June 9, 2019 at 2:21 pm #1202929712
Bodyguard wasn’t that goodJune 9, 2019 at 2:22 pm #1202929714
Lauren Graham’s portrayal of Lorelai in Gilmore Girls does not get enough credit. She would have made an excellent winner; better than most of the actual winners. Honestly, she should have gotten the same treatment Rachel Brosnahan is getting now.June 12, 2019 at 6:56 am #1202934406
Big Love not ever getting Emmy nominations for any of the four main actors (in five seasons!!!) is an unforgivable insult.June 12, 2019 at 7:22 am #1202934421
1. I don’t like to binge watch shows. I like the anticipation of what’s coming up next week. I may watch a few episodes at a time, but unless I’m very bored or not feeling well, I won’t binge a full season. I actually prefer streamers to drop one episode at a time.
2. I haven’t found a Showtime show that I can watch more than an episode or 2 of.
3. I’m getting to be less and less a fan of anti-hero shows. I apparently need someone to root for.
4. This last Netflix season of One Day At a Time needs multiple Emmy noms and wins. It was such a great season and a great throwback to old school sitcoms, in a good way.
5. I had to give up on Veep during season 6. I’m not sure if it was the new showrunner or what, but it turned into having profane insults be the entire plot. No, I’m not a prude, if they had been non-profane insults as the plot, I would have been bored as well.
6. Lena Headey had a great run as Cersei, but she didn’t do enough to warrant a nomination for Season 7.
7. Anna Faris deserved at least 3 Emmy noms for Mom (and 1 for Friends)
8. Courteney Cox going without a nomination for both Friends and Cougar Town was shameful.
9. Phylicia Rashad going Emmy-less is shameful too. I still think she needs to sneak into Laura Linney’s house and steal her John Adams Emmy for her own Raisin in the Sun work.
10. American Horror Story has been unwatchable to me since midway through Freak Show. I tried again with Apocalypse, but that was a big old no
11. ABC’s American Crime >>>>>> FX’s American Crime Story
12. Mary McCormack would be my Lead Actress in a TV Series Emmy winner this year for The Kids Are Alright (shame on you ABC, SHAME!)
OK, that’s enough griping…for now.June 21, 2019 at 1:43 pm #1202947405
I’m watching this new netflix adaptation of Tales of the City which I had never watched before and anyways the show is so-so but why I’m making this post is because I want to state that Linney and (Ellen) Page who co-star in this always feel like they’re playing the same character allover again whatever show they’re on. Same character, same performance. So #unpopular_opinion I guessJune 21, 2019 at 1:51 pm #1202947409
Frances Conroy in AHS Season 8 was better than any Game of Thrones supporting actress.Kathy Bates had a disgusting character and script hence her performance was also awful.June 21, 2019 at 2:32 pm #1202947441
Nobody from the GoT cast deserves a nominatiom this year.
Patricia Arquette doesn’t deserve any awards for Escape at Dannemora. I wouldn’t even nominate her.June 22, 2019 at 1:35 am #1202947688
Homecoming should win directing this year.June 22, 2019 at 5:04 am #1202947760
Chernobyl is boring and the scripot is not well built.June 22, 2019 at 7:37 am #1202947925
The Big Bang Theory deserves more awards
FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’June 22, 2019 at 8:47 am #1202947975
Not in a milion years. Not over the likes of Indya Moore, Susan Kelechi Watson, Julia Garner, Frances Conroy, Sarah Snook or hell, even Keeley Hawes.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.