Home Forums Television Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 507 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
thatnerdgreg
  • Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC:

Fleabag: Comedy Series of the Decade/ Comedy Episode of the Decade

The Crown- Drama Series of the Decade/ Drama Actress of the Decade:

Jon Hamm- Drama Actor of the Decade:

Maggie Smith- Drama Supporting Actress of the decade:

Aaron Paul- Drama Supporting Actor of the decade:

Laurie Metcalf- Drama Guest Actress of the Decade:

Matthew Goode- Drama Guest Actor of the Decade:

FYC Golden Globes- Fleabag, The Crown, Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston

FYC Oscars- Maggie Smith, Charlize Theron, Brad Pitt, Adam Driver

FYC Emmys- Schitts Creek, The Crown, Years and Years

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

You start this by complaining about others getting upset over certain nominees then in the next paragraph do exactly that.

Except I didn’t. I complained about people complaining about their favorites missing without any real arguments that their subjective taste and I gave specific examples. And also about people being so negative and childish. I never did either. Almost everybody here agree about my complaints with Adams being in Performer of the Decade, because at least people on this forum understand what “Performer of the Decade” means. And I don’t really need to explain my remarks on Clarkson and Scanlen, because they are even more absurd, especially Scanlen. Her cliche performance of the typical rich brat OVER Patricia Arquette Emmy winning role in The Act, Judith Light masterful work on Versace (awarded here), Merritt Wever’s iconic Emmy winning role for Goddess or Jean Smart’s terrific work in Fargo?! Yeah, sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    Couverture
    Participant
    Topics:

Except I didn’t. I complained about people complaining about their favorites missing without any real arguments that their subjective taste and I gave specific examples. And also about people being so negative and childish. I never did either. Almost everybody here agree about my complaints with Adams being in Performer of the Decade, because at least people on this forum understand what “Performer of the Decade” means. And I don’t really need to explain my remarks on Clarkson and Scanlen, because they are even more absurd, especially Scanlen. Her cliche performance of the typical rich brat OVER Patricia Arquette Emmy winning role in The Act, Judith Light masterful work on Versace (awarded here), Merritt Wever’s iconic Emmy winning role for Goddess or Jean Smart’s terrific work in Fargo?! Yeah, sure.

So basically you are saying that others need to EXPLAIN why they didn’t like someone’s nomination or why they wanted someone else nominated but you don’t need to do the same because it’s apparently obvious in your case. And you are calling other people childish?

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, I’m a hacker now. If you vote for anyone that is not Lena Headey, I will send troops to the houses of everyone that does that blasphemy. Emmy voters are idiots, GoldDerby will show we are better than those ignorants.

Lena Headey doesn’t deserve to win

Darling, if you’re so tasteless then you don’t deserve to breathe. The wildfire is already in its way to your cheap residency area.

I was your Prime Minister once.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, if you’re so tasteless then you don’t deserve to breathe. The wildfire is already in its way to your cheap residency area.

ReplyCopy URL
    The2ndAvenger
    Participant
    Topics:

Just here to say that it is a travesty Tom Hiddleston wasn’t nominated for Best Actor in a Mini.

That is all. I will shut up now. I know I swore myself to silence after making some less than accurate dark horse Oscar predictions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s cool to have your own opinion but to say Lena doesn’t deserve it is utter bullshit.

No, it’s jsut my opinion. In my opinion her performance isn’t on the same level as the best nominees, and by that logic she doesn’t deserve it. If you disagree, fine, but it’s not “utter bullshit”.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyway, I don’t believe it’s been mentioned, and that’s probably because most people didn’t think it would happen, but Michael McKean should have gotten into supporting actor. Also Better Call Saul should’ve gotten in for series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Dern is nominated? Kirby was snubbed for people like her and MBB? Ugh.

Dern is, and very rightfully so, I just wish I could vote for her in performer of the decade too. But yeah, Kirby’s snub is awful and heartbreaking. She’d probably be my number 2 after Gunn. I have no idea what people see in MBB, to me she’s serviceable at her best, and terrible at her worst.

Edit: Since I’m apparently the only one who loved Dern’s performance as Renata from the beginning, Dern in Season 1 > Woodley in Season 1.

ReplyCopy URL
    BARF!
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, there will be nothing but a bunch of white winners.  BARF!

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Honey, there will be nothing but a bunch of white winners. BARF!

You can always vote for this queen (and a bunch of others).

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, there will be nothing but a bunch of white winners. BARF!

Don’t complain in advance – vote! Tituss Burgess and Sterling K. Brown (OJ) are surely the frontrunners and I’d say Cicely Tyson, Thandie Newton and Courtney B.Vance have a shot too in their respective categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Don’t complain in advance – vote! Tituss Burgess and Sterling K. Brown (OJ) are surely the frontrunners and I’d say Cicely Tyson, Thandie Newton and Courtney B.Vance have a shot too in their respective categories.

We better give Tyson her due.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Jerome is a contender as well, the recency factor will help him.

We better give Tyson her due.

I’d love to see Tyson win, but it’s probably going to Diana Rigg. Really though I don’t know how you can watch Metcalf’s episode of Horace and Pete and not vote for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope Titus doesn’t win. His performance is good, but it’s nowhere near as impressive as the other nominees as his role is just a slightly exaggerated version of himself in contrast with the others having to transform into their characters (to varying degrees).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 507 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.