Home Forums Television Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
thatnerdgreg
  • Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

An unforgivable omission in episode is The Good Place’s Michael’s Gambit, which featured the greatest swerve in television series history since the Newhart series finale.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Billy Bob Thornton was great in Fargo, but I’d choose Freeman and Patrick Wilson’s performances over his in a heartbeat.

Omg Wilson missed too, what the hell? Do people not watch Fargo on here? Freeman gave possibly my favorite performance of the decade in that category, and Wilson was absolutely perfect in his role. He has a killer scene towards the end of the season too that I think about a lot lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The recency bias is so obvious, especially in the Episode categories. I expect something like Fleabag to be the comedy winner, which (as great as it is) would be a shame. Olivia Colman getting in Supporting Actress comedy is a sick joke, especially over people like Sofia Vergara, Jane Krakowski (UKS), Megan Mullaly.

And I knew Eva Green was a pipe dream but how the hell Julianna Margulies missed it? Or Robin Wright, I mean you guys voted for pedophile Spacey, Ventimiglia should’ve gotten that nomination. Anna Camp missing for UKS is such a shame.

Gillian Anderson getting nominated for American Gods while being snubbed for her masterclass acting on Hannibal, I have no words. And that fricking Cherry Jones nomination, did you just wanted to troll?

Susan Sarandon should’ve gotten nominated for Feud, she was better than Lange.

I don’t understand how can you nominate McConaughey without Harrelson?

Patricia Clarkson, Eliza Scanlen, Olivia Colman, and Penelope Cruz getting nominated over so many deserving contenders is a shame.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Penelope Cruz nom is very weird since she couldn’t even win at GoldDerby Awards against Judith Light lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

The recency bias is so obvious, especially in the Episode categories. I expect something like Fleabag to be the comedy winner, which (as great as it is) would be a shame. Olivia Colman getting in Supporting Actress comedy is a sick joke, especially over people like Sofia Vergara, Jane Krakowski (UKS), Megan Mullaly.

And I knew Eva Green was a pipe dream but how the hell Julianna Margulies missed it? Or Robin Wright, I mean you guys voted for pedophile Spacey, Ventimiglia should’ve gotten that nomination. Anna Camp missing for UKS is such a shame.

Gillian Anderson getting nominated for American Gods while being snubbed for her masterclass acting on Hannibal, I have no words. And that fricking Cherry Jones nomination, did you just wanted to troll?

Susan Sarandon should’ve gotten nominated for Feud, she was better than Lange.

I don’t understand how can you nominate McConaughey without Harrelson?

Patricia Clarkson, Eliza Scanlen, Olivia Colman, and Penelope Cruz getting nominated over so many deserving contenders is a shame.

I’m all for the Scanlen nomination. She outacted Adams and Clarkson in Sharp Objects, in my opinion. Also, on the Fleabag noms, I am fine with it winning Comedy Series. It’s arguably the best comedy show of the decade, recency bias or not.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Is nobody going to mention that Kevin Spacey was nominated but Robin Wright wasn’t? Not the best look.

Disgusting. And she even won with us. Lmao at the disrespect towards her even though I knew it was going to happen.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that Kevin Spacey got a nomination is disgusting and shameful.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke getting in for Drama Actress of the Decade is…ridiculous!!! And possibly one of the worst jokes I’ve seen in here. Amy Adams getting in for Performer of the decade is also shameful. And to her stans out there…This is starting to look seriously ridiculous and extremely annoying!!!

About the snubs where in the hell are Vanessa Kirby, Matt Smith, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh, Laura Dern (Performer of the decade), Reese Whiterspoon, Kate Winslet, Woody Harrelson, Patricia Arquette ???!!!

Moving on… Lena Headey and Claire Foy better win those Drama Supporting Actress and Actress of the Decade awards. I would push Michelle and Kirsten but they’re competing with Jessica Lange. So its basically impossible for them to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Disgusting. And she even won with us. Lmao at the disrespect towards her even though I knew it was going to happen.

I feel like Wright’s contribution to the HoC phenomenon gets ignored by many fans. It’s all about Spacey for them. The only time they talk about Wright is to shit on her because of Season Six.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Community got SNUBBED for series. Also, Glee deserved better.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Gillian Anderson getting nominated for American Gods while being snubbed for her masterclass acting on Hannibal, I have no words.

Uh, excuse me Anderson was amazing in American Gods and that’s definitely one of the best nominees we have. I’m pretty sure they bumped her up to supporting for Hannibal anyways.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Wright’s contribution to the HoC phenomenon gets ignored by many fans. It’s all about Spacey for them. The only time they talk about Wright is to shit on her because of Season Six.

T. And she’s the reason why anyone stayed, being the most praised aspect for most of the show.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:
    1. The Big Bang Theory should be nominated for comedy series
    2. Jane Krakowski was better in UKS than 30 Rock
    3. Comer and Oh should defo be in top 10
    4. Recent bias is clear
    5. Kirby/Smith should have gotten in for The Crown
    6. As much as I love Amy Adams, her only tv work this decade is sharp objects so she really shouldn’t be in performer of the decade

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Amy Adams gets in performer of the decade for doing 1 mini series and 1 SNL appearance?

yall are some cyberbullies. She doesn’t need another nominee (Lose) line on her IMDB to nerf her W/L ratio

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Penelope Cruz nom is very weird since she couldn’t even win at GoldDerby Awards against Judith Light lol.

rofl

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 506 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.