Home Forums Television Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 510 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
thatnerdgreg
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

It won all of those SAG ensemble awards, so we made an exception.

Black Mirror is listed under limited series since it’s an accumulation of movies (really more like episodes).

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Chris Beachum.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Chris Beachum.
    ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

It won all of those SAG ensemble awards, so we made an exception.

Really grateful Chris – thank you!

ReplyCopy URL
    MrScreenAddict
    Participant
    Topics:

Hannibal, Hugh Dancy, and Mads Mikkelsen need to be added ASAP. Totally bizarre that you can vote for Richard Armitage in Guest Actor but neither the show nor its leading men. Fix this, please!

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Hannibal, Hugh Dancy, and Mads Mikkelsen need to be added ASAP. Totally bizarre that you can vote for Richard Armitage in Guest Actor but neither the show nor its leading men. Fix this, please!

They’re neither Emmy nor GoldDerby Award nominees, so they cannot be featured.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

These Gleeks are driving me crazy. I didn’t think that show had any fans left.

You obviously don’t use YouTube, we are an amny and we are not going anywhere.

Also, your push towards Charles Dance is 10 times more annoying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s no point in asking for additions. More than 800 people have already voted and most won’t be making any changes so in the end it’s all just moot. That’s why I’ve stopped harping on about The Getaway/Lithgow.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Beloved derbyites, are we voting for Lena Headey. Aren’t we?

Do I see a ghost risen from the dead?

ReplyCopy URL
    Andres Anton
    Participant
    Topics:

Things that for me are sure:

– Best Drama Show: Game Of Thrones

– Best Actor in Drama Series: Bryan Craston in Breaking Bad

– Best Actress in Drama Series: Julianna Marguiles in The Good Wife

– Best Actor in a Supporting Role in Drama Series: Peter Dinklage in Game Of Thrones

– Best Actress in a Supporting Role in Drama Series: Maggie Smith in Downtown Abbey

———————————————————————————

– Best Comedy Show: Modern Family

– Best Actor in Comedy Series: Jim Parsona in The Big Bang Theory

– Best Actress in Comedy Series: Julia Louis Dreyfuss in Veep

– Best Actor in a Supporting Role in Drama Series: Ty Burell in Modern Family

– Best Actress in a Supporting Role in Drama Series: Jane Lynch in Glee

——————————————————————————-

Performer of the Year: 5 options

– Jane Lynch

– Bryan Craston

– Julia Louis Dreyfuss

– Benedict Cumberbacht

– Jimmy Kimmel

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Beloved derbyites, we’re voting for Lena Headey. Aren’t we?

That was quick! welcome back!

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Many meaty roles have been shifted from guest to supporting and some key episodes have been disqualified. Chances are that you have a gap in your ballot as such, so you should log back in and update. Some of the more popular examples of those affected include Andrew Rannells, Margo Martindale, Carice van Houten, the Modern Family pilot and “Shut the Door. Have a Seat.”

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Many meaty roles have been shifted from guest to supporting and some key episodes have been disqualified. […]Carice van Houten 

Welp. Guess she’s not getting in then. I’m going to be so pressed come nominations time lol. Upset about Rannells too since he could’ve made it in for Guest.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Many meaty roles have been shifted from guest to supporting and some key episodes have been disqualified. Chances are that you have a gap in your ballot as such, so you should log back in and update. Some of the more popular examples of those affected include Andrew Rannells, Margo Martindale, Carice van Houten, the Modern Family pilot and “Shut the Door. Have a Seat.”

Why? Under current rules for guest eligibility, Carice was guest for seasons 2, 4, 7 and 8. She was in 7 seasons which means she qualified for guest for the majority of her time on the show. She also received nominations here and at the Emmys specifically for guest acting, the main criteria used to judge these awards.

I don’t really see how she can be classified as supporting when she was in about 25 episodes out of 73 and Dinklage (also supporting) was in over 60. That’s what you call a meaty role, not Melisandre’s sporadic appearances.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

I would be a terrible Emmys voter, because I voted a shitton for Glee because it gave me nostalgia to when I was actually happy in life.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

ReplyCopy URL
    Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

I would be a terrible Emmys voter, because I voted a shitton for Glee because it gave me nostalgia to when I was actually happy in life.

Glee really redefined television for me though. Given that I was younger I wasn’t watching a lot of the good shit that was on back then, but Glee was the first show where I can remember intently tuning in every week and being so excited for each episode to come out, discussing it with my friends at school on Monday and all that good shit. It seems corny in retrospect but I might not be as into TV as I am now if it wasn’t for Glee, and I can’t think of anything that engaged younger viewers as much as it did even now. I’m still on the fence as to whether I should nominate it for anything but its cultural impact can’t be denied

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Why? Under current rules for guest eligibility, Carice was guest for seasons 2, 4, 7 and 8. She was in 7 seasons which means she qualified for guest for the majority of her time on the show. She also received nominations here and at the Emmys specifically for guest acting, the main criteria used to judge these awards. I don’t really see how she can be classified as supporting when she was in about 25 episodes out of 73 and Dinklage (also supporting) was in over 60. That’s what you call a meaty role, not Melisandre’s sporadic appearances.

Anybody who was a series regular this decade or last qualifies as supporting here. Chris previously cited Ann Dowd in The Leftovers.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 510 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.