TCA 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 200 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
FYC : J. Smit..
Tyler
Guest 2018
  • Profile picture
    Dumbledore1601
    Topics:

Guys, you all need to seriously adjust your predictions here. Reese isn’t missing this. She’s a lead in 3 very popular shows that everyone has heard of. BLL season 2 wasn’t heralded to the same acclaim as the first season, but it is still leaps and bounds better than everything else in contention. TMS had critics actually go out of their way to revise their initial reviews (all of the negativity struck me as more of an attack on Apple for daring to enter the TV landscape and not a reflection of the show or it’s actors). And LFE was critically praised (the only negatives I saw were people saying that it suffered from comparison to Big Little Lies purely because Witherspoon was in it). She has 3 hit shows, is an Oscar winner, is respected in the industry and is a powerful producer. On top of it all…she’s a bloody brilliant actor. Reese is getting nominated.

Reese Witherspoon would definitely deserve a nomination, she had such a strong year. But as much as I would love to see it happen, she probably won’t be nominated I guess

FYC Decade Awards: La La Land (in all categories)

FYC: Big Little Lies, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Reese Witherspoon

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dame Mandy Moore
    Topics:

PROGRAM OF THE YEAR Schitt’s Creek Succession Watchmen Hollywood The Good Place (NGNG) OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT DRAMA Succession The Crown Stranger Things Ozark ??? OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT COMEDY The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Schitt’s Creek The Good Place Insecure Dead To Me MOVIE/MINISERIES/SPECIAL Watchmen Unbelievable Mrs. America Hollywood The Plot Against America NEW PROGRAM Space Force Euphoria The Outsider The Great The Mandalorian INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT COMEDY Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Ramy Youssef, Ramy Good Place nominee (Danson or Bell) Issa Rae, Insecure INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT DRAMA Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show Regina King,Watchmen Cate Blanchett, Mrs. America Brian Cox, Succession Olivia Colman, The Crown

Guest this is so wrong in some many levels. I mean, how could you predict Olivia Colman? The delusion!

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."
    - Mandy Moore
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

Guest this is so wrong in some many levels. I mean, how could you predict Olivia Colman? The delusion!

Says someone who thinks that Helena Bonham Carter is going to get nominated here in the category’s most competitive year for having two episodes out of 10 where she actually has a part.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

You’re right about others but Stranger Things hasn’t missed (yet). It was still in top 15 of year end lists.

Stranger Things missed the last time it was eligible at TCA

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dame Mandy Moore
    Topics:

Says someone who thinks that Helena Bonham Carter is going to get nominated here in the category’s most competitive year for having two episodes out of 10 where she actually has a part.

I literally said I’m not predicting her dear…I’m getting concerned about you, you’ve been navigating between instability and delusion, I think you should take a time off to focus on yourself. I’ll keep you in my prayers.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."
    - Mandy Moore
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Stranger Things missed the last time it was eligible at TCA

Thanks for reminding, don’t know why I was certain.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Thanks for reminding, don’t know why I was certain.

You’ve probably thought about the Critics’ Choice, where Stranger Things was nominated for the first two seasons.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

You could also include Amy Schumer’s win in these as well. This does actually make a lot of sense though, since CK first win 2012 the only non-auteur to win are JLD for Veep’s 3rd season (an all timer) & Brosnahan (who swept everywhere for S1).

I think Brosnahan also benefited from being nominated against so many auteurs.  I imagine that there were people who had a tough time deciding between Pamela Adlon, Donald Glover and Bill Hader, whereas I imagine that supporters of Brosnahan were less likely to have wrestled with their decision.  This is supported by her being a one-and-done nominee so far, unlike the others.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Guys, you all need to seriously adjust your predictions here. Reese isn’t missing this. She’s a lead in 3 very popular shows that everyone has heard of.

BLL season 2 wasn’t heralded to the same acclaim as the first season, but it is still leaps and bounds better than everything else in contention. TMS had critics actually go out of their way to revise their initial reviews (all of the negativity struck me as more of an attack on Apple for daring to enter the TV landscape and not a reflection of the show or it’s actors). And LFE was critically praised (the only negatives I saw were people saying that it suffered from comparison to Big Little Lies purely because Witherspoon was in it).

She has 3 hit shows, is an Oscar winner, is respected in the industry and is a powerful producer. On top of it all…she’s a bloody brilliant actor.

Reese is getting nominated.

She is not and neither are her shows. TCA love to nominate only shows.performances with excellent reviews, good reviews are not enough.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Don’t underestimate Bad Education here. In the past twenty years, there’s only been one year where a TV film hasn’t been nominated (2014).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Do shows return here after a snub? This Is Us has a good track record here, receiving six nominations for the first two seasons (including Program of the Year… twice). It was snubbed for season 3 and i’m not saying it will return but how often do shows return after being snubbed? How likely can we expect a surprise Mandy Moore/ Sterling K. Brown/ Drama nomination?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel P. (gabspss)
    Topics:

Do shows return here after a snub? This Is Us has a good track record here, receiving six nominations for the first two seasons (including Program of the Year… twice). It was snubbed for season 3 and i’m not saying it will return but how often do shows return after being snubbed? How likely can we expect a surprise Mandy Moore/ Sterling K. Brown/ Drama nomination?

Rarely. Two examples I can remember are The Good Wife, Season 5 (they were nominated before for seasons 1 and 2) and Mad Men, Season 7B (they were only snubbed for season 7A). And those two examples where from very two critically acclaimed seasons, probably the most acclaimed from the respective year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

When will these be out finally?

I too want to know. So voting has already taken place according to Twitter, right? Maybe they’ll be announced Thursday to coincide with the Emmy ballots being released and the first days of Emmy voting???

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

how often do shows return after being snubbed

The Good Wife S5, Justified S6, Mad Men S7(b), Crazy Ex-Girlfriend S3 and Game of Thrones S8 in the last 5-6 years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

The Good Wife S5, Justified S6, Mad Men S7(b), Crazy Ex-Girlfriend S3 and Game of Thrones S8 in the last 5-6 years.

So I see that these were either too acclaimed or too popular (never seen Justified or Crazy Ex- GF). This Is Us has a bit of both but master of none.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 200 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.