TCA 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 371 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Brayden Fitzs..
Tyler
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Just noticed that The Good Fight (with a 3rd Drama nomination) now ties its predecessor for number of category nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not the erasure of double nominee Peter Dinklage for Game of Thrones lol. There were also Jessica Lange for AHS S1 and Walton Goggins for The Shield. Your point still stands if we ignore Dinklage’s second nomination.

Oops (to be honest Dinklage should have gone Lead for GoT last year and I kind of see him above all the other actors in the show barring Headey).

I don’t know what to do with Seehorn now. In a way I want to predict her because she managed to get in over a big competition but then I think of Goggins and Potter.

I’m surprised no one is talking about the fact that two time nominee Elisabeth Moss got snubbed for The Handmaid’s Tale third season.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL

Just noticed that The Good Fight (with a 3rd Drama nomination) now ties its predecessor for number of category nominations.

It’s good to see that the TCA loves The Good Fight, even if the Golden Globes and Emmys don’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

Oh I know you didn’t say Succession was locked but I am still extremely confident in Watchmen for POTY. It is like designed to win that category even if it misses everywhere else (which I also don’t think is happening but there is a small chance King loses).

I was kind of confusing in my previous comment because I forgot Succession and Watchmen weren’t competing anymore. What I meant by that was, even if Watchmen wins Program of the Year, I wouldn’t be surprised if it actually lost its Limited Series bid to Unbelievable for example – the TCAs do that all the time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I don’t think anyone was really expecting Moss to get in this time, critics have cooled on the show and she was snubbed at critics choice.

the only thing stopping me from predicting Seehorn to win is how sweep-crazy these have been recently. That and the critics may be aware of how white their winners makes me pretty confident in a King victory. But then again, Watchmen taking program, Succession taking drama and Seehorn taking individual feels like a perfect way for them to cover their bases, so I don’t know!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

Not the erasure of double nominee Peter Dinklage for Game of Thrones lol. There were also Jessica Lange for AHS S1 and Walton Goggins for The Shield. Your point still stands if we ignore Dinklage’s second nomination.

There was also Aaron Paul getting in alongside Bryan Cranston for Breaking Bad for season 3.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think anyone was really expecting Moss to get in this time, critics have cooled on the show and she was snubbed at critics choice. the only thing stopping me from predicting Seehorn to win is how sweep-crazy these have been recently. That and the critics may be aware of how white their winners makes me pretty confident in a King victory. But then again, Watchmen taking program, Succession taking drama and Seehorn taking individual feels like a perfect way for them to cover their bases, so I don’t know!

But Mark Ruffalo made it in for a show with equal critical reception.

I haven’t slotted Seehorn in yet (I mean do I take Streep, Snook, Dern, Strahovski or Mbatha-Raw out for her?) but I have slotted Esposito back in. I have a feeling we are underestimating the possibility that voters are catching up on this show.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Turd Ferguson
    Topics:

Oh my god, I can’t believe Seehorn got in!

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

But Mark Ruffalo made it in for a show with equal critical reception.

I haven’t slotted Seehorn in yet (I mean do I take Streep, Snook, Dern, Strahovski or Mbatha-Raw out for her?) but I have slotted Esposito back in. I have a feeling we are underestimating the possibility that voters are catching up on this show.

Mbatha-Raw. Or Stravohski. It depends on how much confidence you have in either Handmaid’s or Morning Show.

If Esposito gets nominated its certanly not be because voters watched season 5. He had so little to do.

Tony Dalton was the supporting actor MVP. Jonathan Banks was great as usual, nothing too showy, but definitely deserving of, at least, a nomination — especially in a field of 8.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN COMEDY
    “Better Things” – FX
    “Dead to Me” – Netflix
    “The Good Place” – NBC
    “Insecure” – HBO
    “Schitt’s Creek” – Pop TV
    “What We Do in the Shadows” – FX

Sooooo we’ve all been underestimating this show, haven’t we?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darcey
    Topics:

Rhea nation make some noise!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

What We Do in the Shadows” – FX

Its a mostly off the radar critical darling. I’ve heard it’s a delight, but I think it gets a writing nom on its best day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

What We Do in the Shadows” – FX

I wish.

With the exception of an outside chance at Writing & Guest Actor, it’s largely an under the radar critically that’ll only do damaged in the crafts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

So there are three possibilities from today’s TCA’s; 1) The Maisel shutout was an anomaly, a one-off, and will have zero impact July 28. 2) The Maisel shutout was a precursor to Schitt’s overtaking them as the comedy overall frontrunner July 28; 3) If the Maisel shutout is the first sign of ‘Maisel always wins everything’ fatigue, another contender could replace it as Schitt’s main challenger on July 28. A show that is broadcast network’s best half-hour and one of the pillars of Peak TV. At any rate, I vote for 1).

Eh, this won’t affect Maisel a great deal. Critics were pretty cool on season 3 to begin with (I’m pretty sure it still got good reviews but there was a consensus that it was a clear drop in quality).

Either way, Maisel will be fine for a bunch of nominations. I still think Schitt’s Creek is winning series though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Its a mostly off the radar critical darling. I’ve heard it’s a delight, but I think it gets a writing nom on its best day.

We shall see my love…these nominations might get exciting.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 371 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.