Home Forums Television Vote-Splitting 2019: 'Game of Thrones' Actresses

Vote-Splitting 2019: 'Game of Thrones' Actresses

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Bridgian
Pulp
Riley Chow
Vote-Splitting 2019: 'Game of Thrones' Actresses
I would vote for Maisie Williams as Arya Stark
39 votes (28.26%)
I would vote for Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth
31 votes (22.46%)
I would vote for Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister
55 votes (39.86%)
I would vote for Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark
13 votes (9.42%)
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

If the Emmys suddenly added you as a voter right now and Julia Garner and Fiona Shaw were disqualified without replacement, how would you mark your ballot? I listed them in their order from the Emmy website. I am not doing an actor poll because Nikolaj Coster-Waldau won last year.

Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

I would not vote for any of them. But I’d choose Turner if I had to. This category is awful so I guess I’d go with Garner.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena forever

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The one and only queen.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This is a no-brainer for me. Headey is the most overdue and has the best episode in my opinion, plus none of her co-stars had the season overall to justify a win.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

While I would vote for who I thought gave the best performance 90% of the time (I genuinely believe that was Christie), I would vote for Headey in this situation. She’s the best actress of the four and deserves it the most of the four.

FYC: Carice van Houten, ‘Instinct’, Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Maisie. It was Arya’s season, which makes this an easy vote for me. Christie had one great episode of note. Turner, congratulations on your deserved breakthrough. Headey barely had the material for a nomination, and a career win feels excessive.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

For s.8 I would vote for Gwendoline Christie.

But it is what it is, and I think If I had that power to give one vote I would give it to Lena Headey for “Imagine Me & You”

oh, sorry, wait, no, wrong title, but yes, I would vote for Lena.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Maisie. It was Arya’s season, which makes this an easy vote for me. Christie had one great episode of note. Turner, congratulations on your deserved breakthrough. Headey barely had the material for a nomination, and a career win feels excessive.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena. She deserves it for her whole body of work on the show. But also, her death scene was the best piece of acting this season, IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Maisie Williams. I would vote for s8 only, and not for the entire show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like this is an area where GD is not going to mirror the TV Academy at all, obviously Lena is going to dominate here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    2012sofetch
    Participant
    Topics:

Gwendoline/Sophie are clearly farewell nominations. Sophie had some good moments but a largely alright performance, nothing altogether memorable. Gwendoline had one of the single best scenes but mostly just that. Too little content. But more than anything, if the passion was indeed strong for them, they would have broken through in previous years where they had far superior performances and script to work with.

Between Lena and Maisie, Lena is the one who will be favoured by the farewell goodwill. Even if Maisie had more to do in season 8, if you have to give it one of them, Lena is simply more compelling. Her performance over the show’s run was transformative and iconic in TV canon. And there’s been an endless narrative that she is overdue. Maisie is also a good actress, and I’m sure has a lot of goodwill amongst voters for her s1-4 performance, but if you had to honour one actress at the end of the show’s run, it would be Lena Headey.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You did a Ron Cephas Jones vs Gerald McRaney thread last year where McRaney dominated yet Jones won the Guest Actor Emmy. I don’t think you should really take this into account.

False!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.