TCA 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 466 through 471 (of 471 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
methaddiction
Tyler
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

It’s not just Viola Davis or Taraji in 2015, other examples of black performers that should have won/been nominated at the TCA for achievement in drama

Regina King – Southland
    Uzo Aduba – OITNB
    Lorraine Toussaint – OITNB
    Giancarlo Esposito – Breaking Bad
    Sterling K Brown – The People Vs. OJ Simpson / This Is Us

More off the top of my head from 97 to 15.

• Halle Berry – Introducing Dorothy Dandridge
    • Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje — Oz
    • Michael K. Williams – The Wire
    • Idris Elba – The Wire
    • Jennifer Beals – The L Word
    • Pam Grier – The L Word
    • S. Epatha Merkerson – Lackawanna Blues
    • Chandra Wilson – Grey’s Anatomy
    • Kerry Washington – Scandal

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Andre Holland was exceptional in The Eddy but sadly no one watched the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

More off the top of my head from 97 to 15. • Halle Berry – Introducing Dorothy Dandridge • Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje — Oz • Michael K. Williams – The Wire • Idris Elba – The Wire • Jennifer Beals – The L Word • Pam Grier – The L Word • S. Epatha Merkerson – Lackawanna Blues • Chandra Wilson – Grey’s Anatomy • Kerry Washington – Scandal

Jharrel Jerome – When They See Us
    Queen Latifah – Bessie
    Angela Bassett – The Rosa Parks Story
    Mahershala Ali – True Detective

and many more

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Andre Holland was exceptional in The Eddy but sadly no one watched the show.

You’re forgetting Joanna Kulig and Amandla Stenberg. Honesty this show should be up for Series, Actor, Actress, S. Actress, S. Actor and Directing this year.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

SC isn’t broadcast; it’s basic cable as PopTV isn’t one of the Big 4, and they got the show via CBC.

Except Schitt’s Creek is a broadcast show, it was made for CBC. A Canadian broadcast network not a US broadcast network but still a after-to-air broadcast network none the less. Similarly Fleabag, despite airing on Prime Video in most territories, is also a broadcast since it was made for the BBC, a British broadcast network.

The Good Place & This Is Us are exclusive to Netflix & Prime Video in most non-US territories, doesn’t make them streaming shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

You liked racist comments in the past

I never did such thing. And you have had 1846 times more fights in this forum than me, so you are not the one to preach.

The dislike of Viola that always comes from him is so uncalled for, considering he’s admitted to having seen barely any episodes of HTGAWM.

Yeah Luca, you quickly forgot how I was one of the few defending her performance on Widows alongside you. And to prefer Jon Hamm above her is not equal to dislike her.

I can understand if you don’t think Regina deserved this award, but to say something so illogical that black actors have never been deserving of this award in the past 10 years is ridiculous.

Again and for the last time, hate me as much as you want, but do not lie and misquote me. I said that none of the NOMINATED BLACK performers in those 11 years deserved to win versus the 11 actual winners that are all sadly white.

And they nominated only 8 of those. Not a single one in the first 6 years… Then Davis and Henson lost to Hamm. Then Vance lost to Paulson. After that Brown lost to Coon. Again not a single Black nominee when Russell won. Then Porter lost to Williams. That’s it. And stop being hypocrites, this forum would have never awarded Vance, Brown and Porter instead of Paulson, Coon and Williams. So this is why I only commented Henson and Davis versus Hamm. I never spoke about Black actors that have not been nominated. This does not make me racist or sick.

At least now we have documented proof that you’re a good-for-nothing racist.

More like a proof that you never learned to read on school.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 466 through 471 (of 471 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.