TCA 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 372 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
20 hours ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Brayden Fitzs..
Tyler
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The Blanchett 5/5 sweep commences right here. We love to see it.

Good luck getting that sweep that you speak of

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Synthadora
    Topics:

So Colman will win for Season 4, and Staunton will win for Season 6. That’s illogical. They didn’t win for one reason. Colman’s performance was really great. I understand everybody don’t think so. But you are just negative campaigning, just because you don’t like her

Also I don’t know if you can vouch but apparently her performance (Foy) was as praised as much as it is today compared to when it aired, which is nice to see people catch up but the same could be done to Colelman when Crown s6 airs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

King and Blanchett…..thats a tough choice. I’m rooting for a tie lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Very good nominations as always, I predicted long ago that Colman, Aniston, Witherspoon and Helena Bonham Carter were out of the question.

It also very obvious to me that Jeremy Strong would be the only nominated actor for Succession as it should be. Rhea Seehorn is a force of nature and I tried to warn you since most of you do not watch/appreciate BCS, this season for her was nothing like her previous seasons.

Unbelievable is unstoppable, with Luca tried to explained it many times, I hope you stop to underestimate the show now, the combo between Peabody and BAFTA was more than obvious and very telling. I predicted Wever for TCA, but I admit that even I was slightly surprised by Dever, I am very happy for her.

I knew that the only chance of Ozark was some acting noms, but they just do not love the show, Linney’s snub is irrelevant since no one from the drama contenders in lead was nominated. Euphoria is the only real surprise in the drama line-up and the definite proof that TCA really have good taste.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgian
    Topics:

With the exception of no Mescal, these nominations are excellent!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think people are getting ahead of themselves on Maisel now suddenly going to underperform because of its TCA shut out. We know that TCA isn’t such big fans of the show from the fact that they nominated The Good Place over it for Program of the Year in 2018 and the fact they haven’t actually awarded it ever.

I wouldn’t look to much into it.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I think people are getting ahead of themselves on Maisel now suddenly going to underperform because of its TCA shut out. We know that TCA isn’t such big fans of the show from the fact that they nominated The Good Place over it for Program of the Year in 2018 and the fact they haven’t actually awarded it ever. I wouldn’t look to much into it.

Didn’t Brosnahan win for the first season?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Didn’t Brosnahan win for the first season?

I mean in terms of the show in the programming sections. Not the performances.

Brosnahan’s snub this year and last year is I think as a result of the show becoming more of an ensemble show than the Rachel Brosnahan show and therefore I don’t think all the votes would have been going for her in this category (unlike with Catherine O’Hara and Schitt’s).

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Living for someone finally recognizing Mark Ruffalo, Issa Rae, & “The Plot Agaisnt America”! Strong over Cox is kinda dodgy. Thrilled for “Succession,” “Pose,” “Schitt’s Creek,” “Watchmen,” “Insecure,” “Top Chef All-Stars LA,” “We’re Here,” & “Better Call Saul”! Dever and Wever is interesting. No Oscar winner Olivia Colman or Oscar nominee Helena Bonham Carter? No “Maisel”? Yikes. No Aniston or Witherspoon? Double yikes. No last hurrah for Claire Danes or “Homeland”? Shameful. Nice to see some new blood included like “Black Lady Sketch Show,” “Ramy,” & “What We Do in the Shadows.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Seehorn wins I have a feeling she’s a lock for a nomination. I mean after all Carrie Coon was nominated for Fargo and got nominated in a hell of a crowded field after winning here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

If Seehorn wins I have a feeling she’s a lock for a nomination. I mean after all Carrie Coon was nominated for Fargo and got nominated in a hell of a crowded field after winning here.

amc has been pushing her really hard as the main actress contender despite her in the supporting category and even more than any other actor in bcs even bob. I think she will get nominated

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What other actresses does AMC have?

Arguably Sandra Oh, Jodie Comer and Fiona Shaw.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Ok the Aniston thing is just laughable, glad that TCA didn’t fall for that shit

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Dropping back in because this went kinda unaddressed: how bizarre is that Ruffalo nom? I guess critics are part of the small group of people who actually watched the show and I’m sure it’s deserving, but how weird for them to single him out for a show they didn’t nominate, especially at the expense of Mescal. I had kinda dismissed Ruffalo being Emmy win-competitive after no one watched the show, and I still doubt it, but still a good sign for hints

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 372 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.