Home Forums Television Vote-Splitting 2020: Garner & McTeer

Vote-Splitting 2020: Garner & McTeer

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
Jays
methaddiction
RedSnapper
Vote-Splitting 2020: Garner & McTeer
I would sooner vote Julia Garner to win this year
39 votes (47.56%)
I would sooner vote Janet McTeer to win this year
43 votes (52.44%)
  • Profile picture
    TV_Sideliner
    Topics:

I like Julia Garner and “Ruth” a lot and preferred them in S1 ans s2, but Janet McTeer and “Helen” were excellent and compelling throughout s3. I wouldn’t be mad if either actresses won, tbh.

Truly, if Garner won again that would be fine. Anything that gets Ozark more gold.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wow 53.66% for McTeer and 46.34% for Garner, I guess one person benefits :

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RedSnapper
    Topics:

Wow 53.66% for McTeer and 46.34% for Garner, I guess one person benefits :

As a fan of both shows, I would be a-okay with this!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rodben2000
    Topics:

Julia Garner was great but in my opinion not as good as she was in season 2. On the other hand Janet McTeer was terrific every scene she was in especially in that last couple of episodes. So my vote goes to McTeer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Garner, hands down.

Not sure if anyone listens to Marc Maron’s podcast, but he had Laura Linney on the latest episode and she talked about how perfect Garner is for her role in Ozark. It’s match made in heaven, with Garner’s sensibilities as an actor and the qualities that the role requires, it’s pretty undeniable that it’s an electrifying combo. McTeer is fantastic, but there’s just a certain umph to Julia as Ruth that I find so appealing.

Just listened to the episode this morning! Really fascinating stuff. Linney seems so down to earth and an actual genuinely nice person. Only makes me want to root for her more!

Also – I should get back into listening to Maron’s podcast. I used to listen weekly. He’s really a great interviewer. The conversations always go very deep, you feel like you’re listening in on a private conversation.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Jays.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Jays.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Agree with everything you said!

And yeah, he’s gotten some big names. During Oscar season, he even got Pitt and Leo mainly due to Pitt being a big fan of his.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

It’s pretty even for me. I love Ruth, and Garner’s portrayal, but she took a relative backseat this season, and Garner already has a deserved Emmy. McTeer really shined this season, evaluated the material she was given, and this is the last chance to reward her. I voted McTeer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I am at the point where I am thinking that these two place first and second/third, like Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

McTeer’s scene with Bateman and Linney’s son gives her my vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

McTeer was really great this season and I would love for her to win but it won’t happen because people love Garner and Ruth even more for the most part.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

McTeer was really great this season and I would love for her to win but it won’t happen because people love Garner and Ruth even more for the most part.

Garner vs McTeer kind of makes me think of Aaron Paul be Giancarlo Esposito for a few different reasons. Ultimately, if an Ozark actress wins, I’m guessing it’ll be the show’s fan favorite supporting player, rather than the more villainous role.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

I’m glad to see these results because I’m McTeer all the way. Her performance was excellent and I’d love to see her win. Though I don’t expect it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.