Home Forums Television Vote-Splitting 2019: 'Game of Thrones' Directors

Vote-Splitting 2019: 'Game of Thrones' Directors

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Dvir B.A.
Jays
Luca Giliberti
Vote-Splitting 2019: 'Game of Thrones' Directors
I would vote Miguel Sapochnik for The Long Night
I would vote David Benioff and D.B. Weiss for The Iron Throne
I would vote David Nutter for The Last of the Starks
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This is a repost of a previous thread. The last poll was not working for some reason, which I did not realize because I was wrestling with a decision.

If the Emmys suddenly made you a voter, but restricted your choices in Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series to Game of Thrones, what would you do? I listed them in their order from the Emmy website.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

It has to be Sapochnik IMO. Putting my GoT bias aside, this is the one directing nominee I can say 100% honestly that is better than all other nominees in the category this year.

FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, Miguel Sapochnik (“Game of Thrones”) for Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Adam McKay coming for that win tbh.

Edit – just saw you had to vote for GoT, nevermind lol

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Jays.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Jays.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Undoubtedly Miguel Sapochnik. Yes, yes, it was dark (well it wasn’t that bad on my TV), but what he achieved, visually, with that episode is incredible.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

“The Iron Throne” was the best directed of these three episodes, but it is not even worthy of a nomination, so I am throwing out the tapes here and voting Sapochnik because of his exceptional work on “The Bells” (from the same eligible season, no less) that was not submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

Not a fan of any of those episodes, but I think I would go with “The Long Night” (tho I would prefer in this sepcific category “The Bells”)

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

“The Long Night”, which was the correct choice to submit over the dreadfully boring “The Bells”. I really wanna convince myself they’ll split the vote and I can predict McKay but it’ll probably be Sapochnik, D&D will absolutely steal votes though, they really love them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I watched Emilia Clarke scenes in “The Bell” today and this episode is really impressive. The first scenes (Dany with Tyrion, Jon and Varys) are so well-directed and the Arya sequence is oustanding. It could be one of the best GOT episodes and the best Miguel’s episode if it had a great (or decent) writting.

“The Long Night” is my favorite episode, so of course is my choice in this scenario.

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

The Last of the Starks serving some Unbowed Unbent Unbroken realness here. It’s kinda sad to see how much class this category used to contain. Even the typical name-check Borgias and The Knick noms were cool.

I was a fan of the additional 6th spot for writing/directing at first but I take it back after seeing what they ended up being for.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I watched Emilia Clarke scenes in “The Bell” today and this episode is really impressive. The first scenes (Dany with Tyrion, Jon and Varys) are so well-directed and the Arya sequence is oustanding. It could be one of the best GOT episodes and the best Miguel’s episode if it had a great (or decent) writting. “The Long Night” is my favorite episode, so of course is my choice in this scenario.

Where exactly is the bad writing in The Bells?

The Iron Throne” was the best directed of these three episodes, but it is not even worthy of a nomination, so I am throwing out the tapes here and voting Sapochnik because of his exceptional work on “The Bells” (from the same eligible season, no less) that was not submitted.

Mmmm BS

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Comedy Series: Barry, Limited Series: Chernobyl, Drama Lead Actor: Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul), Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Drama Directing: Miguel Sapochnik for The Long Night (Game of Thrones), Drama Writing: Jed Mercurio for Episode 1 (Bodyguard)

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Seeing 90%+ of the users here unanimously vote for Sapochnik gives me hope vote splitting might not be a big issue here, and he might eventually win.

On the opposite side, if the results are so close even here for the Supporting Actress category, my hope for Lena is going way down

FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, Miguel Sapochnik (“Game of Thrones”) for Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Sapochnik, but he should have submitted “The Bells” over “The Long Night.”

Also predicting DGA winner Adam McKay to win the Emmy for the “Succession” pilot.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.