Home Forums Television Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

Gold Derby TV Decade Awards 2010-2019 (Winners on 11/4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
thatnerdgreg
  • Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Anderson needs to get into guest actress but I’m worried about people voting for American Gods and not Hannibal.

I’m voting for her in Hannibal but I haven’t watched American Gods so…

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Little Lies should be in limited series if only season one counts.

Not really. Just because they claimed that first season was a miniseries doesn’t mean that it really was. It’s in the right spot.

Anyway, word of advice to anyone who wants Jonathon Banks or Giancarlo Esposito nominated for supporting actor of the decade like I do. Vote for their work on Breaking Bad rather than Better Call Saul. The former is more famous, acclaimed, and popular. It’s more likely to get them in for that instead of Saul. A nomination would basically count for their work on both shows.

Also, I object to the placements of Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke. Harington and Clarke were considered supporting players for 6 out of 8 seasons on Game of Thrones. It makes a lot more sense to have them in supporting rather than lead, even if they’re the two biggest parts of the show. Also, now I’m upset remembering that Sean Bean wasn’t nominated for GoldDerby. I would’ve loved to vote for him. I’m guessing we would’ve placed him in supporting, since being a lead for only one season makes it a bit unfair to be placed against people who were leads for entire series.

Anyway, vote for Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, and Ozymandias.

I can already tell you that Lange is probably winning Performer of the Decade lol.

Maybe, but Bryan Cranston is gonna be tough competition. His work on Breaking Bad is not only the most acclaimed performance on television this decade, but one of the most acclaimed performances of all time in any medium. He has my vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yes. Yes! YES! AHS is dominating my personal choices as well. And that gif for Wittrock though… I like it.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

The good thing is that there’s such an amount of great performances here that it will be difficult to end up with bad nominations. At worst, we’ll have okay nominees.
    Since mafro987 and Reis (two of my favourite posters here, not by chance!) already mentioned Eva Green and Gillian Anderson (for Hannibal), if you watched You’re the Worst and decide to spend a vote for someone who’ll never get recognized, support Aya Cash and her monumental work during the past five years!

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes. Yes! YES! AHS is dominating my personal choices as well. And that gif for Wittrock though… I like it.

Same as well AHS has some of my favorite television performances ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

For clarification, we should be considering the seasons of said show that aired in this decade, correct? For example, just the revamp of Arrested Development would not get my vote, but the entire series would. The same goes for the seasons of the Office airing post 2010 rather than considering the entire series.

That’s correct. Just keep in mind what aired this past decade.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Nick offerman never won an Emmy OR a GD award for playing Ron Swanson.
    We should change that.
    FYC: Parks and Recreation in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Thanks for the input, but all category decisions have been made by our staff and explained in the first post. We aren’t going to make any changes based on requests or allow anybody to be in multiple categories for the same role. If a person became a regular cast member, they can’t be in guest no matter what awards they had. We also aren’t going to add anybody else unless it was just an oversight on our part.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

We’ll give you updates when we discover them and change the event.

John Lithgow and “The Getaway” must be removed because those “Dexter” episodes aired in 2009.

Ann Dowd was a regular cast member on “The Leftovers” and can’t compete as guest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

John Lithgow and “The Getaway” must be removed because those “Dexter” episodes aired in 2009.

That’s both unfair and illogical. They both were eligible for the 2010 Emmys and Goldderby awards. We are following the Emmys eligibility period. They weren’t eligible for last decade’s awards either so why aren’t they eligible now as well?

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

We’ll give you updates when we discover them and change the event.

Ann Dowd was a regular cast member on “The Leftovers” and can’t compete as guest.

It depends on whether Dowd was nominated by us in supporting. If she wasn’t, I don’t see why she can’t be eligible for guest considering she was nominated in that category at the Emmys.

Edit: just checked and she was so all good!

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Mad Men & Handmaid’s Tale & 30 Rock

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with Lithgow’s performance in Dexter if he wasn’t able to compete last decade then he should be able to now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

We nominated Henry Ian Cusick, Gregory Itzin and Elizabeth Mitchell in guest in 2010 and they were not eligible in any other years, but are listed in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyway, vote for Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, and Ozymandias.

I need the BB sweep

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.