Home Forums Television The Path (Hulu original series feat. Aaron Paul) 3/30/16

The Path (Hulu original series feat. Aaron Paul) 3/30/16

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
mikeboy898
Denis
Cobalt Blue
  • Smi
    Participant
    Topics:

Watching when I get home. Love the cast! 

Not sure if it will garner enough steam to get noticed by the Emmys. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Aaron Paul is so wrong for this role. Dancy is good as always.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Watched the first episode and was intrigued enough. It gets a little slow and boring at times, but I’ll stick with it for a few weeks to see if I’m hooked more. Bloodline kind of started this way, and I ended up really loving it by the end.

It does seem to be trying a bit too hard to be that ‘prestige’ drama. Aaron Paul, Michelle Monaghan and Hugh Dancy are great as usual. Although, I’m wondering if Aaron Paul will offer something different than he did on Breaking Bad. So far, it’s the same (troubled soul, lots of crying), though I’m not necessarily complaining.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I got bored midway and turned it off. Liked the opening though

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuned out mid-way through episode two. Great cast, but unimpressed with the writing, directing, story. I’m surprusied that the reviews weren’t worse tbh. Definitely a disappointment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Adam Rock
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve watched 3 episodes so far. The 2nd episode sort of bored me a bit as it made me want to turn the whole thing off all together, but the show picked up again in episode 3. This show is by no means an Emmy contender but I feel at least midly interested in seeing what’s next in the story. The writing is definitely questionable. Aaron Paul is playing Aaron Paul, Michelle Monaghan is meh, but Hugh Dancy has been the standout thus far. He’s driving this series and is by far the most interesting character in the show as you battle whether or not to root for or against him in each decision he makes.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Smi
    Participant
    Topics:

I absolutely love this show. If you were discouraged in the first few episodes, I highly recommend picking it up again. I was obsessed with it by episode 5. The acting is insanely good and the characters are incredibly multi-dimensional.

I doubt it will get nominated because I think Hulu is going to have a harder time getting in than Netflix ever did, but it 100% should.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

I finished the season last night – it got really great about 3-4 episodes in and stayed that way. Fantastic debut season – I am very impressed. Solid writing and even better performances.

Aaron Paul was good – but quite underwhelming from his Breaking Bad days, sadly.

Michelle Monaghan and Hugh Dancy were just fantastic. Gut-wrenching performances all around. Bravo, Hulu! Can’t wait for Season 2 already!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.