Home Forums Television Gold Derby TV Awards 2019 (Announcing Winners 9/18)

Gold Derby TV Awards 2019 (Announcing Winners 9/18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 478 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
kellis
  • Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

I was really curious as to what was going on with voting, so I surveyed 41 voters to see what the general trends were. I tallied votes, but I won’t share exact numbers so as to keep the surprises for nomination morning, but here are some interesting things I noticed:

You guys really REALLY love British shows, huh?

A TON of support for The Good Fight. Names I didn’t even recognize were popping up again and again.

Killing Eve got a lot of support too, which I find really surprising given the general air of “meh” surrounding your guys’ reception of the second season.

If the Emmys are like GD, Netflix’s choice to put Sex Education in Drama might just pay off…

Penn Badgley?

If a lead actor from Succession is getting nominated at the Emmys, it won’t be Brian Cox. The big supporting actor contender also probably isn’t who you think it is either.

I’m now thinking about switching my third GoT supporting actress slot to Christie instead of Turner.

Amazon should have fought to keep Jean-Baptiste in guest.

Homecoming will likely be winning at least one prize.

Fleabag.

Have we ever seen a performer win a GD award for every single season of their show? Because it’s looking like we’ll see that this year.

Ellis and Nash should’ve gone supporting.

You guys are a lot less forgetful than the Emmys.

Game of Thrones has a LOT of acting votes and will win several, but it’s a very realistic possibility that it won’t even get nominated for drama series.

Do NOT underestimate Pose. The response here is more lukewarm than the general public, so if it’s getting this level of reception at GD, then it’s gonna blow UP at the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The only thing I have realized from going through ballots is that Hill House, Kate Siegel, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Pedretti and Carla Gugino could easily end up in our nods. Also, Cicely Tyson and Glynn Turman are getting a lot of votes it seems.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

I noticed the same things. Let’s pray the Emmys like Hill House as much as we do!

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The only thing I have realized from going through ballots is that Hill House, Kate Siegel, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Pedretti and Carla Gugino could easily end up in our nods.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

If the Emmys are like GD, Netflix’s choice to put Sex Education in Drama might just pay off…

I find this interesting because I am essentially refusing to vote for it in anything because it isn’t in Comedy

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Have we ever seen a performer win a GD award for every single season of their show? Because it’s looking like we’ll see that this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

I find this interesting because I am essentially refusing to vote for it in anything because it isn’t in Comedy

I don’y mind it in drama. Yes it is funny but it has some heavy, dramatic moments and it’s tone is fairly grounded. It’s the perfect example of a dramedy, so I’m fine with it being nominated wherever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC Tucan and Bertie!!!

The acclaimed animated series was not in the prediction center for about a week, so it will have an uphill battle to a nomination, but it’s a great show with a solid chance at the Emmys. Tiffany Haddish’s best work! I was not a fan at first, but by the end this series is such a great series about female friendship. PLEASE VOTE FOR IT!

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

And there are those that I think are close to the lineup:

Doctor Who – Rosa

Please consider this work of art

Parks

Excited

Face

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Not if he has anything to do with it.

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

ReplyCopy URL
    Luis Vigário
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC

“Vida” for Best Comedy Series

Melissa Barrera in “Vida” for Best Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/94c2edc9ab2f472bd4c8b2642284dc93/tumblr_ps6gqlkEvp1wpy0dwo1_500.gif

“Maniac” for Best Limited Series
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/6cfff61b303c76df0209494633bb7df5/tumblr_pfixeebwPV1qzeweeo3_r3_540.gif

Emma Stone in “Maniac” for Best Lead Actress in a Limited Series/TV Movie
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/8528c3eb5f5f21c599b9d22ca1265c15/tumblr_pfjq6ucrSi1rsb51ro6_r2_540.gif

Vanessa Hudgens in “Rent! Live” for Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series/TV Movie
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/ca33b9428cb15919a55336414d9c9312/tumblr_pmbvbm3G7Q1vmjs6wo6_540.gif

Indya Moore in “Pose” for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Ncuti Gatwa in “Sex Education” for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

=======

Can you guys add “I’m Sorry”, Andrea Savage and Tom Everett Scott to the list?

ReplyCopy URL
    verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

For your consideration: Freddie Highmore (The Good Doctor): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kiFobypSVNQ

ReplyCopy URL
    verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

For your consideration: Alfie Allen (Game of Thrones): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gOO_JKJDubg

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: Drama Categories
    (Not all my actual top choices, just things that I think should get more attention.)

Series: Homecoming
    Homecoming

Leading Actor: Stephan James – Homecoming
    Stephan James - Homecoming

Leading Actress: Elizabeth Olsen – Sorry for Your Loss
    Elizabeth Olsen - Sorry for Your Loss

Supporting Actor: Ncuti Gatwa – Sex Education
    Ncuti Gatwa - Sex Education

Supporting Actress: Indya Moore – Pose
    Indya Moore - Pose

Guest Actor: Jeremy Allen White – Homecoming
    Jeremy Allen White - Homecoming

Guest Actress: Phylicia Rashad – This Is Us
    Phylicia Rashad - This Is Us

Episode: “Our Little Island Girl” – This Is Us

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 478 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.