Home Forums Television Gold Derby TV Awards 2018 Nominations (Winners on 9/6 at 9:00 PT; 12:00 PT)

Gold Derby TV Awards 2018 Nominations (Winners on 9/6 at 9:00 PT; 12:00 PT)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 290 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diet Teridax
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
  • Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

If someone have a free slot in comedy supporting actress please give it to her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

In the name of all that is right and just, show the Emmys how wrong they were and FYC a wheelbarrow full of nominations for TV’s best comedy:

The Good Place

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

In the name of all that is right and just, show the Emmys how wrong they were and FYC a wheelbarrow full of nominations for TV’s best comedy:

The Good Place

Does this mean no noms for Danson or Rudolph?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

TESSA THOMPSON WAS PUT INTO GUEST ACTRESS FOR DEAR WHITE PEOPLE!!! PLEASE VOTE FOR HER!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

The Good Place

No, and you know it. Noms not JUST for them, but everyone.

ReplyCopy URL
    unown
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC Drama guest actress INDIRA VARMA (Ellaria Sand)

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

The Good Place

The Good Place

Just checking. Carden will probably get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay, so I just saw the Westworld episode “The Riddle of the Sphinx” and HOLY SHIT Peter Mullan deserved an Emmy nomination over Jimmi Simpson! WTF is with that snub?! The actors branch nominates 5 of the Westworld cast including Simpson, while also nominating F. Murray Abraham for his Homeland cameo yet snubs Mullan’s devastating and believable work? I say we at the Goldderby TV Awards rectify this inexcusable snub by nominating Mullan ourselves! Mullan is my #1 pick personally. Hurry up and watch that episode and vote for him if you haven’t already, he was really impressive.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay, so I just saw the Westworld episode “The Riddle of the Sphinx” and HOLY SHIT Peter Mullan deserved an Emmy nomination over Jimmi Simpson! WTF is with that snub?! The actors branch nominates 5 of the Westworld cast including Simpson, while also nominating F. Murray Abraham for his Homeland cameo yet snubs Mullan’s devastating and believable work? I say we at the Goldderby TV Awards rectify this inexcusable snub by nominating Mullan ourselves! Mullan is my #1 pick personally. Hurry up and watch that episode and vote for him if you haven’t already, he was really impressive.

I nominated Peter Mullan! He was spectacular.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Too bad Sarah Goldberg was never added to the predictions center for Barry. Oh well, guess she will unfairly miss out an a Goldderby TV Award nomination just like she unfairly missed out on an Emmy nomination. She was way more deserving on merit than Henry Winkler in my opinion. 🙁

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Please remember to vote for The Opposition with Jordan Klepper for Variety Sketch Series and for Jordan Klepper as Breakthrough Performer! That show was brilliant and hilarious. Talk about gone WAY too soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Do NOT be Emmy sheep! Please nominate Altered Carbon for Drama Series and Ensemble of the Year for its uniformly stellar cast. Joel Kinnaman, James Purefoy, Martha Higarda (Kristin Ortega was my personal fave character), Chris Conner, Dichen Lachman, Ato Essandoh, and Renee Elise Goldsberry were all pitch-perfect in each of their roles. The makeup was to die for, the storyline was well-paced and compelling, the action was remarkably well-edited and choreographed, and the music was on point as well. This show deserved so many more Emmy nominations than it got. I’m all alone in hoping this show upsets Game of Thrones for Special Visual Effects just to spread the wealth or for it to at least win Main Title Design, even if it came at the expense of Westworld and Counterpart’s impressive sequences.

Also, please vote for Altered Carbon for Best Drama Episode “Nora Inu,” which was written by Nevin Densham & Casey Fisher and directed by the Emmy-snubbed Andy Goddard.

Please, and hopefully if you do vote for Altered Carbon in ANY of those categories, thank you.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

TESSA THOMPSON WAS PUT INTO GUEST ACTRESS FOR DEAR WHITE PEOPLE!!! PLEASE VOTE FOR HER!!!

Thanks for sharing. It’s probably too late, but please consider her. If anyone has a free spot, put her in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I swear, if “Party Monster: Scratching the Surface” is criminally snubbed for Comedy Episode just like it was snubbed at the Emmys for Meredith Scardino’s Writing and Rhys Thomas’ Directing, it will be the most fudging ridiculous thing ever! Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt for your consideration in all other categories please, including for Comedy Series and for Ellie Kemper’s wonderful work as the title character. I’m still sad that she was snubbed by the Emmys too.

Also, I would love love LOVE to see Better Things nominated for Comedy Series, Comedy Lead Actress for Pamela Adlon, and “Eulogy” for Comedy Episode, even though the guy who wrote the episode who shall not be named turned out to be a gigantic slimebag sexual harasser of women. If ANY of you have ever believed in the slightest in the IMO dubious concept of “separating the art from the artist,” well then Better Things couldn’t be a better and more deserving work of art with which one could exercise that belief.

ONE FINAL COMEDY EPISODE FYC: Barry “Chapter Eight: Know Your Truth,” written by Alec Berg and Bill Hader and directed by Alec Berg.

While I had quite a few problems with Barry Season 1 overall, the last 2 episodes were perfection on so many different levels. Technically, story wise, performances, everything was firing on all cylinders so well that it made me decide to watch Season 2 when it comes out, in the hopes it continues this upward trajectory of quality.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Also FYC Homeland in all categories

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 290 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.