith submitted himself in for the same role, it would be fitting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Based on the trailer, doesn’t it seem like Menzies is gonna go supporting? He barely appeared in it. Besides, that’s the category Matt Smith submitted himself in for the same role, it would be fitting.

It’s just a trailer. I don’t think it means much for Menzies. Matt Smith actually submitted in Lead during the first season, if I remember correctly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Milo Ventimiglia but I wonder how he can keep his lead slot considering he’s having less and less presence on the show…after Vietnam arc Jack story looks over. That’s why I wanted him to win for season 2 or 3

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Milo Ventimiglia but I wonder how he can keep his lead slot considering he’s having less and less presence on the show…after Vietnam arc Jack story looks over. That’s why I wanted him to win for season 2 or 3

Yeah this is a bit concerning. I wonder how much they can squeeze into his storyline which will now probably end at pre-teen era Big Three. But then again, they’ve went even further into the past (courtship with Rebecca) so I guess that covers the absence of Jack during the late teenage years of his kids.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Milo shouldn’t be on the show anymore. His scenes and storylines feel forced. But he is still the best part of the show with Mandy Moore.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I think they’ll keep him in lead as long as he gets nominated and if he is dropped in lead, they’ll submit him in supporting the following year.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Julia Garner is in talk to topline the first Shonda Rhimes show on Netflix. It probably won’t even premiere in 2020 but I thought I would post the news here.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Julia Garner is in talk to topline the first Shonda Rhimes show on Netflix. It probably won’t even premiere in 2020 but I thought I would post the news here.

This is a combo I didn’t know I needed until now.

ReplyCopy URL
    JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

This is a combo I didn’t know I needed until now.

Especially for that role – Julia would be perfectly cast.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

She would killlll a role like this, wow.

ReplyCopy URL
    puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2019/10/foundation-lee-pace-jared-harris-cast-star-in-apple-series-based-on-isaac-asimovs-sci-fi-classic-1202765708/
    I wrote an essay about this series back in high school, this is so exciting!! The premise is they send academically intelligent people to one side of the space and send socially intelligent people with telephatic powers to other side of space to protect humanity from extinction.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Updated Comedy Predictions (with Run, Russian Doll and Barry not making eligibility)

OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES

1. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (Amazon)
    2. The Good Place (NBC)
    3. Schitt’s Creek (Pop)
    4. Dead to Me (Netflix)
    5. The Politician (Netflix)
    6. On Becoming a God in Central Florida (Showtime)
    7. Will and Grace (NBC)

Next in Line : On Becoming a God in Central Florida, The Kominsky Method, Glow, Black-ish, Modern Love, Dickinson

LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

1. Rachel Brosnahan – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    2. Kristen Bell – The Good Place
    3. Kirsten Dunst – On Becoming a God in Central Florida
    4. Catherine O’Hara – Schitt’s Creek
    5. Christina Applegate – Dead to Me
    6. Linda Cardilleni – Dead to Me

Next in Line : Gwyneth Paltrow, Debra Messing, Tracy Ellis Ross, Hailee Steinfeld, Helen Hunt, Alison Brie

LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

1. Ted Danson – The Good Place
    2. Ben Platt – The Politician
    3. Paul Rudd – Living with Yourself
    4. Eugene Levy – Schitt’s Creek
    5. Michael Douglas – The Kominsky Method
    6. Anthony Anderson – Black-ish

Next in Line : Bradley Whitford, Eric McCormack, Paul Reiser, Don Cheadle, Ricky Gervais, Ramy Youseff

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

1. Kate McKinnon – Saturday Night Live
    2. Jessica Lange – The Politician
    3. Alex Borstein – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    4. Betty Gilpin – GLOW
    5. D’Arcy Carden – The Good Place
    6. Marin Hinkle – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    7. Jameela Jamil – The Good Place
    8. Megan Mullally – Will and Grace

Next in Line : Cecily Strong, Zoey Deutch, Lucy Boynton

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

1. Tony Shalhoub – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    2. Alan Arkin – The Kominsky Method
    3. Alec Baldwin – Saturday Night Live
    4. William Jackson Harper – The Good Place
    5. Sean Hayes – Will and Grace
    6. Kenan Thompson – Saturday Night Live
    7. Dan Levy – Schitt’s Creek

Next in Line : Manny Jacinto, James Marsden, Michael Zeagan

WRITING IN A COMEDY SERIES

1. The Good Place
    2. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    3. Dead to Me
    4. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    5. The Politician
    6. On Becoming a God in Central Florida

DIRECTING IN A COMEDY SERIES

1. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    2. The Politician
    3. Dead to Me
    4. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    5. The Good Place
    6. Will and Grace

GUEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

1. Woody Harrelson – Saturday Night Live
    2. Larry David – Saturday Night Live
    3. Luke Kirby – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (unless ineligible)
    4. Sterling K Brown – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    5. Adam Scott – The Good Place
    6. Dylan McDermott – The Politician

Next in Line : David Harbour, Dev Patel, John Slattery

GUEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

1. Maya Rudolph – The Good Place
    2. Phoebe Waller-Bridge – SNL
    3. Jane Lynch – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    4. Liza Weil – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    5. Bette Midler – The Politician
    6. Judith Light – The Politician

Next in Line : January Jones, Anne Hatheway, Jackie Hoffman, Kristen Stewart

TOTAL NOMS BY PROGRAMME:

13 – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    8 – The Good Place, The Politician
    6 – Saturday Night Live
    5 – Dead to Me
    4 – Schitt’s Creek, Will and Grace
    3 – On Becoming a God in Central Florida
    2 – The Kominsky Method

BY NETWORK :

20 – NBC
    17 – Netflix
    13 – Amazon
    4 – Pop
    3 – Showtime
    1 – ABC

TOTAL WINS BY PROGRAMME :

4 – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    3 – The Good Place
    2 – Saturday Night Live

BY NETWORK :

5 – NBC
    4 – Amazon

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 448 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.