Home Forums Television Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 510 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
thatnerdgreg
  • kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

I was about to help drag my fellow Damy stans for being too much and putting our name in the dirt for that nom, but then I went back to my picks and saw that I was part of the problem.

Oh, well. The power she has over us I guess.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

The Good Wife and Julianna Margulies

This Is Us and Milo Ventimiglia

Where are my favorites?! 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Uh, excuse me Anderson was amazing in American Gods and that’s definitely one of the best nominees we have. I’m pretty sure they bumped her up to supporting for Hannibal anyways.

She was better in Hannibal and she was, in fact, in Guest category for Hannibal, I went back to check and she was my #2 after Metcalf for Horace and Pete.

On another note, I just realized Richard Armitage is also missing. A shame really.

Another thing I realized both Josh Charles and Archie Panjabi also missed. Guess you guys just didn’t watch The Good Wife.

Rita Moreno is another snub that hurts. Oscar Isaac, Jude Law,  Mark Ruffalo, and Bryan Cranston all missing lead actor is hurtful as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

These are disgusting.

I’ll never forgive the foul filth populating these forums that goes overboard for the trash regurgitated into the world by Ryan Murphy while almost completely ignoring something as beautiful and genuinely artistic as Twin Peaks.

Convinced now that most of you don’t understand the power of television as a medium. Disgraceful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

She was better in Hannibal and she was, in fact, in Guest category for Hannibal, I went back to check and she was my #2 after Metcalf for Horace and Pete.

I had her in guest for Hannibal as well but I had to replace her when she was moved to supporting. Either they moved her back to guest or I’m just stupid and fucked up my votes. She’s great in Hannibal as well but I think she’s just as good in American Gods even though it’s a smaller role. I’m just glad she’s nominated at all cuz neither of those performances were sure things.

I’ll never forgive the foul filth populating these forums that goes overboard for the trash regurgitated into the world by Ryan Murphy while almost completely ignoring something as beautiful and genuinely artistic as Twin Peaks

I’m glad twin peaks got into series, I didn’t see that coming. I’m not a Murphy hater but I hope his shows all vote-split and something like Fargo wins.

#FreeTheBannedFour

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

ugh my television daddy aka TIMOTHY OLYPHANT — JUSTIFIED missed, so I’m riding my last hopeless stan card item into the sunset: Adam, as Adam

ReplyCopy URL
    FNLFan89
    Participant
    Topics:

For Your Consideration, one last time

Drama Supporting Actor: Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones

Peter Dinklage

Drama Guest Actor: Pedro Pascal, Game of Thrones

Pedro Pascal

Comedy Supporting Actor: Ty Burrell, Modern Family

Ty Burrell

Comedy Supporting Actress: Julie Bowen, Modern Family

Julie Bowen

Movie/Mini Lead Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock

Benedict Cumberbatch

Movie/Mini Supporting Actor: Martin Freeman, Sherlock

Martin Freeman

Movie/Mini Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman, The Night Manager

Olivia Colman

ReplyCopy URL
    ChargerFan
    Participant
    Topics:

No Robin Wright. 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael Schur; showrunner of the decade (only one to have 2 contenders in either series category (TGP, Parks/Rec).

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, on the Fleabag noms, I am fine with it winning Comedy Series. It’s arguably the best comedy show of the decade, recency bias or not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Olivia Colman getting in Supporting Actress comedy is a sick joke, especially over people like Sofia Vergara, Jane Krakowski (UKS), Megan Mullaly.

And Naya Rivera, Rita Moreno and even Sian Clifford.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I just realised we double nominated Alison Brie for Community and Mad Men but not for Glow. She really can’t win for this show can she.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Veep needs to win comedy series. I might say 30 Rock but their best days were in the previous decade. Drama should be between Breaking Bad and The Leftovers but it’s probably between Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. I think Breaking Bad wins.

#FreeTheBannedFour

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

And Naya Rivera, Rita Moreno and even Sian Clifford.

Clifford got in. I’m very happy she did, cause I thought she was one of the biggest snubs at this year’s GoldDerby Awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

My biggest FYC push here will obvs be Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress. I love Claire Danes, I love Elisabeth Moss, I love Nicole Kidman, I love Claire Foy, but no one took me by surprise as much as Viola did. I hadn’t even seen anything of hers before I watched Murder, barely even knew who she was (I was 14 when Murder started, so I get a pass). Annalise Keating has been THE character of the decade for me; Viola has brought so much to this role and to the landscape in general. I’ll probably be the only one voting for her, but it’s absolutely my passion pick of the year (next to Headey).

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 510 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.