Home Forums Television Variety's Actors on Actors 2019 Emmys edition

Variety's Actors on Actors 2019 Emmys edition

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
LiberianGirl12
kellis
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

We’re back to it with Actors on Actors. According Richard Madden’s Instagram story, he did one with Amy Adams. As soon as I find more, I will post!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Ohhh, I love that pairing! Can’t wait to hear Amy go more into depth about Sharp Objects.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m LOVING this. Amy probably only has a solid 8% chance of winning at this point, but I am going to predict her until the very end of the ceremony.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Same

We’re back to it with Actors on Actors. According Richard Madden’s Instagram story, he did one with Amy Adams. As soon as I find more, I will post!

Two of my favorite actor/actress of the season <3

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akyanks
    Topics:

Patricia Arquette asked on twitter if you could ask Julia Roberts one question what would it be. I’d guess it’s for this interview series or something of the sorts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LiberianGirl12
    Topics:

Interesting pairings already, really looking forward to this.

You guys might have seen this already, but Close up with the Hollywood Reporter roundable talks will also continue. Starting from June 23, guests will include:

“Marti Noxon, Sam Esmail, Nic Pizzolatto, Bill Hader, Alan Yang, Tanya Saracho, Alan Arkin, Jim Carrey, Don Cheadle, Ted Danson, Patricia Arquette, Danai Gurira, Emilia Clarke, Diego Luna, Stephan James, Richard Madden, Regina Hall, Maya Rudolph and Phoebe Waller-Bridge”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/close-up-hollywood-reporter-renewed-at-sundancetv-1200029

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nomada
    Topics:

Chris Pine and Robin Wright will be interviewing each other

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

Wright is finally going to campaign this season. Thank god.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    noradurst
    Topics:

Drama Actress will probably be Clarke, Arquette, Oh, Roberts, and maybe another big miniseries actress? Adams is such a staple for THR I’m sure they’d get her. Wouldn’t be surprised if Williams did it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LiberianGirl12
    Topics:

Drama Actress will probably be Clarke, Arquette, Oh, Roberts, and maybe another big miniseries actress? Adams is such a staple for THR I’m sure they’d get her. Wouldn’t be surprised if Williams did it.

That would be a very exciting roundtable. It would be amazing if at least one of the younger contenders (Garner, Williams or Comer) make it too.

As for Drama Actor, we already know Madden, Luna and James will be there. I am guessing there will be at least one GoT actor (Harington or Dinklage?). Personally, I am hoping for any combination of Porter, Ali and Whishaw to join too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Here is a video (just a clip, not the whole episode)

Julia Roberts & Patricia Arquette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkd8ux4-kaE

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

That would be a very exciting roundtable. It would be amazing if at least one of the younger contenders (Garner, Williams or Comer) make it too.

As for Drama Actor, we already know Madden, Luna and James will be there. I am guessing there will be at least one GoT actor (Harington or Dinklage?). Personally, I am hoping for any combination of Porter, Ali and Whishaw to join too.

I’m hoping it’s Harington and a representative from “This Is Us”, preferably Justin Hartley or Milo Ventimiglia.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Just out of curiosity, how much impact do you think being on this series has on one’s awards chances? Or does it signify higher chances for a contender than we had previously believed? For example, has there been anyone who GD didn’t think had a good chance at a nom, but appeared on the series and was then nominated? I don’t want to invalidate the series or anything if it doesn’t have an effect or if it isn’t an indicator of awards; I’m just curious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Roney Moore
    Topics:

Getting the actors appear on one of these gigs is probably the achievement of their agents. But I personally think the positive response the actors’ show/performance gets by their peers on these roundtables might be indicative of their overall industry support. A few years back, I remember Pamela Adlon’s small show Better Things being suprisingly adored by the several people on the table, and she turned out be a two-time nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LiberianGirl12
    Topics:

A clip from Richard Madden’s and Amy Adams’ Actors on Actors segment:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/richard-madden-game-of-thrones-1203219885/?_gl=1*1imjkq9*_ga*YW1wLUk2cS1Da3pXMlhrSXJobjN2N2xpVDY2ZHloWXlodXp6NXZOX1NOWGtya3h4SXBOM21GTkhPcG9HMDR3d296Vmg.#respond&jwsource=cl

Madden talks about his GoT days and that the other cast members deserve a medal for sticking with their characters for so long!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.