Home Forums Television Vote-Splitting 2019: 'Game of Thrones' Actresses

Vote-Splitting 2019: 'Game of Thrones' Actresses

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Bridgian
Pulp
Riley Chow
Vote-Splitting 2019: 'Game of Thrones' Actresses
I would vote for Maisie Williams as Arya Stark
I would vote for Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth
I would vote for Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister
I would vote for Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark
  • Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

In this situation Christie, because she’s closest to being somewhat deserving nominee. Headey and Williams are whatever and I’m still not sure whether Sophie Turner can act, but she’s ok in this show.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Hoster1.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Hoster1.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

This was the first time Christie was actually submitted but yeah Turner’s nom feel like a farewell gift a la Kristin Davis. Turner is the only one who won’t be stealing any votes from anyone in the second round.

You did a Ron Cephas Jones vs Gerald McRaney thread last year where McRaney dominated yet Jones won the Guest Actor Emmy. I don’t think you should really take this into account. But! Lena Headey is winning regardless, lol.

Yeah Riley, do one for GoT actors too for fun. I want to vote for Allen. And maybe the anti-Dinklage votes would split and Dinklage still would win anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I chose Fiona Shaw.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Maisie. It was Arya’s season, which makes this an easy vote for me.

What?

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

For this season, none of them deserves to win. IMO, Gwendoline and Sophie had the best performances but nothing to work with, Gwendoline never had much material, she was a well liked character but too secondary, and Sophie didn’t have a meaty role this time, she was just there.
    I’d vote for Lena because it would make the most sense, she was the villain of the show, her material was better and more compelling overall. Maisie would never have my vote for any season because although I like her performance, I don’t like Arya and I hate her arc.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean C
    Participant
    Topics:

Headey had nothing to do this season; her even being nominated is a gift, and her winning would be a 100% legacy award.

Christie had some of the best material in the show, wasn’t in it a ton, though.

Turner had no arc to speak of, was good in what she had.

Williams probably had the most, though a lot of it was purely physical stuff and her culminating moment is way rushed.

Ultimately, I went with Christie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, Lena Headey and my beautiful vagina is very offended by that question.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.

If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Headey did practically nothing this season, but I’d be willing to accept a win for her simply because she should have already won by now for seasons 5 and 6. However, the actress who gave by far the best performance of the four was Gwendolyn Christie, and if I was voting, I’d give it to her. In fact, she’s the only supporting actress on the show who I think truly deserved a nod this year. That’s not an insult towards the other actresses, as they made the most of what they were given, but Cersei was a practically nonexistent presence, and Arya and Sansa came across as horribly annoying and smug for almost the entire season. Williams and Turner made some of their more likable moments work, but those moments just weren’t enough for me. I know she’s not gonna win, but I’m truly overjoyed for Christie getting the recognition she deserves.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I simply love Maisie performance in Long Night and her scene in “The Bells” is amazing (Miguel and her). Christie gave the best performance in her knight scene. I probably would vote for Lena, but I will be so happy if Maisie win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Maise, no one else should had been nominated

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Comedy Series: Barry, Limited Series: Chernobyl, Drama Lead Actor: Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul), Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Drama Directing: Miguel Sapochnik for The Long Night (Game of Thrones), Drama Writing: Jed Mercurio for Episode 1 (Bodyguard)

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

From someone who doesn’t watch Game of Thrones, how is the poll going?

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

From someone who doesn’t watch Game of Thrones, how is the poll going?

Headey 33
    Williams 23
    Christie 16
    Turner 4

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

The results here being closer than I thought they would be are a worrying sign for Lena Heady.

ReplyCopy URL
    Joyce Byers
    Participant
    Topics:

I think I’d vote for… omg! This is so hard! 4 incredible actresses!! I loved them! But Lena Headey going Emmyless is a crime!! I’d vote for Lena Headey ss the iconic Cersei Lannister!!!!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I think I’d vote for… omg! This is so hard! 4 incredible actresses!! I loved them! But Lena Headey going Emmyless is a crime!! I’d vote for Lena Headey ss the iconic Cersei Lannister!!!!!!!

Thatcher, is that you?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.