Home Forums Television VOTE TODAY! Gold Derby 2020-2021 Episode of the Year

VOTE TODAY! Gold Derby 2020-2021 Episode of the Year

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
vinny
wolfali
Chris Beachum
  • Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

FYC COMEDY EPISODE

“I Am Nobody! Who Are You?”, Dickinson

“Everlight”, Mythic Quest

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

FYC Drama Episode

“Take Me To Church”, Pose

FYC Comedy Episode

“In God We Trust”, Search Party

FYC!
    Lead Actress (Drama) - Emma Corrin ("The Crown")
    Lead Actor (Drama) - Billy Porter ("Pose")
    Writing (Comedy) - Maya Erskine ("PEN15")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Can’t currently access profiles, the predictions center, or send private messages.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

Can’t currently access profiles, the predictions center, or send private messages.

Same here, it’s been happening since last night for me

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

The tech team is working on it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

This Is Us – “Birth Mother”
    This Is Us

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Antony Mathews
    Topics:

FYC Drama Episode

“Murda Night”, P-Valley

FYC Comedy Episode

“Zoey’s Extraordinary Mystery”, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist

Emmy FYC: Basically no one because everyone who was my FYC was snubbed. Anyway, I May Destroy You for victory in each category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

That moment when all your favourite TV episodes of the year have been in limited series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

That moment when all your favourite TV episodes of the year have been in limited series.

. I highly reccomend checking out this is us, law and order: organized crime,pose, handmaidens tale I heard was doing season level excellence again, svu, and the nevers. I had the same problem but those shows made it a bit better for me since they delivered every time. Hope this helps :). I’m hella more helpful for comedy if u need any show names 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Since animated series can submit episodes in the comedy category, you can do that as well.

Do animated episodes have to be submitted in comedy or can we submit them in drama as well?

I ask as it retains “Invincible”, currently in Amazon FYC as a Drama Series and whom last year submitted “Undone” to the Emmy for Drama Writing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

“Pizza”, Servant

I have seen this a few times in this forum (from presumably just a couple of posters), but we have so few people who watch Servant here that it has taken off and it is weird enough to compel me to speak up, not having posted in this forum in weeks!  “Pizza” was good, but the episode right after it titled “2:00” is so obviously the episode of Servant this season.  Apple knows it, hence they are pushing it across all categories.  M. Night Shyamalan knew it, hence it was the single episode that he chose to direct this season.  The general audience knows it, as reflected in it having the highest score of the season on IMDb.  “2:00” was the singular achievement.  That cliffhanger twist in “Pizza” and the pulpy shenanigans earlier in the episode too were all fun, but “2:00” is so obviously operating at a higher level, cinematically and narratively.

Not the most recent example, but most here saw the second season of Homeland and it is analogous.  “New Car Smell” was a strong episode with a thrilling cliffhanger in Brody being captured, leading into an awaited episode-long showdown in “Q&A.”  I personally preferred “New Car Smell” and I was not the only one, but again, “Q&A” was of course the episode, so they submitted it across all categories and it won a couple of major Emmys.  “Pizza” is a strong episode with a thrilling conclusion in which someone is captured, leading into an awaited episode-long showdown in “2:00”. Okay, back to editing interviews.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I have seen this a few times in this forum (from presumably just a couple of posters), but we have so few people who watch Servant here that it has taken off and it is weird enough to compel me to speak up, not having posted in this forum in weeks! “Pizza” was good, but the episode right after it titled “2:00” is so obviously the episode of Servant this season. Apple knows it, hence they are pushing it across all categories. M. Night Shyamalan knew it, hence it was the single episode that he chose to direct this season. The general audience knows it, as reflected in it having the highest score of the season on IMDb. “2:00” was the singular achievement. That cliffhanger twist in “Pizza” and the pulpy shenanigans earlier in the episode too were all fun, but “2:00” is so obviously operating at a higher level, cinematically and narratively. Not the most recent example, but most here saw the second season of Homeland and it is analogous. “New Car Smell” was a strong episode with a thrilling cliffhanger in Brody being captured, leading into an awaited episode-long showdown in “Q&A.” I personally preferred “New Car Smell” and I was not the only one, but again, “Q&A” was of course the episode, so they submitted it across all categories and it won a couple of major Emmys. “Pizza” is a strong episode with a thrilling conclusion in which someone is captured, leading into an awaited episode-long showdown in “2:00”. Okay, back to editing interviews.

I agree with you. 2:00 is my favorite S2 episode as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

I love both Pizza and 2:00, I just like Pizza a little bit more. Anyway, I’m voting for both episodes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The tech issue seems to have been fixed, so you should all be able to send PMs now 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

I have a strong feeling Pose finale will be one of my options, so I will wait to send my choices.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.