TCA 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 371 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Brayden Fitzs..
Tyler
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

I want Rhea to win this both the individual achievement and the actual Emmy. I’m gonna change supporting actress from snook to Seehorn with snook as runner up now. I’m gaining more confidence in Rhea each time

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Drama actress race is really THE race.

In winter we had different winners at every award show: Colamn (Globes), King (Critic Choice), Aniston (SAG).

Then Linney arrives as a frontrunner but Ozark miss TCA, and no other contender is mentioned in the individual achievement category.

I still think Colman will take this because it’s an easy check from a highly respected show. She’s been on a roll for a couple of years now and I’m sure Emmy voters will love to reward her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I still think Colman will take this because it’s an easy check from a highly respected show. She’s been on a roll for a couple of years now and I’m sure Emmy voters will love to reward her.

Name-check isn’t enough to win the drama actress award. You need passion and the performance, the former of which Colman doesn’t really have, with the latter being subjective. When Laura Linney, Jennifer Aniston, Viola Davis and so many more give undeniable performances, it’s hard to believe that Olivia would pull through.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

Drama actress race is really THE race. In winter we had different winners at every award show: Colamn (Globes), King (Critic Choice), Aniston (SAG). Then Linney arrives as a frontrunner but Ozark miss TCA, and no other contender is mentioned in the individual achievement category. I still think Colman will take this because it’s an easy check from a highly respected show. She’s been on a roll for a couple of years now and I’m sure Emmy voters will love to reward her.

Im still rooting for Laura but I won’t be surprised if Jennifer won because she has sag. Sag usually hold more weight than the critics choice and golden globes in determining the winner. Claire foy got the Emmy cause she won sag despite missing tca nomiantion and not winning critics and golden globes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I completely overlooked that Unbelievable was the only show this year to get in two performers! We love it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

I completely overlooked that Unbelievable was the only show this year to get in two performers! We love it.

I honestly didn’t even predict either of them to get in let alone both. I gues their Emmy chances are still going strong despite the show premiering last year which is impressive

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Synthadora
    Topics:

Doing a little page catch up and there’s a certain supporting actress who got nominated has caught my attention. I could’ve sworn GD told me I must be smoking something.

– “If Rhea Seehorn is ever happening it is this year”

You see William that’s where you are wrong as there’s a final season you can’t stop the Seehorn train.

I’m predicting the win will go to Regina King

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

Doing a little page catch up and there’s a certain supporting actress who got nominated has caught my attention. I could’ve sworn GD told me I must be smoking something. – “If Rhea Seehorn is ever happening it is this year” You see William that’s where you are wrong as there’s a final season you can’t stop the Seehorn train. I’m predicting the win will go to Regina King

i won’t be surprise if cate Blanchett win all be it will be a predictable choice. I really want Rhea to win but that probably won’t happen

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PeytonKawai
    Topics:

Name-check isn’t enough to win the drama actress award. You need passion and the performance, the former of which Colman doesn’t really have, with the latter being subjective. When Laura Linney, Jennifer Aniston, Viola Davis and so many more give undeniable performances, it’s hard to believe that Olivia would pull through.

What you mean passion? Screaming or yelling or crying hard? How can the matured middle-aged queen show her emotions?

Colman’s performance reminds me of Season 2’s Foy. She didn’t show her emotions or feeling. We can see more passion in Season 1  because she was young princess and then young queen.

And Foy won an Emmy for Season 2.

FYC Emmy: Drama Series ー "THE CROWN" ACTOR (Tobias Menzies), ACTRESS (Olivia Colman),
    SUP. ACTOR (Josh O'Connor), SUP. ACTRESS (Helena Bonham Carter), GUEST ACTOR (Charles Dance),
    GUEST ACTRESS (Jane Lapotaire)
    Limited Series ー "NORMAL PEOPLE" ACTOR (Paul Mescal)
    Comedy Series - "THE GREAT" ACTRESS (Elle Fanning), SUP. ACTOR (Nicholas Hoult)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

That’s because Foy gave a decade-defining performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PeytonKawai
    Topics:

So Colman will win for Season 4, and Staunton will win for Season 6.

That’s illogical. They didn’t win for one reason.

Colman’s performance was really great. I understand everybody don’t think so.

But you are just negative campaigning, just because you don’t like her

FYC Emmy: Drama Series ー "THE CROWN" ACTOR (Tobias Menzies), ACTRESS (Olivia Colman),
    SUP. ACTOR (Josh O'Connor), SUP. ACTRESS (Helena Bonham Carter), GUEST ACTOR (Charles Dance),
    GUEST ACTRESS (Jane Lapotaire)
    Limited Series ー "NORMAL PEOPLE" ACTOR (Paul Mescal)
    Comedy Series - "THE GREAT" ACTRESS (Elle Fanning), SUP. ACTOR (Nicholas Hoult)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Ozark and Maisel snubs mean nothing for the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dumbledore1601
    Topics:

I’m not so sure about Regina King winning Achievement in Drama… she wasn’t nominated at the Globes or SAG but critics LOVE her.

FYC:

Drama - Big Little Lies, Ozark, The Handmaid's Tale, Euphoria, Killing Eve

Comedy - The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Dead to Me, The Good Place, Modern Family

Reese Witherspoon (Lead Actress Drama Series & Limited Series)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dumbledore1601
    Topics:

Why do the TCA Awards hate Maisel and Ozark?? Still don’t get it. I loved S3 of both shows but I’m glad the Emmys will give them more love

FYC:

Drama - Big Little Lies, Ozark, The Handmaid's Tale, Euphoria, Killing Eve

Comedy - The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Dead to Me, The Good Place, Modern Family

Reese Witherspoon (Lead Actress Drama Series & Limited Series)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 371 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.