Home Forums Television Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 507 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
thatnerdgreg
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

We’re wrapping up another Emmy season, but we’re not quite done with television awards yet. Today is the day for you to vote on the Gold Derby TV Decade Awards nominations for 2010 through 2019! Jump into our event now, where you can make your selections in 30 categories. You can come back as often as you like to edit your ballot until nominations voting closes on Sunday, October 13. Pick up to 5 contenders per category and rank them from 1st to 5th place in order of preference. Your first place choice gets 5 points. Second place gets 4 points. And so on until your 5th place choice gets 1 point.

Every single TV show and performer from the past decade couldn’t become options on the ballot, so here is how it works. Any nominee at the Emmy Awards or our own Gold Derby TV Awards for each of these years is eligible. Because there are several anomalies, let’s discuss those below:

Shows are eligible that aired from January 1, 2010, through May 31, 2019. Be warned, though, that some exceptional programs aired just a few episodes or maybe one season in this decade (like “Lost” or “Desperate Housewives”), so they had many nominations and wins in the prior decade.

Some programs were nominated in multiple genres. For those that became regular series after originally competing as limited or miniseries (like “Downton Abbey”), we moved them there.

We decided to place “American Horror Story” in limited series, but for the anthology series as a whole and not for any one particular season. We also left “Luther” in the limited category. We moved “Sherlock” into the limited category from Best TV Movie, since the series will be considered its entirety and not for one specific film. Each anthology show is listed as a limited series (e.g. “True Detective,” “American Crime”). However, “Big Little Lies” has already competed as a drama at the Producers Guild of America Awards after announcing its second season during its inaugural awards run in December 2017, so we decided it should only be eligible as a drama (even though its second season is not eligible for these awards).

A performer who competed in multiple categories for the same role was bumped up in almost every case. If they had been guest and supporting, they are now supporting. If they had been supporting and lead, they are now lead. If they became a regular cast member (despite a guest nomination), they were moved into supporting.

Episode of the Decade candidates are strictly from our own annual Gold Derby TV Awards nominees. The same rule goes for Performer of the Decade and Ensemble of the Decade candidates. We did add in several of the talk show hosts as performer contenders since they have had lengthy careers throughout the past 10 years.

There is a separate Variety Performer category that removes those previous Emmy and Gold Derby nominees from the comedy categories. It also includes the main hosts and stars from top variety sketch and variety talk contenders.

And if you’re wondering, here are some of the winners from our previous Gold Derby TV Decade Awards from 2000-2009:

DRAMA SERIES: “Lost”
    DRAMA ACTRESS: Edie Falco (“The Sopranos”)
    DRAMA ACTOR: James Gandolfini (“The Sopranos”)
    DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Lauren Ambrose (“Six Feet Under”)
    DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTOR: Terry O’Quinn (“Lost”)

COMEDY SERIES: “Arrested Development”
    COMEDY ACTRESS: Tina Fey (“30 Rock”)
    COMEDY ACTOR: Alec Baldwin (“30 Rock”)
    COMEDY SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Megan Mullally (“Will and Grace”)
    COMEDY SUPPORTING ACTOR: Will Arnett (“Arrested Development”)

TV MOVIE: “Wit”
    MINISERIES: “Angels in America”
    MOVIE/MINI ACTRESS: Meryl Steep (“Angels in America”)
    MOVIE/MINI ACTOR: Al Pacino (“Angels in America”)
    MOVIE/MINI SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Mary-Louise Parker (“Angels in America”)
    MOVIE/MINI SUPPORTING ACTOR: Justin Kirk (“Angels in America”)

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You can campaign in this thread, but please keep it limited. Just a small number of shows or people per genre. If you do more than that or get out of hand, your post will be deleted.

DO NOT publish your ballot in this thread.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Matthew McConaughey must win for Limited Series Actor. Seriously.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Me trying to select 20 supporting actress with the limited number being 5.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Sarah Paulson and Jessica Lange should dominate.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

As they should

Sterling K. Brown (“People vs O.J.”) isn’t available as an option for Supporting Actor, Limited or Movie

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Some catagories….easy to narrow down to 5. Spent a long time staring at drama actor. killed me to eliminate one

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

So Goldderby never nominated Mads Mikkelsen? Horrible oversight. He would have been my first choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC (I will literally not stop spamming you hoes until Carice wins something here for her performance, so you might as well give her this one or risk my pointless FYC posts for her at the film awards):

Carice van Houten, Game of Thrones (Drama Guest Actress of the Decade)

Robin Wright, House of Cards (Drama Actress of the Decade)

Andrew Rannells, Girls (Comedy Guest Actor of the Decade)

Reese Witherspoon, Big Little Lies (Drama Actress and Ensemble of the Decade)

I’ll think of some more later.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Me seeing Dexter “The Getaway” as an option for Drama Episode and having to relive that heartbreak all over again…

For clarification, we should be considering the seasons of said show that aired in this decade, correct? For example, just the revamp of Arrested Development would not get my vote, but the entire series would. The same goes for the seasons of the Office airing post 2010 rather than considering the entire series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

The Big Bang Theory Will Likely Get in for

• Comedy Series
    • Lead Actor (Parsons)
    • Supporting Actress (Bialik)
    • Guest Actor (Newhart)
    • Guest Actress (Baranski)

The Show has literally been round for the whole of the decade so I expect some votes for if

FYC Golden Globes- Fleabag, The Crown, Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston

FYC Oscars- Maggie Smith, Charlize Theron, Brad Pitt, Adam Driver

FYC Emmys- Schitts Creek, The Crown, Years and Years

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

So Goldderby never nominated Mads Mikkelsen? Horrible oversight. He would have been my first choice.

I’m definitely voting Richard Armitage in guest actor.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC Peter Mullan in Guest Actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Actress – Eva Green (Penny Dreadful)

Drama Episode – Hitting the Fan (The Good Wife)

Comedy Supporting Actor – Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation)

Limited Series Supporting Actor – Connor Jessup (American Crime)

Performer – Sarah Paulson and Jessica Lange

I will give a time to make more FYC lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

This may be way out of left field, but… homegirl being snubbed at the Emmys after years of delivering consistently is a crime. The show is a mess now so she’ll never get another shot, but she should get in here as a nod to her unwavering consistency for 15 years: FYC, Ellen Pompeo in Grey’s Anatomy

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 507 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.