TCA 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 366 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
FYC : J. Smit..
Tyler
Brayden Fitzs..
  • Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

To be clear I am not predicting HBC but people are predicting Strong and Mescal, when TCA usually nominate more females compared to the males and HBC had by far the best notices of any supporting player this season and arguably better than those two as well. The Lightow comparasion doesn’t make sense since it was a stronger year and he had to content with a great perfomance from the same show, which is not a problem for HBC since Colmeh’s perfomance is totally irrelevant and Tobias has zero chances. In the end I don’t think HBC will get nominated but it’s not completely out of question.

I can’t wait for your meltdown when Colman gets nominated at TCA!

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Alex Pizziolo
    Topics:

Predictions

Program of the Year: Succession, Schitt’s Creek, Watchmen, Better Call Saul, Ozark, Mrs. America

Drama: Succession, The Crown, Better Call Saul, The Good Fight, Ozark, Mindhunter

Comedy: Ramy, Schitt’s Creek, Better Things, Insecure, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Never Have I Ever

Limited/TV Movie: Unbelievable, Watchmen, Mrs. America, Unorthodox, Bad Education, Little Fires Everywhere

New Program: Euphoria, Dave, Never Have I Ever, The Great, On Becoming a God in Central Florida

Individual Achievement in Drama: Cate Blanchett, Regina King, Jeremy Strong, Shira Haas, Laura Linney, Bob Odenkirk

Individual Achievement in Comedy: Eugene Levy, Ramy Youssef, Issa Rae, Rachel Brosnahan, Catherine O’Hara, Pamela Adlon

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Anyone know if On Becoming a God in Central Florida will be competing in drama or comedy here? I have a good feeling about Dunst but I’m not sure if they’ll keep the show where they’ve had it before or switch to match the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think Daniel Levy will surprise and win for Schitt’s Creek. TCA likes a star who is also the creative visionary behind their project (Rachel Bloom, Donald Glover, Louie C.K., and Phoebe Waller-Bridge).

I have a weird feeling about Dickinson in new series. Can’t even explain it, but that Peabody win makes me feel like it’ll pop up somewhere else, and here seems most likely.

Kirsten Dunst seems like a natural nominee to me, not sure why no one else is predicting her.

I’m shakiest on my Dead to Me predictions. I don’t think Ramy or Dave have the amount of support that many think they do, if Better Things hasn’t gotten into Comedy by now then I don’t think it will, and nothing else seems very likely. I know that one’s weak, but I’m not sure what else to put.

I think they’ll keep Pose. It getting into PotY last year feels really big, and the critics liked this season (it actually increased by one nomination at CC for Mj Rodriguez in a VERY competitive category). We’re probably underestimating that one.

PROGRAM OF THE YEAR:
    Better Call Saul
    Mrs. America
    Schitt’s Creek
    Succession
    Unbelievable
    Watchmen

DRAMA:
    Better Call Saul
    The Crown
    The Good Fight
    Ozark
    Pose
    Succession

COMEDY:
    Dead to Me
    The Good Place
    The Great
    Insecure
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Schitt’s Creek

LIMITED:
    Bad Education
    Mrs. America
    Normal People
    The Plot Against America
    Unbelievable
    Watchmen

NEW PROGRAM:
    Dickinson
    Euphoria
    The Great
    Never Have I Ever
    On Becoming a God in Central Florida
    Undone

INDIVIDUAL IN DRAMA:
    Cate Blanchett in Mrs. America
    Kirsten Dunst in On Becoming a God in Central Florida
    Regina King in Watchmen
    Laura Linney in Ozark
    Billy Porter in Pose
    Jeremy Strong in Succession

INDIVIDUAL IN COMEDY:
    Pamela Adlon in Better Things
    Christina Applegate in Dead to Me
    Rachel Brosnahan in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Daniel Levy in Schitt’s Creek
    Catherine O’Hara in Schitt’s Creek
    Issa Rae in Insecure

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

I think Daniel Levy will surprise and win for Schitt’s Creek. TCA likes a star who is also the creative visionary behind their project (Rachel Bloom, Donald Glover, Louie C.K., and Phoebe Waller-Bridge).

Not impossible, but unlike those people, he isn’t really the face of his show and if he gets in, he’ll suffer from vote splitting, as I’m guessing at least O’Hara will make the cut, and her performance is definitely more acclaimed than his.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Speaking of Kirsten Dunst it’s shocking that she didn’t get a nomination for Fargo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DylanMcPhee
    Topics:

Guys, you all need to seriously adjust your predictions here. Reese isn’t missing this. She’s a lead in 3 very popular shows that everyone has heard of.

BLL season 2 wasn’t heralded to the same acclaim as the first season, but it is still leaps and bounds better than everything else in contention. TMS had critics actually go out of their way to revise their initial reviews (all of the negativity struck me as more of an attack on Apple for daring to enter the TV landscape and not a reflection of the show or it’s actors). And LFE was critically praised (the only negatives I saw were people saying that it suffered from comparison to Big Little Lies purely because Witherspoon was in it).

She has 3 hit shows, is an Oscar winner, is respected in the industry and is a powerful producer. On top of it all…she’s a bloody brilliant actor.

Reese is getting nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Does anyone know comparatively to previous years what the ballot deadline to nomination announcement time frame is? Sorry lol, I think we’re all eager for something new.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

You could also include Amy Schumer’s win in these as well.

This does actually make a lot of sense though, since CK first win 2012 the only non-auteur to win are JLD for Veep’s 3rd season (an all timer) & Brosnahan (who swept everywhere for S1).

Not impossible, but unlike those people, he isn’t really the face of his show and if he gets in, he’ll suffer from vote splitting, as I’m guessing at least O’Hara will make the cut, and her performance is definitely more acclaimed than his.

I wonder if this helps Adlon, Rae or Youseff to a win though, whom like Levy are the creative force behind their shows but are actually at the centre.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ruckp
    Topics:

When will these be out finally?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Final Predictions

Program of the Year:
    Better Call Saul (AMC)
    Better Things (FX)
    Mrs. America (FX)
    Schitt’s Creek (Pop)
    Succession (HBO)
    Watchmen (HBO)

Outstanding Achievement in Drama:
    Better Call Saul (AMC)
    The Crown (Netflix)
    The Good Fight (CBS All Access)
    Mindhunter (Netflix)
    Pose (FX)
    Succession (HBO)

Outstanding Achievement in Comedy:
    Better Things (FX)
    Dave (FXX)
    The Good Place (NBC)
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Prime Video)
    Ramy (Hulu)
    Schitt’s Creek (Pop)

Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries and Specials:
    Bad Education (HBO)
    Mrs. America (FX)
    Normal People (Hulu)
    The Plot Against America (HBO)
    Unbelievable (Netflix)
    Watchmen (HBO)

Individual Achievement in Drama:
    Christine Baranski – The Good Fight
    Cate Blanchett – Mrs. America
    Brian Cox – Succession
    Regina King – Watchmen
    Bob Odenkirk – Better Call Saul
    Jeremy Strong – Succession

Individual Achievement in Comedy:
    Pamela Adlon – Better Things
    Dave Burd – Dave
    Daniel Levy – Schitt’s Creek
    Catherine O’Hara – Schitt’s Creek
    Issa Rae – Insecure
    Ramy Youssef – Ramy

Outstanding New Program:
    Dave (FXX)
    David Makes Man (OWN)
    The Great (Hulu)
    Little America (Apple+)
    Never Have I Ever (Netflix)
    Undone (Prime Video)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

PROGRAM OF THE YEAR
    Schitt’s Creek
    Succession
    Watchmen
    Hollywood
    The Good Place (NGNG)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT DRAMA
    Succession
    The Crown
    Stranger Things
    Ozark
    ???

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT COMEDY
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Schitt’s Creek
    The Good Place
    Insecure
    Dead To Me

MOVIE/MINISERIES/SPECIAL
    Watchmen
    Unbelievable
    Mrs. America
    Hollywood
    The Plot Against America

NEW PROGRAM
    Space Force
    Euphoria
    The Outsider
    The Great
    The Mandalorian

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT COMEDY
    Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek
    Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Ramy Youssef, Ramy
    Good Place nominee (Danson or Bell)
    Issa Rae, Insecure

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT DRAMA
    Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show
    Regina King,Watchmen
    Cate Blanchett, Mrs. America
    Brian Cox, Succession
    Olivia Colman, The Crown

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

I would really like to see them nominate John Oliver for individual performance in comedy – they had a run of nominating Jon Stewart and Colbert back in the day so they have proven they are not averse to the genre. Truly what is doing is pretty untouchable at the moment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

PROGRAM OF THE YEAR Schitt’s Creek Succession Watchmen Hollywood The Good Place (NGNG) OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT DRAMA Succession The Crown Stranger Things Ozark ??? OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT COMEDY The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Schitt’s Creek The Good Place Insecure Dead To Me MOVIE/MINISERIES/SPECIAL Watchmen Unbelievable Mrs. America Hollywood The Plot Against America NEW PROGRAM Space Force Euphoria The Outsider The Great The Mandalorian INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT COMEDY Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Ramy Youssef, Ramy Good Place nominee (Danson or Bell) Issa Rae, Insecure INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT DRAMA Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show Regina King,Watchmen Cate Blanchett, Mrs. America Brian Cox, Succession Olivia Colman, The Crown

I –

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I –

You’re right about others but Stranger Things hasn’t missed (yet). It was still in top 15 of year end lists.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 366 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.