Home Forums Television THE HANDMAID’S TALE SEASON 4 (Premieres 2021)

THE HANDMAID’S TALE SEASON 4 (Premieres 2021)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 372 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
19 hours ago
replies
views
users
Luca
wolfali
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Mrs. America last year and now this—how many shows use Max Richter’s main theme from The Leftovers as temporary music for rough cuts? Shame that something that is apparently so iconic and resonant got no Emmy love.

I will never not be pissed that Richter never got nominated for TLO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Have not seen Lovecraft Country.

Was just going to watch #4 and #5 last night, but I watched #6 and #7 too. So thankful that I did not watch the trailers until after I watched the seven screeners. I cannot believe what they put in them—avoid them if you still can! #1 and #4 are the only final cuts that I have. There was more of The Leftovers theme, including in an Ann Dowd scene, which was a fun crossover. There are a couple of people who can get name-checked to guest nominations if they qualify, which will be determined in the three episodes that I do not have.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yikes. I had a feeling that the trailer was revealing too much…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Was just going to watch #4 and #5 last night, but I watched #6 and #7 too.

What I inferred from your predictions is that the show’s quality is more so same with the previous one that in a weak year it can be a reliable filler nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

They probably should have just wrapped this show up in three seasons in the way Pose are now doing. It’s a very specific story and if they veer too far from the source material the results can be disappointing. Clearly they seen how much of a phenomenon the show was in its early seasons and now seem to be milking it for everything they can get out of it. I just hope it doesn’t suffer the same fate of other shows that overstayed their welcome because it really is amazing and deserves to be remembered that way.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Serena centric promo, we love to see it.
    https://twitter.com/handmaidsonhulu/status/1379101775471419395?s=21

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Serena centric promo, we love to see it. https://twitter.com/handmaidsonhulu/status/1379101775471419395?s=21

Hulu with this season’s promos:

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Bruce Miller said on Twitter that he thought Hulu and MGM did an excellent job with these trailers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Feature and review embargo lifts April 23rd, ahead of the 28th premiere.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Feature and review embargo lifts April 23rd, ahead of the 28th premiere.

Is the late embargo lifting a bad sign qualitatively?

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

My guess is that it is just an aging show, so they figure that there is not much point in trying to build a buzz in the weeks leading up to the premiere. I think of how even when Homeland would have a great season in its later years, it could only muster up a 74 on Metacritic for its fourth season or 65 for its seventh. Hard to say how much the critics helped there beyond simply being additional channels advertising the existence of the show, like a billboard. I think that Hulu wants to remind people that it is coming back and have them to be able to watch it before they forget about it again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Just got the eighth episode, so that will factor into reviews as well when the embargo lifts next week at 9 a.m. Pacific on Friday.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Wow, they really want that entire season to be seen!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 372 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.