Home Forums Television THE HANDMAID’S TALE SEASON 4 (Premieres 2021)

THE HANDMAID’S TALE SEASON 4 (Premieres 2021)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca
wolfali
Stranger_Amon..
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

A teaser with a shockingly decent amount of new footage (from two weeks of filming). Premieres in 2021.

https://twitter.com/HandmaidsOnHulu/status/1275817206912184326?s=20

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Her saying we’re just getting started scarily reminded me of Claire Underwood at the end of the House of Cards season 6 trailer.

I think this is definitely making eligibility next year and as a user previously stated I think it is partly deliberate of Hulu to push this back to 2021.

I wonder about the show’s future at the Emmys. Unless it gets a 100% RT rating or something close I don’t think it’s going to be competitive in any of the categories (especially considering The Crown is going to be eligible and Succession could very well still make eligibility). However I won’t be surprised to see it win Actress or Drama Series in the future again if the quality is there and especially if it does well in nominations at the Emmys this year (which is the huge question mark for the show’s Emmys future) because Emmy voters still seem to be watching it.

Dowd and Whitford look excellent.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

I just hope the whole season will be eligible at the Emmys. Submitting three episodes shouldn’t be allowed at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

Omg wasn’t expecting a teaser so soon! Makes sense it won’t be out before next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Julian14
    Topics:

seeing aunt Lydia all beat up again. We love to see it

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

This looks terrific. I didn’t expect new footage since they only shot for two weeks before everything shut down.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This looks terrific. I didn’t expect new footage since they only shot for two weeks before everything shut down.

The severe lack of Yvonne Strahovski is worrying me. Although I assume her scenes have not been shot yet.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The severe lack of Yvonne Strahovski is worrying me. Although I assume her scenes have not been shot yet.

1) This is just a teaser 2) They shot for not even 2 weeks 3) Maybe her storyline is too spoiler-y to feature in the trailer. Let’s not jump to conclusions so quickly 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

1) This is just a teaser 2) They shot for not even 2 weeks 3) Maybe her storyline is too spoiler-y to feature in the trailer. Let’s not jump to conclusions so quickly 🙂

I literally just said I assume her scenes have not been shot yet which is why she hasn’t appeared in the trailer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Julian14
    Topics:

You know this show is the one I’m most looking forward to. It was always game of thrones but after that show ending I never thought something could hook me again like this show has. 2021 though

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I don’t see how this isn’t Yvonne’s final season anyway. The logical continuation of her storyline is getting tried for crime against humanity with her husband and getting convicted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

To torch the Yvonne Strahovski ‘worry’: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDD_vaQ9RQk&app=desktop

She was two days shy of filming. Hence, no new footage of her in the teaser. Also, it was said that the cast isn’t campaigning. After a bit of research, I’m glad to say that that’s false.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:
    Luca
    Topics:

We stan this young talent.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Sam Jaeger as a series regular? That’s interesting.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.