Home Forums Television THE HANDMAID’S TALE SEASON 4 (Premieres 2021)

THE HANDMAID’S TALE SEASON 4 (Premieres 2021)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 372 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 hours ago
replies
views
users
Luca
wolfali
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Dowd, Wiley, Brewer….who would you nominate first?

Wiley. Her performance in “Vows” was perfection.

Brewer is a close second.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SamLuez
    Topics:

The finale is indeed eligible, even though it first streamed after May 31. The entire season has been available to Emmy voters on the Emmy viewing platform for several weeks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Holy Heck that finale! So good… And now my predictions~ Lock noms:

• Drama Series
    • Writing
    • Directing
    • Actress: Elizabeth Moss
    • Supporting Actress: Ann Dowd, Yvonne Strahovski
    • Supporting Actor: O.T. Fagbeane, Bradley Whitford
    • Guest Actress: McKenna Grace

Likely Noms:

• Supporting Actress: Madeline Brewer
    • Guest Actress: Alexis Bleidel

Possible Noms:

• Actor: Joseph Fiennes
    • Supporting Actress: Samira Wiley
    • Guest Actress: Amanda Rugel

There is no way that Wiley is the 4th most likely supporting actress nominee from the show. She’s a lock.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

That was an amazing finale. Might be my favorite episode ever from the show. Can’t wait for season 5

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

I don’t know how I feel about the finale. It was disturbingly satisfying. I’ll just let it marinate in my head for a while and then decide what I think about it.

Same. It was very convenient. But in the same time special and intimate.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

This was easily one of the very best episodes of the series. First off, I want to see Liz Garbus direct more episodes because this was easily the best directed episode of the season. The attention to detail was brilliant, as was the way she built the tension. Bruce Miller did a phenomenal job, too, especially by throwing in all these brilliant tiebacks. Elisabeth Moss, oh, Elisabeth Moss. This was HER season and she gave the best performance she’s ever given. This episode was also impeccably crafted and all-around brilliant. It better make an Emmys comeback.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

What a fantastic and satisfying finale. This is officially my favorite season yet.

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/
    Twitter: @TheCineMike

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TVLUVAH
    Topics:

There is no way that Wiley is the 4th most likely supporting actress nominee from the show. She’s a lock.

Yeah. That’s a good point… I think I just really want Madeline Brewer and Yvonne to get nominated… I mean Samira’s already won (then again so have Dowd and Alexis, lol)… What the heck, nominate ALL of them!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Choice Chayawat
    Topics:

There had clearly been a build-up for that scene to finally happen, but when it did, it felt overdone and strangely unsatisfying for me, unlike a similar scene where Emily stabbed and kicked Aunt Lydia down the stairs, which was much more raw and powerful. But other than that, it was a very strong finale. Wondered why June didn’t try to negotiate to get Hannah, but of course they wouldn’t be willing to lose yet another child to Canada. Part of me thought that June would eventually go back to Gilead to take care of her unfinished business.

So now, will Joseph Fiennes have a better chance to get nominated after this episode?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

Okay I rewatched the finale. It remains disturbing- possibly the most disturbing episode of the season (yes even more than The Crossing)- but I quite liked it. It’d be interesting to see how they deal with the fallout of Fred’s death, and I hope there’s no easy way out of this because it would take away so much from what they did in this episode. I really hope the gap between Season 5 and Season 4 isn’t as long as the gap between 3 and 4. I need answers!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mark A Bowers
    Topics:

My finale thoughts…

Incredibly directed. Lizzie Moss did exceptional work directing her three episode this season and it would be very tempting to submit The Crossing, but Liz Garbus work in The Wilderness was outstanding in every way possible. Hands down the best directed episode of the season, possibly the series on a series of ridiculously talented directors.

The acting never fails to deliver, even when the writing is inconsistent, everybody in this cast rises above and the finale was no exception. The Covid restrictions made the storytelling a challenge this season no doubt, but the quality of the show on a whole never faltered.

Someone who never gets much mention but delivered sublimely with his increased screen time this season was
    Sam Jaeger.

I was ever so slightly disappointed that Yvonne Strahovski was saddled with the pregnancy the entire season, but it is sure to set up a plethora of material for season 5.

I have no doubt EM will give The Crown ladies a run for their money come Emmy time. Another career high on an already sublime career.

Can’t wait for season 5!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Just seen 4×01 and the final scene where Esther comes back covered in blood was so damn cathartic.

Anderson

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just seen 4×01 and the final scene where Esther comes back covered in blood was so damn cathartic. Anderson

She’s coming.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Please tell me this isn’t airing weekly for you. -_- I can’t wait that long to see y’all’s reaction to the second half of the season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Please tell me this isn’t airing weekly for you. -_-  

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 372 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.